ADVERTISEMENT

OT: which wierd sports do you follow? (wierd = sports other then BB and FB)

SmyrnaCatFan

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2012
I follow Predators in NHL and the Royal Challengers Bangalore in India Premier League Cricket.

As far as the NHL, I never watched it until gaining some interest in Nashville and now I enjoy it. I'll watch some of the playoffs every year and all of the finals like I do the NBA.

Reactions: Cats192
Mumbley peg. The world championships are held on the grounds at Sing Sing every year. It's a beautiful thing.

Curling. Rugby, Water Polo, 3rd Division Italian soccer.

oh and the Icelandic Soccer League. I love that soccer team that does the wild celebrations after they score a goal. They don't do that anymore but been a fan ever since.

Last edited:
I really enjoy watching college softball. Game is played so quick without endless amounts of time between pitches.

Reactions: musrat59
Can't say I watch them other than maybe the olympics. But water polo is a good one to watch. So is lacrosse.

Always been a big international soccer fan. Other than the NCAA Tournament, nothing is better (in my opinion) than the World Cup. I don't really follow the European leagues, just like watching the international competitions. I watch lots of golf too.

Team USA soccer. I enjoy soccer, but can't make myself invest in any of the MLS teams. Can't find a reason to root for a Spanish team.

NHL: I've got some friends that are big into the preds and started watching not too long ago. Goals in hockey are always awesome.

Reactions: GG24
Beer pong.

giphy.gif

Tennis.

Think you have to play at least some to really appreciate the sport, but I honestly believe that the top tennis players are the most skilled athletes on the planet. Not best, mind you, but most skilled. And I think the sport, with its one on one nature, is like boxing, but with an intermediary. Federer vs Nadal at their best can be like Ali vs Frazier.

But I understand why it's totally a niche sport. 2 people hitting a ball back and forth can be boring.

Golf is the only sport I go out of my way to follow other than college and pro football and basketball. I'll occasionally watch MMA, and definitely soccer when the World Cup is on.

Tennis.

Think you have to play at least some to really appreciate the sport, but I honestly believe that the top tennis players are the most skilled athletes on the planet. Not best, mind you, but most skilled. And I think the sport, with its one on one nature, is like boxing, but with an intermediary. Federer vs Nadal at their best can be like Ali vs Frazier.

But I understand why it's totally a niche sport. 2 people hitting a ball back and forth can be boring.

Every sport can be boring. That's what I hate about his society today. Imo baseball is the probably the most difficult and beautiful sport there is. Also imo the best playoff experience, you just don't know who will win. For some reason 20-28ish year olds thinks it's boring. I think it's a word used for people unable to understand the games and have little patients. That's why the NFL was so popular.

Tennis players are super athletic and super skilled. I've attended several matches in college and really enjoyed it.

Now soccer? I will never buy in.

Every sport can be boring. That's what I hate about his society today. Imo baseball is the probably the most difficult and beautiful sport there is. Also imo the best playoff experience, you just don't know who will win. For some reason 20-28ish year olds thinks it's boring. I think it's a word used for people unable to understand the games and have little patients. That's why the NFL was so popular.

Tennis players are super athletic and super skilled. I've attended several matches in college and really enjoyed it.

Now soccer? I will never buy in.

I love to watch tennis, and I can watch baseball when the Reds are good, which is very rare. But baseball definitely needs something to cut down on the monotony. Games that last 2:30 to 2:45 or so are not bad, but when they go well over 3 hrs, that's a bit much. And they play far too many games in baseball. 162 is ridiculous, IMO. Cut it down to about 100, if that.

I like the fact you have no commercials during a soccer game.

Last edited:
I love to watch tennis, and I can watch baseball when the Reds are good, which is very rare. But baseball definitely needs something to cut down on the monotony. Games that last 2:30 to 2:45 or so are not bad, but when they go well over 3 hrs, that's a bit much. And they play far too many games in baseball. 162 is ridiculous, IMO. Cut it down to about 100, if that.

Man I don't want anyone screwing around wth baseball. But it's my favorite sport. I understand where some think it's too long, or too slow, but that's the game. I don't want a hurry up rule for pitchers (would destroy a pitching advantage), hate the replay rule, and love it played the way it's meant to be played.

When I was growing up in the 90's baseball was huge. My family are huge cardinal fans but Griffey is my guy (besides Ozzie). I collect expensive and rare Griffey memorabilia, but stay away from the reds stuff. Griffey will forever be a Mariner, but I've ventured off.

Baseball is coming back strong. Our high school team had to have tryouts and cuts for the first time in history in 2015. Parents are growing fearful of football, and reverting back to baseball. I'm so glad. This countries obsession with the NFL over the last decade has become unbearable to me.

Man I don't want anyone screwing around wth baseball. But it's my favorite sport. I understand where some think it's too long, or too slow, but that's the game. I don't want a hurry up rule for pitchers (would destroy a pitching advantage), hate the replay rule, and love it played the way it's meant to be played.

When I was growing up in the 90's baseball was huge. My family are huge cardinal fans but Griffey is my guy (besides Ozzie). I collect expensive and rare Griffey memorabilia, but stay away from the reds stuff. Griffey will forever be a Mariner, but I've ventured off.

Baseball is coming back strong. Our high school team had to have tryouts and cuts for the first time in history in 2015. Parents are growing fearful of football, and reverting back to baseball. I'm so glad. This countries obsession with the NFL over the last decade has become unbearable to me.

You should try some Cricket.

Reactions: morgousky
ADVERTISEMENT