ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA Men’s Team

USA is guarding like last years UK. Wide open jumper after wide open jumper. Terrible turnovers and without Curry this is an absolute blow out.

Steve Kerr looks lost. I guess he is too busy focusing on the next woke initiative instead of coaching.

Embiid couldn’t out rebound my grandma. Serbia got like 4 offensive rebounds in a row while he just stood there.

they are a total embarrassment to not only the fans, but to the country.
Too bad Barkley isn't playing or at least coaching
This is exactly why I do not watch the NBA, too much show boating and not enough serious playing

USA team made a great 4th qtr. comeback. For most of the game they looked uncoached and didn’t know their roles except for Curry. Curry took and hit a lot of 3’s. Team decided to play some defense in 4th qtr, and Serbs started missing the shots that they were draining earlier.

This was entertaining lol

The lack of rebounding tho is shocking lol.
Embiid is amazing but they should play AD more. He’s been crushing it, and we all know he rebounds. The line up changes are weird Kerr runs. I don’t think Edwards plays enough, Booker rarely gets a shot some games, and not playing Tatum. Thankfully Curry went nuclear this game. Serbia is legit, this was a tough game. It’s a shame they can’t win silver and drew us in the semi finals. I know it’s hard to play this many guys in a 40 minute game but I’d get Haliburton and Tatum on the floor somehow.

This entire thread is lol
Not really, they looked terrible for 3 quarters and were down 17. Without Curry going insane they lose this game. Honestly it was deserved if a team like this one won bronze or god forbid lost in that game too. I’m happy we came back and won though. Guys finally started playing really serious in the 4th. I think that’s the product of the NBA too, lots of lolly gagging or taking it easy until crunch time. It’s hard to rely on a 32-17 quarter against a team like Serbia.

Reactions: twindaddy2003+1
To the comments about AD, he never had a chance in this game. Every time he checked in, Jokic bodied him and got a whistle. Tatum with the DNP is confusing though. We didn’t get a whole lot out of our wings not named Lebron today.

What is LOL about it? Yes, they came back and won. It doesn't change the fact that they looked terrible and were badly outplayed for nearly the whole game.
You have posts calling them an embarrassment to the country lol.

Newsflash, this isn’t 32 years ago. The world is much better and some games the US is gonna have to gut out some wins.

Bron got the old man beard going strong. Lotta grey in that bad boy. Amazing he still plays at this level. I’d like to see some urine screens honestly. He’s always been an athletic freak but even the best ones ever fall off at some point. It don’t make sense physically, even Jordan lost a few steps with the Wizards and he was right about his age, could barely dunk anymore especially his second year.

I can't for the life of me understand Lebron's hero ball 3-point attempt late when you have Booker, Durant and Curry on the floor. Just asinine.

Reactions: Fox2monk
You have posts calling them an embarrassment to the country lol.

Newsflash, this isn’t 32 years ago. The world is much better and some games the US is gonna have to gut out some wins.
That is true but still no nation has a lineup like we trot out. They just have the advantage of playing together for long periods of time. You are correct that the gap is closed now for a couple countries and overall in Europe.

I can't for the life of me understand Lebron's hero ball 3-point attempt late when you have Booker, Durant and Curry on the floor. Just asinine.
I can, he is a way better shooter now than he has been and he seems to make some clutch 3’s late. I agree those guys should be shooting it but the game lived on the shoulders of the veterans and he’s the best player ever in this group. He’s at worst tied with Curry, but he’s overall a better player at least defensively in most of his years. It’s not like he can’t shoot when he wants plus he still had a triple double.

To the comments about AD, he never had a chance in this game. Every time he checked in, Jokic bodied him and got a whistle. Tatum with the DNP is confusing though. We didn’t get a whole lot out of our wings not named Lebron today.
Ya Embiid was the only one physically staying with Jokic. I wish he could leave his feet for a rebound but he seemed necessary to keep Jokic out of it

Reactions: Fox2monk
Probably because up until today, Lebron has easily outplayed, out shot Curry and Booker. He has carried the US in several games. He sucks, he just had a hero ball triple double and damn near had one in the group stage. I can't for the life of me understand why so many supposed basketball gurus continue to shit on Lebron James. Without him, we lose to Sudan in the exhibition game, and maybe even another game he took over.

Reactions: ganner918
That is some bull, AD is one of the best defenders in the league and world. I hate when refs take players out of the game like that. I didn’t see the first 2 and a half quarters so I wondered why AD got so few shots and minutes.

Might wanna rethink that.
Nope
Glad they won, no doubt, but just going thru the motions for 3 quarters is just laughable. Almost as bad as the coaching. Don't really care for Tatum, but he is a scorer, and he needs to play when points are hard to come by. Same with Haliburton, he is a player. Ridiculous to have guys sit an entire game.

I am sitting on my couch not even watching, I'm glued 24/7 to my Newsmaxx fix, and but this team is embarrassing my lard ass. And Lebron's the reason I don't ever put my chetoo's powdered pudgy finger on the remote and flick to worse NBAwefulness.

I am sitting on my couch not even watching, I'm glued 24/7 to my Newsmaxx fix, and but this team is embarrassing my lard ass. And Lebron's the reason I don't ever put my chetoo's powdered pudgy finger on the remote and flick to worse NBAwefulness.
Got eem! Too funny. These frauds are so in their feelings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT