ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sounds like 76ers couldn’t dump Simmons

Simmons seen he was gonna be docked 285k a practice and decided he better go lol. The Sixers couldn’t get more than a second round pick for him so they came to an agreement.

Reactions: chroix
He will be the next Hardin and will be disruptive in practice and make the Sixers trade him to get rid of him. They are hoping he comes in a plays hard, make some shots outside the lane to show teams he can shoot and increase his trade value. This is a pipe dream, dude can’t shoot.

He will be the next Hardin and will be disruptive in practice and make the Sixers trade him to get rid of him. They are hoping he comes in a plays hard, make some shots outside the lane to show teams he can shoot and increase his trade value. This is a pipe dream, dude can’t shoot.

Easy there.. Harden is an MVP, 3x scoring champ, and might still be the league's best 3-level scorer. He's been fine with Brooklyn so far in terms of chemistry.

Ben Simmons is on an entirely different level. He literally refuses to put the work in and develop the most important skill in the game. Ben Simmons is something I don't think this league has ever seen. I'm trying to think of a top25 player who just refuses to do the one thing that matters most in the NBA.

They tried to wait out Beal or Dame forcing their way out of their teams. I still think he ends up in Sac for Hield and Haliburton plus filler.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Trade Simmons for Kyrie

fy3R.gif

Simmons could work on the Nets with two guys who are all offense. Not sure about Kyrie on Philly. I mean, it works if he plays for certain. But is he going to play 82 games? Or will it be only the away games and an additional 8 games for mental days off?

Reactions: Gary4UK
Simmons could work on the Nets with two guys who are all offense. Not sure about Kyrie on Philly. I mean, it works if he plays for certain. But is he going to play 82 games? Or will it be only the away games and an additional 8 games for mental days off?

I don't think Philly has the same vax mandate New York does, he could play all 82 (minus the mental health days). I definitely think he'd fit with the team, if he played. I see it as a positive for both teams, better than they'd hope to get on the trade market with anyone else given how they're both backed into a corner and negotiating from a place of weakness. Plus with all the questions surrounding both players' reliability and just their ability to fit into a team culture and not cause headaches.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't think Philly has the same vax mandate New York does, he could play all 82 (minus the mental health days). I definitely think he'd fit with the team, if he played. I see it as a positive for both teams, better than they'd hope to get on the trade market with anyone else given how they're both backed into a corner and negotiating from a place of weakness. Plus with all the questions surrounding both players' reliability and just their ability to fit into a team culture and not cause headaches.

My downstate buddies mentioned that the rumor is Kyrie might just retire if he gets traded, so Philly can't take that chance.

If true, I'm glad there are no takers yet. Players should have to live up to contracts.

If they want out so bad, let them buy out their own contract.
They both want out of it though. But everyone knows they both do so they are trying to low ball because..... why not? It's good to see him go back instead of trying to force them to get a terrible deal in return

Easy there.. Harden is an MVP, 3x scoring champ, and might still be the league's best 3-level scorer. He's been fine with Brooklyn so far in terms of chemistry.

Ben Simmons is on an entirely different level. He literally refuses to put the work in and develop the most important skill in the game. Ben Simmons is something I don't think this league has ever seen. I'm trying to think of a top25 player who just refuses to do the one thing that matters most in the NBA.
I don't believe it has. Not just the not putting in the work, we've seen something similar, but to be content being so bad at it he REFUSES to shoot the ball, at all? Not even lay ups because of fouls. I don't want a guard like this, but I'll take a 20 something percent outside shooter that will occasionally shoot(NOT OFTEN) over someone who will refuse to and the defense won't defend one single play.

He is from that area, the salaries match pretty well, and he fits offensively great. Only issue is that he is not sane and Philly knows it. Rumor is KD shot that idea down from the Nets side.

Reactions: ganner918
If you don't think Harden hasn't worked on his defensive abilities and efforts over the last 5 years (despite being the type of player that teams need for offense, unlike a point forward that can't shoot at all), I don't know what to tell you. Watch more basketball, I guess.

And the Rockets traded Harden for FOUR 1st round picks and FOUR Pick Swaps.. so this notion that you "don't believe" Harden is a better pickup/more coveted player than Ben Simmons is flat out wrong. No GM is taking Harden over Simmons. No GM is trading anywhere near that for almost a completely broken player.
You weren't the intended quote. Mine was to the "I don't believe/think the league has seen this before" (not checking, so probably some paraphrasing). I was never talking about Harden. Sorry about any mix-up fellow cat brother! I was never meaning to imply any of that!

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
If you don't think Harden hasn't worked on his defensive abilities and efforts over the last 5 years (despite being the type of player that teams need for offense, unlike a point forward that can't shoot at all), I don't know what to tell you. Watch more basketball, I guess.

And the Rockets traded Harden for FOUR 1st round picks and FOUR Pick Swaps.. so this notion that you "don't believe" Harden is a better pickup/more coveted player than Ben Simmons is flat out wrong. No GM is taking Harden over Simmons. No GM is trading anywhere near that for almost a completely broken player.
It was to Ganner's post sorry

Welp, great start to my fantasy basketball team.

Embiid now basically saying he doesn't care about Simmons or what he does, and he actually defended him for quite a while.

Simmons has to be traded or cut at this point. You can't keep a guy like that around the team. I bet he has a new home in 24 hours.

Reactions: Smashcat

Embiid now basically saying he doesn't care about Simmons or what he does, and he actually defended him for quite a while.

Simmons has to be traded or cut at this point. You can't keep a guy like that around the team. I bet he has a new home in 24 hours.
I'm neutral on Philadelphia but imagine 76ers fans are pulling their hair out.

Didn't Simmons basically quit on the last team he was on as well? I could almost understand that due to the reasons, even though I still think it's a BS move. I wouldn't want that dude on my team. Hence, why there was no market for him.

Reactions: Cat in ga

What if no one wants to give anything close to value for the punk?

If I was Philly, I'd run with who I have and let him lose a year of his career with no paycheck to show for it.

I'm neutral on Philadelphia but imagine 76ers fans are pulling their hair out.

Oh they want him gone. I mean, this is inexcusable. It's one thing to defend a player who wants out. But the 76ers did a heck of a job putting pieces around him, for him to basically pout, put in ZERO work on his side, and now becoming a monumental locker room cancer who isn't even speaking to his teammates. The last part is the nail... At the very least, you have to have your team's back. Maybe not the coach, or the owner, or even the fans.. but you can't have these exchanges with Embiid.

If I was Philly, I'd run with who I have and let him lose a year of his career with no paycheck to show for it.

IDK. Philly is in a tough way. What organization would want to take Ben Simmons with how he's acting AND his refusal to put in the work?

It looks like that's what Philly is going to do, just keep suspending him, and keep him away from the team. But even that, might be damaging. Part of me wonders if Philly should just se if any team would offer a 2nd round pick, and just take it.. essentially cutting him. You can't have this guy around the team, he's too far gone.

Doesn’t work like that. Once he reported to camp he was guaranteed to get his money whether he plays a game or not.

I would think if a player gets suspended, they won't be paid. Like, if they do something wrong and the league suspends them, they dont get any payment. I think weve heard stories where they say how much a player lost by doing something.

But, IDK if a TEAM can just suspend without pay indefinitely. I would think the player's union would have something to say about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT