ADVERTISEMENT

Otega Oweh

It was weird that we went from a top contender to basically all the Twitter smoke pointing him towards Calipari. That said, all that smoke came before Boogie committed to Cal. It'll be interesting to see where this recruitment ends up. If we can get Davis on a visit, I think we'll temper some of the razorback smog.
My worry is Cal flew out to see him himself, that tells me he’s a priority and he don’t lose too often when he does that, then the visit is this weekend. If he makes it out of that and hasn’t commited or doesn’t and then we get a visit I will feel ok. It may not get that far though. Kinda feels like how a Cal recruitment plays out.

Reactions: JPFisher
Once again a player thread goes to a Cal bash thread. HE IS GONE. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ..... Oweh would be a very solid signing. Just a sophomore last year, made a huge jump from his freshman to sophomore year. We need 9 more players, he would be a solid addition, plus two years remaining. IF he make a similar jump to his JR. year, we could have a star in the making.

He and Butler would be a very solid back court, tough, and defend like their lives depend on it. Give me grit and effort all day. We had all kinds of shooters last year, no defenders / rebounders. Need some toughness to go with the shooting. Not saying BOTH would start, but very good depth at the guard position.

Reactions: storm1507
Otega-tron 😍

“We used to call him ‘Otega-Tron’ because he was like a Transformer for us,” he told KSR. “Whatever we needed him to do, he did. If we needed him to defend bigs, defend wings, defend guards, he did it. … He defends a lot of positions.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT