ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tiger woods arrested

I don't know what he was on, but I know multiple people who have driven while on ambien but have no memory of leaving their house.

I always thought the incident where he ran into the tree was ambien-induced. Sounds like he needs a Shaq-sized, third shift baby sitter.

Think he was dodging Elin and a 9 iron is why he hit the tree.

Reactions: uky8unc5
Tyson would have been destroyed by Ali. Tyson would have been perfect for George Foreman, Joe Frazier had the bobbing and weaving style with the heavy punches, left hook in particular. Foreman destroyed him. Tyson not in the top 10 heavyweights in my opinion. He never defeated any great fighters. Larry Holmes in his prime would have knocked Tyson out. Tyson had no heart, and once hit, he usually lost.
Tyson had a punchers chance for sure. Ropey dope with Tyson could be a dangerous proposition.

Think he was dodging Elin and a 9 iron is why he hit the tree.
Exactly.
Also...yea, Tiger juiced, but he still was the best of all time for a stretch of months. He won't unseat Jack (my hero), but he had that crazy Tiger Slam stretch where the guy was a Martian. Jack was a grinder, but even he concedes Tiger was the greatest (for that stretch).

DRROVnJ.jpg

If you couldn't tell Tyson's punch would have rolled a small sized car then you started drinking too early fight night.

I never said he didn't have a devastating right hand, but you can't hit what you can't see, Ali would have beat a blue tattoo on Tysons face with that left jab, Tyson never had to box, just out punch a bum that couldn't move. If you ever dreamed Tyson could whup Ali, you should wake up and apologize.

DUI is driving under the influence of mind altering chemicals. Not drunk driving. You can receive DUI for alcohol, street drugs and prescription drugs.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Also...yea, Tiger juiced, but he still was the best of all time for a stretch of months. He won't unseat Jack (my hero), but he had that crazy Tiger Slam stretch where the guy was a Martian. Jack was a grinder, but even he concedes Tiger was the greatest (for that stretch).

I have to agree. Tiger screwed up and fell from fame and glory about as fast as any human has ever done so but when he was rolling he was the greatest golfer from any era.

Reactions: P19978
I have to agree. Tiger screwed up and fell from fame and glory about as fast as any human has ever done so but when he was rolling he was the greatest golfer from any era.
Jack is my hero. I'm so biased for him that I would root against Tiger even in the RYDER CUP. But while he's 2 on stats, Tiger is 1 on peak performance. (Ben Hogan's 11 wins in a row may be #2 on that list)

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Here's how class behaves:

A concerned Jack Nicklaus said Tiger Woods “needs our help” after the 14-time major champion was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

“I’m a fan of Tiger’s. I’m a friend of Tiger’s. And I feel bad for him,” Nicklaus said Tuesday in his annual meeting with the media ahead of Thursday’s start of the Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village Golf Club. “I think that he's struggling. And I wish him well. I hope he gets out of it and I hope he plays golf again. He needs a lot of support from a lot of people. And I'll be one of them.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...er-woods-needs-our-help-arrest-dui/102319362/

Not as in high regard or as good as the greats discussed but

Aaron Hernandez went from a mega contract on the best team in pro sports and catching balls from Tom Brady to catching cock and balls from bubba, going to prison for ever and eventually hanging himself. That's quite a fall.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Not always been a Tiger fan but do appreciate what he has done for the game. I did not like golf until Tiger make it cool to play and now it is a game I love and will carry with me until I am gone. Met many friends through the game and had experiences playing different courses, etc. that are memories I will always cherish. Indirectly, Tiger has impacted the game in more ways than even he can ever imagine. Millions like me who can credit him for introducing the game we all love to play now.

He has his demons and has not always been the greatest guy on tour, but there is no denying the impact he has had on the game and tour.

He (likely) is addicted to pain killers and probably suffers from depression. I hope he can get help from the right people and even if he never plays another round of professional golf, the game and his kids needs Tiger to get his life back together again.

Tiger was and still is the best thing to happen to golf. If Tiger comes back to any single tournament, it will be major headlines and the rating will go through the roof. It's the reason why a good chunk of his endorsements have not dried up.

Hater gonna hate.

With regards to this episode. everyone on this board after a couple of drinks could be stopped and charged with DUI. It's the reality. And most first time offenders will get a slap on the wrist...it's that common.

And Tyson's fall dwarfs Tigers...I mean, Tyson went to jail for rape. For those comparing the two are idiots and probably hate Tiger for other reasons.

Exactly. A lot of people hated him for excelling at what they considered a "white" sport. Of course, they'd be TRIGGERED at anyone even suggesting that.

13346830_1050257045060501_4907132345519154977_n.jpg

I never said he didn't have a devastating right hand, but you can't hit what you can't see, Ali would have beat a blue tattoo on Tysons face with that left jab, Tyson never had to box, just out punch a bum that couldn't move. If you ever dreamed Tyson could whup Ali, you should wake up and apologize.

No lol

Tiger did a ton for pro golf. He is a very complex personality for sure. His greatness and tragedy all can be laid at the feet of his Dad, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT