ADVERTISEMENT

Otega Oweh

Johnell Davis and Great Osobor would really put this team over the top! I’d say we’d be one of the favorites!
From what I've surmised from various sources, we're basically out of the running or at least low on the totem pole for Davis.

I think I read he's a heavy Arky lean.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
I have no sources, but I have a hunch that we have at least two more players publicly committed by Monday. This weekend is huge.
We better have 2-3 this week or else I will start getting a little worried, still plenty of names left to come out but we need at least 5-6 players by the end of the week I believe.

• Haha
Reactions: OmahaCats
I think it was a thread called "Oklahoma guy visiting" or something like that.....

basketball.gif

I don’t know how we could be low on the totem pole, when it was supposedly down to UK and Arkansas. We may not get him but I think we are in the mix least.
It was weird that we went from a top contender to basically all the Twitter smoke pointing him towards Calipari. That said, all that smoke came before Boogie committed to Cal. It'll be interesting to see where this recruitment ends up. If we can get Davis on a visit, I think we'll temper some of the razorback smog.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Regardless what your opinion of Cal is, competing against him for a recruit is daunting.
I agree, but if any staff can contend, I think Pope has it. Just based off what the “experts” have said about this staff. Should be some good battles in the future.

Is Davis that much better overall than Oweh? Oweh has the size and strength, can play the two or three, can guard anybody effectively except the five and can score from all three levels efficiently. Oweh and Osobor playing together to me would be a great one two punch.

Is Davis that much better overall than Oweh? Oweh has the size and strength, can play the two or three, can guard anybody effectively except the five and can score from all three levels efficiently. Oweh and Osobor playing together to me would be a great one two punch.
Davis is much better.

247 has him 100% to UK in portal rankings? I haven’t seen anything mentioning him and I been trying to keep up…
Here's what I said about him in my podcast:

Otega Oweh: 6’5 Sophomore guard from Oklahoma, averaged 11 pts and 4 rebs on the season, shot 38% from 3. Important note here, Coach Porter Moser at Oklahoma is a great offensive mind and runs some really good concepts, a lot of which are very similar to Pope - so as far as offensive fit, Oweh has some experience playing in a similar system. He’s a NJ kid though, so not sure if Hurley is going to come calling too

Scheduled visits this weeknd

Aidan Mahoney st Mary’s
Devion Smith Utah
Andrew Carr Wake F.
Andrej Stojakovic Stanford

Monday

Great Osobor Utah St
what about the Garrison guy from Ok State?
thought he was supposed to visit this week

11pts? This guy can’t be a top 5 recruit for UK or we are in for a very long season!
I had always heard, growing up, that point guards weren't supposed to be the main or best scorer on a team. At 11 pts a game while being labeled by some as a "true PG," I think that's pretty solid. What else does he bring besides scoring? Slashing, passing, stealing, defense, energy... What?

Remember, Anthony Davis took the sixth most shots and was still the most important player on the floor. 😂

Regardless what your opinion of Cal is, competing against him for a recruit is daunting.
Of course he’s going to sign most of the guys he already had signed with him at Kentucky. Why wouldn’t he? Players don’t commit to a school bc of the school. Unless you’re a home grown kid. So it’s not surprising that Cal would have more guys on his roster right now. And yes as far as high school recruits go, Cal will get higher rated guys than Pope will overall. Hopefully Pope gets solid transfers and recruits that stick around for a few years

Yes, respectfully, very much yes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT