ADVERTISEMENT

OT: which wierd sports do you follow? (wierd = sports other then BB and FB)

Michele Warnke was one of my students when she attended U Cumberlands in Williamsburg. Second female to scale the warp wall and finish the course.

That's cool. I'm impressed by all the contestants and love seeing how far the ladies can go. I would have loved trying it when I was younger but those days are long past.

When I was a kid, I loved watching Olympic track and field because 1) America almost always kicked ass and 2) I was in awe at the sheer athleticism of the sprinters and jumpers.

As an adult, my high school needed a track coach so I gave it a go. Once you get into coaching it, you begin to understand how much conditioning, skill, and practice goes into being even competent at the throwing, jumping, and hurdling events. The great beauty of the sport, though, is that there is zero subjectivity to it. In football one man's good block is another man's holding penalty; in baseball balls and strikes are up to the umpire; in basketball fouls are different from one ref to another. In track, you can't argue with the stopwatch, and you can't blame your teammates. It's all on you. It is, in its own way, the most beautiful expression of sheer athleticism.

There is much debate about whether or not auto racing is an actual sport. But outside college football and college basketball, I really enjoy motor sports, particularly drag racing. There's just not too many things in this life as intense as an 8,000 horsepower top fuel dragster making a 330 mph pass. The same applies for an outlaw pro mod that can cover 660 feet in 3.5 seconds at 220 mph. Today's professional drag racing classes are insanely fast. Heck, many of the sportsman classes feature insanely fast cars these days.

Outside of football and basketball I love college lacrosse. Having played in high school and on the club lacrosse team at UK it's a fun sport. A lot of fun to watch. Going to the NCAA final 4 on Saturday at Gillette. I also follow golf, skiing/snowboarding and some tennis.

Huge MMA fan. Especially Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. My brother is one of the best up and coming competitors in the United States right now, so I follow it pretty closely.

I don't know why, but every 4 years I get the urge to watch this.

awesome-shot-o.gif

I'd probably watch it more if it were ever on tv. Much better than watching Stephen A. Smith yelling about stuff. I guess I will have to wait until The Ocho starts up.

I don't know why, but every 4 years I get the urge to watch this.

awesome-shot-o.gif

I'd probably watch it more if it were ever on tv. Much better than watching Stephen A. Smith yelling about stuff. I guess I will have to wait until The Ocho starts up.

Watch ESPN has the Canadian Mens and Womens championships and other events.

Youtube has the Worlds Mens and Womens championships and other events.

Also if you can find streams for Sportsnet (for the Grand Slam events) and TSN you basically got curling covered.

The big teams all play on the World Curling Tour and play in those events above.

As far as American curling........good luck with that. You might be able to find some crummy Youtube streams but I don't even bother with those.

Toe Wrestling. A little town in Africa by the name of Toemea in the capital city for this sport. The winner of the yearly Toe Off receives food for his family for year.

Every sport can be boring. That's what I hate about his society today. Imo baseball is the probably the most difficult and beautiful sport there is. Also imo the best playoff experience, you just don't know who will win. For some reason 20-28ish year olds thinks it's boring. I think it's a word used for people unable to understand the games and have little patients. That's why the NFL was so popular.

Tennis players are super athletic and super skilled. I've attended several matches in college and really enjoyed it.

Now soccer? I will never buy in.
Why do you think doctors who specialize in dwarfism can't understand baseball?

College Basketball
College Football
Track
Female soccer
female volleyball
female softball
Darts
badminton
Picking up tree limbs (four pin oaks)

Formula 1. I know some say it's not a true sport but these guys take up to 4gs for up to two hours. They have crazy training regimens to increase strength but stay as light as possible. Schumacher said that Ferrari tested his blood up to twice a day and every bite of food he ate was recorded and his diet adjusted. The best thing about it is the season runs March to November.[thumb2]

Reactions: MbergCat
I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan, Preds in NHL, although there are so many games I don't watch either religiously. I enjoy watching the Softball and Baseball college World Series as well.

Reactions: morgousky
I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan, Preds in NHL, although there are so many games I don't watch either religiously. I enjoy watching the Softball and Baseball college World Series as well.

You and I are nearly identical.....

We gotta get you to a blues game quickly!

I am a professional cycling fan. Looking forward to the Tour de France.
Looks like the routes are going through several areas where I used to live and visit. Liege, Seraing, Luxembourg City, Thionville, and Metz. Beautiful areas..... except for Seraing that place was a hole.

Baseball, Boxing, MMA

But as far as something that isn't mainstreamed, I love watching College Gymnastics (especially the SEC). I appreciate the athleticism on display. It's cool when someone has truly mastered their own body weight. <<Related to that, its why I find the "Bar/Callisthenic" workouts so cool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT