ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread was created over two months ago right after Musk bought the company and there was so much happening with Twitter basically everyday. It is possible for companies to return to a state of relative normalcy over a two-month span. Twitter had been #1 before (right after Musk bought it) so this isn't ground-breaking news. I'm completely calm, you're the one that called me a dipshit. This really isn't that deep, I was just pointing out an observation. Also, saying relax and calm down is redundant.

You weren’t playing devils advocate when you responded to a post about Twitter being number 1 with saying it’s been in the top 10-15, you were actually further proving a point. Had you said it’s already been number 1 like you’re saying in this post, then you would be playing devils advocate. That’s why you were called a dipshit, because your post was dumb and I was busting your balls just like guys do. No one is angry.

You weren’t playing devils advocate when you responded to a post about Twitter being number 1 with saying it’s been in the top 10-15, you were actually further proving a point. Had you said it’s already been number 1 like you’re saying in this post, then you would be playing devils advocate. That’s why you were called a dipshit, because your post was dumb and I was busting your balls just like guys do. No one is angry.
Top 10-15 in the ENTIRE app store (as in all of the categories) can equate to being #1 in news. My point was that Twitter had always been one of the most popular apps in the app store so it's not huge news if it beats out Reddit (which is second in the news rankings so that says a lot about society) for the #1 spot. The tweet Musk originally put out tried to make out that now that he's taken over, Twitter is now super popular. By saying that Twitter has always been popular, that's playing devil's advocate.

I don’t know how many businesses you’ve owned but in my industry the first year of new ownership averages an 18% drop in revenue until things get up and running. Twitter currently has record users, significantly reduced payroll, and just signed multiple large advertising deals. That’s a rather stark contrast from the very first post in this thread. I would imagine this is a long term play that will take about 10 years or so to see how it really played out, but Twitter is currently positioned not to go “bankrupt” this year.

Plus he no longer gets that handy fbi/nsa money of about 3 million per month. That's just what we know about only because it was referenced in emails rather in their auto disappearing portal.

Who knows how much of the "ad revenue" was nothing more than payment from one government agency or another to do what the government wanted.

I don’t care how rich Elon Musk is, you can still critique his business decisions. If the objective is to make money, then things look pretty bad for him right now with Twitter.

He drastically overpaid
He’s got a lot of debt
Advertising revenue is down

It’s a private company now so we won’t know the figures 100% for sure, but it sure looks that way. Put down your politics and your hero worship and your cult of personality and you’ll see the same thing.

You see this, right?

pNE73Z3.png

Elon, at this point in your life you should probably just run out the clock.

-PTI wealth management

Reactions: hmt5000
Put 2023 on there.

He’s more wealthy than me or you. I get it. But it doesn’t mean every single business decision is wise. I’m not sure why I have to explain this to you.

Put 2023 on there.

He’s more wealthy than me or you. I get it. But it doesn’t mean every single business decision is wise. I’m not sure why I have to explain this to you.
Just to provide a number he's currently at around $150 billion

Put 2023 on there.

Then you should also know that we won't know if it was until a few years have passed. People hero worshipping Elon aren't near as bad the people who were Elon fans right up until he didn't follow along with the narrative. Wild that a guy that has never voted for a republican is being attacked as a right wing extremist. All he did was allow a little more free speech and release evidence of government coercion of a publicly traded co. Why that caused people to flip should be the bigger concern then if he ends up making money on the deal or not.

Personally, I don’t give AF who he voted for, and I’ve always thought he’s very awkward and weird.

It’s pretty easy to judge this business deal on its own merits without worrying about whatever political beliefs anyone else thinks he has.

People hero worshipping Elon aren't near as bad the people who were Elon fans right up until he didn't follow along with the narrative.
I think both factions are equally annoying. If you find yourself constantly bashing the guy, you need a hobby. If you find yourself copying and pasting every Musk tweet to this thread and treating his every word as if it's the most important thing you'll read all day, you need a hobby. I can't imagine being near someone in my actual life who chooses to go all in emotionally on either hating a celebrity or worshipping that celebrity.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I think both factions are equally annoying. If you find yourself constantly bashing the guy, you need a hobby. If you find yourself copying and pasting every Musk tweet to this thread and treating his every word as if it's the most important thing you'll read all day, you need a hobby. I can't imagine being near someone in my actual life who chooses to go all in emotionally on either hating a celebrity or worshipping that celebrity.
Yeah, it's a moral sin to post Elon tweets in a thread about Elon and Twitter. Especially those that you don't like, which is apparently damn near all of them.

Hall monitor Karen needs a hobby so she isn't constantly annoyed.

Five people died, several more injured, almost a thousand people have been convicted, do you live in a hole? Do you have working eyeballs? I mean honesty, I get that some of you all want to stick up for your fellow Republicans even though they broke the law but damn, that’s a dumbass comment.
Dude, others might stop being political if you could stop.

Hall monitor Karen needs a hobby so she isn't pretending to be constantly annoyed.
Had to laugh at this because it is 100% accurate about our politically indifferent moderate who is so above those who engage in the political fray. Though I added the bolded text. What better way to prove your political apathy than to post multiple times in every thread that turns political.

Last edited:
Put 2023 on there.

That's not my point.

He has only been wealthy enough to buy twitter for what, a year? He wasn't in the top 20 richest people back in 2020. His increase in wealth over the last two years has afforded him to be able to make the biggest of moves. He's in a brand new strata of **** you money.

What would pti do differently if his net worth increased 10 fold in two years?

He can lose 80 percent of his wealth and still be better off than he was two years ago.

He was also doing prettay prettay good two years ago.

Twitter was likely defrauding investors and advertisers the entire time they were public, while also collecting revenue streams from governments for censoring content.

That’s not a business the SEC or other federal agencies are going to let Musk operate.

But when you’re the richest man in the world, you can take a $44 billion flyer because you’re a petty autistic man with a god complex*.

*I mean that as a compliment.

Elon Musk doesn't have the type of cash you think he does. His net worth is mostly tied up in Tesla stock, which was down 70% last year, and which he can only sell so much of without risking further tanking the value. Yeah, yeah, I know. He's like a billion times more wealthy that I'll ever dream of. Got it. But despite having a net worth of $200 billion, he doesn't have $44 billion laying around to blow just for funsies. That's not how this works.

This is from yesterday, and sums up the current state of Twitter's financial affairs pretty well:

* He drastically overpaid (we know this because he said so, and can't find any additional investors at the amount he paid, not to mention the stock dropped bigly from the time of his offer to the close date)
* Advertising revenue is down drastically
* Twitter loses money most years, and now has an annual $1.5 billion payment just to pay interest on the debt Elon used to buy it. It remains to be seen how he'll even find the cash to keep up with this payment.

FINANCIALLY, things do not look good.

Elon Musk doesn't have the type of cash you think he does. His net worth is mostly tied up in Tesla stock, which was down 70% last year, and which he can only sell so much of without risking further tanking the value. Yeah, yeah, I know. He's like a billion times more wealthy that I'll ever dream of. Got it. But despite having a net worth of $200 billion, he doesn't have $44 billion laying around to blow just for funsies. That's not how this works.

This is from yesterday, and sums up the current state of Twitter's financial affairs pretty well:

* He drastically overpaid (we know this because he said so, and can't find any additional investors at the amount he paid, not to mention the stock dropped bigly from the time of his offer to the close date)
* Advertising revenue is down drastically
* Twitter loses money most years, and now has an annual $1.5 billion payment just to pay interest on the debt Elon used to buy it. It remains to be seen how he'll even find the cash to keep up with this payment.

FINANCIALLY, things do not look good.

Wait a second, you’re telling us Elon didn’t have $44 billion in cash laying around? Man, big news if true. That changes everything.

:rolleyes:

It’s not like he’s pulling up his fidelity account and requesting a high interest margin loan. He’s monetizing his Tesla stock without incurring any capital gains or crashing the stock price. Lots of ultra-rich people do it.

No one has the time to respond to every one of your posts. 😝
Did a quick count and just today you’ve reacted to 12 different things that I’ve posted, none of them having anything to do with you. Nine of which are from things that I posted at the beginning of the week so I’m thinking by the time you reach my posts from yesterday and today, you’re gonna be hitting at least 20.

Did a quick count and just today you’ve reacted to 12 different things that I’ve posted, none of them having anything to do with you. Nine of which are from things that I posted at the beginning of the week so I’m thinking by the time you reach my posts from yesterday and today, you’re gonna be hitting at least 20.
I read through this thread for the first time in about a week and I pressed the laugh button when I read your exaggerated and ridiculous posts. You need to take a break if that has you frazzled. LOL

Good questions. I would not expect a CEO to answer those questions on the fly, but he could say, “submit your reasonable questions to our media relations department and we will answer all reasonable questions in written response.” Governments, businesses, the citizenry, etc. all made decisions based on the belief that the vaccine meant stopping transmission. When did the manufacturers know?

Good questions. I would not expect a CEO to answer those questions on the fly, but he could say, “submit your reasonable questions to our media relations department and we will answer all reasonable questions in written response.” Governments, businesses, the citizenry, etc. all made decisions based on the belief that the vaccine meant stopping transmission. When did the manufacturers know?
Good luck with that. These "elitest" authoritian globalist shitbags know what's best for you, so stfu and comply. Get woke already.

You vill take ze jabs. You vill own nothing and be happy. You vill eat ze bugs, have no privacy, keep a good ESG score, normalize pedophilia, Elon is Hitler, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT