ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tiger woods arrested

When he wrecked his car several years ago, I suspected that it was an Ambien-induced incident.

Will be interesting to see if this is similar, or if he was just partying too hard and being stupid.

Edit: that report does mention unlawful blood alcohol. Wonder if that's auto-generated or indicative of findings?

Arrested at like 7 this morning. So was he up all night partying? Or woke up after drinking and the blood level was still above the minimum? Or was he drinking that early?

After reading the book The Big Miss it's not surprising this fall has continued. It's sad because he could still be adding to golf's history. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Tiger is still a young man. I hope he matures after this embarrassing episode. If I had a dime for every time I was arrested in my forties, I would get me a brand new F-150.

The only majors Tiger is getting now is major hangovers

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFolker
J
Tyson was unstoppable for so many years. He turned boxing into a relevant sport again and just demolished people. His fall was enormous. Bigger than Tiger's.

Eh I don't agree. He did make boxing relevant again, but he was overrated as hell. Never beat anyone really noteworthy. He wouldn't have been a big name in most boxing decades.

Reap what you sow....treat fans like crap for years, cheat on your wife, take roids to get an advantage in golf, etc...It never fails...ever

Reactions: KYNC89
Tiger has probably had the biggest fall from grace of any premier athlete I've ever witnessed.

There's no question about that! Dude was virtually unbeatable in his prime and now he's a complete non-factor in the game. This is rock bottom for him.

Don't think Tyson was ever at the heights Tiger was. Tiger was a legend, Tyson was a paper tiger.

That's debatable. Tyson was the biggest star in sports around the time you were born. And Tyson's fall from grace (unceremoniously knocked out by Buster Douglas, prison for rape, biting Holyfield's ear) was a much larger drop than Tiger's has been.

J

Eh I don't agree. He did make boxing relevant again, but he was overrated as hell. Never beat anyone really noteworthy. He wouldn't have been a big name in most boxing decades.

He destroyed everyone except Evander Holyfield. He lost to Buster Douglas because the man was about to have his life flipped (his own fault/doing). Prior to prison, and Buster Douglas, the guy destroyed everyone put in front of him. He had no fear of boxers. None. Zippo.

Post-prison, he wasn't the same.

To dismiss him as not having a 'big name' is...well, I don't have a word for what it is. You get the point.

I would argue that Tiger's fall was bigger than Tyson's, if only because no one would have predicted this for Tiger back when he was dominant. Even when Tyson was running roughshod over boxing, there was something about him that told you an incident like Indiana was inevitable.

I can see this reasoning. I agree with you. There was so much anger in Tyson that a lot of people felt he was going to take a wrong turn. His manager, prior to Don King, kept him in check.

Come on tiger only four more
Majors to tie jack! You can do it!

That's never going to happen. He's not even going to catch Snead for most wins. I'm guessing he'll never win again. Maybe Senior tour someday.

Reactions: KYNC89
I don't know what it is about DUI mugshots, but they always depress me. I guess it's cause I know that's how I look in the back of a cab/uber after tying one on. I used to not give a shit in my younger days, but now I just cringe at the thought of it.

170529164405-01-tiger-woods-mugshot-super-169.jpg

Tiger was PGA golfer of the year just 4 years ago. He could play right now and win some lesser tournaments, he just chooses not to because he wants to be the best.

His "fall" has been gradual if anything

Tiger was and still is the best thing to happen to golf. If Tiger comes back to any single tournament, it will be major headlines and the rating will go through the roof. It's the reason why a good chunk of his endorsements have not dried up.

Hater gonna hate.

With regards to this episode. everyone on this board after a couple of drinks could be stopped and charged with DUI. It's the reality. And most first time offenders will get a slap on the wrist...it's that common.

And Tyson's fall dwarfs Tigers...I mean, Tyson went to jail for rape. For those comparing the two are idiots and probably hate Tiger for other reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT