ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Charlie Hustle

24 years playing career and i don’t think he was ever on the injured list. think about all the players nowadays who have to sit out because of “soreness” or “stiffness.”

Reactions: littlecreek
Pete Rose was a hell of a ball player. One of the best ever.

BUT, Pete broke the cardinal rule of baseball. He then lied about it, and for years made a financial gain off his lies. Then a couple decades later he decided to come clean (probably for the attention). Had he come clean from day 1, it may have been a different outcome. I love Pete Rose the player, but he made his own bed. The steroids angle is an apples to oranges comparison.

Reactions: UK90 and chroix
Makes me mad.
Could've had Rose in the hall long time ago.
Kept bullshitting him.
I watched the documentary on Rose on hbo Max not 3 weeks ago.
Got damn shame. Greatest baseball hitter in history died today.
Not 2nd best
not top 10.....
THE GREATEST HITTER OF ALL TIME.
My generation didn't keep you out Pete. I was born in '79. We'd put you in years ago. Old fkers are responsible. Just like for EVERYTHING else in this country. 💯

I wish you the best on your next career you started today. My generation will fix this bullshit for you. I swear it. Just like everything else in this country. It's almost time for Generation X to take over. And we WILL make things right.

We will all see you in time!
The fake media with their fake outrage did it. They are to blame.

Makes me mad.
Could've had Rose in the hall long time ago.
Kept bullshitting him.
I watched the documentary on Rose on hbo Max not 3 weeks ago.
Got damn shame. Greatest baseball hitter in history died today.
Not 2nd best
not top 10.....
THE GREATEST HITTER OF ALL TIME.
My generation didn't keep you out Pete. I was born in '79. We'd put you in years ago. Old fkers are responsible. Just like for EVERYTHING else in this country. 💯

I wish you the best on your next career you started today. My generation will fix this bullshit for you. I swear it. Just like everything else in this country. It's almost time for Generation X to take over. And we WILL make things right.

We will all see you in time!
GOAT, Willie Mays and Ted Williams, might have something to say about that. As for the hall, how do you put a guy in there that bet on games he was managing. Is there any behavior we won't tolerate these days.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
GOAT, Willie Mays and Ted Williams, might have something to say about that. As for the hall, how do you put a guy in there that bet on games he was managing. Is there any behavior we won't tolerate these days.
I'm right there with you. I may be in the minority, but I still put value in things like character and honor. Things like Hall of Fames get diminished if we dilute criteria. Again, hell of a player, but he made his bed, and was unapologetic about it.

Also, if Shoeless Joe was never allowed back, why should Pete?

He was definitely the source of his own issues and got in his own way repeatedly. But I can see putting him in the HOF still. He defined baseball for a decade. That’s hall worthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT