ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sounds like 76ers couldn’t dump Simmons

I have Maxey in both of my leagues & I should make the playoffs in both. But, Philly adding the black hole this late is gonna kill Maxey’s numbers & it’s too late to find a decent replacement off the bench. I did pick up Jamal Murray last week but he’s still at least a cpl weeks away & who knows how long it’ll take him to get to his normal level. Hopefully immediately, lol.

Yeah it probably hurts Maxey.. but at the same time, you shouldn't NEED Maxey to carry much of a load for you.

Is it a points league or CAT? How many teams?

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Simmons is a walking/talking turd and the '76'ers are idiots to pay this clown the money that is in his contract. He came into the league not being able to shoot and his shot is still broken. He does not want to play inside and he can't shoot. I hope Philly is stuck with him for the life of this absurd contract. He is one of many, many players in the NBA that are WAY over paid for what they bring to the floor.
Wow.

Maybe they have intel the NYC vaccine mandate getting lifted.
Yeah right.

Yeah it probably hurts Maxey.. but at the same time, you shouldn't NEED Maxey to carry much of a load for you.

Is it a points league or CAT? How many teams?
It’s a points (H2H) league with 12 teams. Maxey is probably my 8th best starter out of 10 on both teams. I’m pretty loaded, honestly, but with the Covid protocols I can’t count on everyone being available for the stretch run & the playoffs. That bs has caused every loss I have. And, if you factor my luck into it, SOMETHING bad is gonna happen, lol.

It’s a points (H2H) league with 12 teams. Maxey is probably my 8th best starter out of 10 on both teams. I’m pretty loaded, honestly, but with the Covid protocols I can’t count on everyone being available for the stretch run & the playoffs. That bs has caused every loss I have. And, if you factor my luck into it, SOMETHING bad is gonna happen, lol.

Ah, so kind of a larger league. Which means there's not a lot available. I had an awful draft this year and even worse injuries, so my team is a mishmash of lesser players. But I was good about figuring out who might have strong finishes to the season and so far, I've been mostly right. Devonte Green and Davion Mitchell have been solid pickups that might still be out there.

Man, I prefer a smaller 8-team over my 10-team league now, because there's really not much out there on the waiver wire.. so I can't imagine what a 12-team is like.

COVID shouldn't be an issue the rest of the way. We're closing in on mid Feb, numbers are plummeting, and the last big NBA outbreak wa almost 6 weeks ago. I think we're mostly past it.

Ben Simmons is a perennial All Star only 25-years-old and one of the most freakish combinations of size and talent ever seen …yet the Sixers had to add in two first round picks, Curry and Drummond just to get someone to take him in exchange for one guy on the backside of his career. And it took months of desperately shopping him to get someone to take that deal. It’s crazy how far that guy’s reputation has fallen.

This trade could end up being a steal for the Nets if Simmons ever gets his head on straight again (and starts playing a different position).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ryanbruner
Ben Simmons is a perennial All Star only 25-years-old and one of the most freakish combinations of size and talent ever seen …yet the Sixers had to add in two first round picks, Curry and Drummond just to get someone to take him in exchange for one guy on the backside of his career. And it took many months of desperately shopping him to get someone to finally take that deal. It’s crazy how far that guy’s reputation has fallen.

This trade could end up being a colossal steal for the Nets if Simmons ever gets his head on straight again (and starts playing a different position).

Not too worried about Simmons from that standpoint. I think he just dug his heels in deep, and was not going to play for the 76ers no matter what. We'll see, but if all the sudden his "mental" issues clear up, then we know this was all a ruse.

Also, not too sure Harden is on the backside quite yet.. I think Philly wants to win now, and they're only 2.5 games back. With Simmons not playing for them anyways, all Philly lost on the current team was Seth and Drummond. They're going all in. If they win a title, it was worth it.. but that remains to be seen.

I'm kind of OK with this trade, for both sides. I think Simmons plays this week or next, he can be the future in Brooklyn, and he's happy (for now).. and Philly was able to get rid of one star for a superstar, and it seems Harden is happy (for now).

Reactions: UK90
Lol its simple....Ben Simmons doesn't play basketball and James Harden is a top 15 player in basketball while barely trying this season. Sixers win the trade.

Also Drummond was an expiring contract....Curry is probably the slowest player in the NBA and is reluctant to shoot. The 2022 first is useless because the Sixers have a chance to win the east and the 2027 first....who cares.

Ah, so kind of a larger league. Which means there's not a lot available. I had an awful draft this year and even worse injuries, so my team is a mishmash of lesser players. But I was good about figuring out who might have strong finishes to the season and so far, I've been mostly right. Devonte Green and Davion Mitchell have been solid pickups that might still be out there.

Man, I prefer a smaller 8-team over my 10-team league now, because there's really not much out there on the waiver wire.. so I can't imagine what a 12-team is like.

COVID shouldn't be an issue the rest of the way. We're closing in on mid Feb, numbers are plummeting, and the last big NBA outbreak wa almost 6 weeks ago. I think we're mostly past it.
Yeah, it’s pretty much slim pickings on the waiver wire. Guys like Bledsoe & Duarte are still out there, though. But, no real difference makers outside of Kawhi & guys like him who MIGHT be back this season. Simmons was drafted & stashed all season in both of my leagues.

See, I like the bigger leagues better bc of the depth & difficulty. It sucks in times like these when you might need a replacement, though. In one league my freaking auto pilot started itself mid draft & I couldn’t turn it off. I’d hit the button to go back to manual but it would immediately flash back to auto. It made 4-5 picks, in the middle rounds where I usually bank on getting my separation.

And, they’re (CBS) stingy on position eligibility. No player is eligible at more than one position. I drafted Bam in the 2nd round thinking he’d be a F/C but he’s a C only. Totally screwed my strategy. But, that makes it a little tougher to find quality replacements, too. Especially forwards. There’s not one starter level forward available in either league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT