ADVERTISEMENT

Our team.... compared to My team

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
It sounded so good to hear coach Mark Pope refer to the UK Wildcats as our team. Over these last years I never thought it sounded right every time that John Calipari would say my team. I would almost cringe when I would hear Calipari say my team. It sounded so selfish. Pope sure is a breath of fresh air.

Cal definitely lost his way somewhere along the way. Maybe too much money? Maybe too much success? IDK but he was a shell of his former self when he left and it was past time for him to do so.
Pope is a breath of fresh air and really is a stark contrast to Cal's negativity and ingratitude for all that UK basketball has done for him.
Cal was hyper focused on individuality at the expense of team.
Teams win titles....not individuals.

Last edited:
Cal definitely lost his way somewhere along the way. Maybe too much money? Maybe too much success? IDK but he was a shell of his former self when he left and it was past time for him to do so.
Pope is a breath of fresh air and really is a stark contrast to Cal's negativity and ingratitude for all that UK basketball has done for him.
He was hyper focused on individuality at the expense of team.
Teams win titles....not individuals.
I’ve really grown to despise Calipari. Used to absolutely love the guy. Now I can’t stand to even listen to the SOB speak. POS in my book, in a lot of ways.

I’ve really grown to despise Calipari. Used to absolutely love the guy. Now I can’t stand to even listen to the SOB speak. POS in my book, in a lot of ways.
I was over in Germany for a visit during game against Oakland. Followed gamecast on my phone. After the loss, I wondered to myself, "how much more BS are UK fans gonna take"?

Answers came soon after. Time for Cal to go.

I don't care how he refers to the team or what he says. It's easy to say the right things it's a lot more difficult to build a successful team. The only thing that matters is the record and our success in the tournament. I didn't like Cal because of his lack of success and I plan on judging Pope the exact same.

He bold-faced rubbed the most putrid pile of cow manure in our faces intentionally for several years while furthering his selfish agenda of improving dollar amounts in his circle while pimping OUR school.
Best part was when he claimed his mission was higher than "that" ok f off.
Also as the son of a green beret, dropping that knee toward that flag when you have no right and no understanding of what it means and the blood that went into it, because you actually have never served anyone but yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT