ADVERTISEMENT

OT Reds own Cubbies

They are about as close as you can get to being a good team without being a good team. Fundamentally they are terrible. 3 boneheaded plays in the sixth inning contributed to that 10 run inning by St Louis. And Votto is a terrible first baseman and now his hitting is just average.
You’re exactly right. This is what makes it even more frustrating to watch.

I find myself agreeing with nearly all of your posts. I think you’re nearly brilliant.

They are not getting killed...feel sorry for them. One of my buds is a huge Reds fan and this has him down. They cant catch a break
Run differential in the central:

Cubs +70
Cards +15
Brewers -12
Pirates -59
Reds +28

Only 5 teams have a better differential than the reds.

Run differential in the central:

Cubs +70
Cards +15
Brewers -12
Pirates -59
Reds +28

Only 5 teams have a better differential than the reds.
That’s freaking crazy. Thanks for that stat.

Elvis (Calcat57) was exactly right when he said the Reds are the best worst team in baseball.

Would like to see more playing time for Josh Van Meter going forward. Hasn't been given a legit opportunity to play substantially yet. Put up monster numbers in the minors. Made the AAA All-Star team too. Might have something here.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Iglesias just gives up a go ahead Grand Slam to Tyler Saladino, a guy with a .115 batting average and 1 single home run all season!! LMFAO Followed up by more dumb luck, Cain hits one up the middle and bounces off the 2nd base and gets lost in the Outfield.

Suarez saved our asses from going 10 games under .500 with that 2 run home run. He's too good for this shit hole franchise. Wonder if he'll be pissed away like Votto or traded off eventually.

Last edited:
I don't know. As a Cubs fan, this div is a tallest midget contest this year.

Well cheer up Semper! The cards will be getting Ozuna / Yadi / back and adding to the bullpen. We’ll make sure to win this as comfortable as possible so the central has its king representing as always!!

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Well cheer up Semper! The cards will be getting Ozuna / Yadi / back and adding to the bullpen. We’ll make sure to win this as comfortable as possible so the central has its king representing as always!!
Fairly certain that ,knowing the STL solid savy brass, Yadi will spend the rest of his Card payroll days as an assistant.

...and you can't add to the bullpen. Deadline is over. And neither one of us has a legit farm system, or at least anything for a postseason push.

Fairly certain that ,knowing the STL solid savy brass, Yadi will spend the rest of his Card payroll days as an assistant.

Thing is Weiters is ballin right now and he’s not hurting us behind the plate at all. It’s hard to move this lineup around right now. Carpenter cannot play over Edmon right now. And Ed is 10 times the third baseman of Carp.

But Yadi is the captain and coach on the field. He’s also signed through next season then he’s retiring a card. I want him to get that 10th GG.

Carp should have been let go to free agency last year. That deal is gonna cost us someone.

Once again, Mozeliak is terrible. Ready for ya to move on and get rid of him. Bring Jocketty back

Iglesias just gives up a go ahead Grand Slam to Tyler Saladino, a guy with a .115 batting average and 1 single home run all season!! LMFAO Followed up by more dumb luck, Cain hits one up the middle and bounces off the 2nd base and gets lost in the Outfield.

Suarez saved our asses from going 10 games under .500 with that 2 run home run. He's too good for this shit hole franchise. Wonder if he'll be pissed away like Votto or traded off eventually.
No way in hell the reds trade Suarez. He’s signed and signed very cheap for a few more years. He’s signed through 2024 and is only getting 66 million which he’s worth every penny of it. There is also a club option for 2025 at 15 million. He’s young and has already been an all star. I would like to that the tigers for screwing that up, as well as the marlins giving us Castillo.

No way in hell the reds trade Suarez. He’s signed and signed very cheap for a few more years. He’s signed through 2024 and is only getting 66 million which he’s worth every penny of it. There is also a club option for 2025 at 15 million. He’s young and has already been an all star. I would like to that the tigers for screwing that up, as well as the marlins giving us Castillo.
Please!! Give me a break!! It's Sarcasm dude. But knowing Reds baseball, nothing is impossible. I am aware of his contract situation which would make him quite a desirable asset and could net a big haul back should the Reds do something stupid like trading off their best hitter. You have nonstop given me the rundown on this team as if I am an uninformed fan that does not follow this team. I watch all 162 ball games and spend money every year at the stadium to see this team play. A difference in opinion that does not suck the team's ass doesn't make one an 'uninformed' fan not following the team. You're not the only person on the board that follows the Cincinnati Reds close to heart. I'm an unhappy fan and most of us well invested in this team have every right to be after supporting this team through decades of mediocrity.

Last edited:
Please!! Give me a break!! It's Sarcasm dude. But knowing Reds baseball, nothing is impossible. I am aware of his contract situation which would make him quite a desirable asset and could net a big haul back should the Reds do something stupid like trading off their best hitter. You have nonstop given me the rundown on this team as if I am an uninformed fan that does not follow this team. I watch all 162 ball games and spend money every year at the stadium to see this team play. A difference in opinion that does not suck the team's ass doesn't make one an 'uninformed' fan not following the team. You're not the only person on the board that follows the Cincinnati Reds close to heart. I'm an unhappy fan and most of us well invested in this team have every right to be after supporting this team through decades of mediocrity.
I want coming at you nor did I say you we’re uniformed anywhere. I’m just shooting the shit about our beloved reds

Hopefully cubs can actually win some road games this weekend if cubs would play .500 baseball on the road the division would be clinched.

You know what sucks being a reds fan, being a bengals fan as well. Both starters sucked tonight, but now that it’s 9-5 I’m really pissed off. It ruined the day. We needed to start out this game and take it from the cubs. Bauer has to bring it tomorrow. We need to at least split which would suck but 3 of 4 would be much better

Reactions: kev69
I love the Reds starting pitching staff with Castillo, Bauer, Gray, Wood, and DeSclafani. That is one of the better starting pitching staffs in MLB right now. We now have Acquino hitting like he did in Louisville going for 28 homers in 78 games. We need to win the next 2 games with Gray and Castillo starting the next 2 games. That would put us 5 games behind and 4 games behind in the loss column. We also have a nice schedule ahead with 9 out of 12 at home and then we play Miami and Pirates for 7 games on road and St. Louis 4 on the road and they are struggling. The Reds just need to keep winning with this outstanding starting pitching and hope Bell can come up with a Reliable bullpen to finish the games. We still have a chance in both the Division and Wild Card.

Bauer was filthy tonight. Gray and Castillo have to get the same effort the next two days. We need 3 out of 4 from the cubs. Only 4.5 out from the wildcard

I love the Reds starting pitching staff with Castillo, Bauer, Gray, Wood, and DeSclafani. That is one of the better starting pitching staffs in MLB right now. We now have Acquino hitting like he did in Louisville going for 28 homers in 78 games. We need to win the next 2 games with Gray and Castillo starting the next 2 games. That would put us 5 games behind and 4 games behind in the loss column. We also have a nice schedule ahead with 9 out of 12 at home and then we play Miami and Pirates for 7 games on road and St. Louis 4 on the road and they are struggling. The Reds just need to keep winning with this outstanding starting pitching and hope Bell can come up with a Reliable bullpen to finish the games. We still have a chance in both the Division and Wild Card.
I know the reds are better but winning the division is insane maybe a wildcard lol.

The reds choked again thanks Lorenzen. There is zero excuse for losing today. Castillo pitches well and our shitty bullpen screws it up again. Garrett is the only one in there worth a damn

The reds choked again thanks Lorenzen. There is zero excuse for losing today. Castillo pitches well and our shitty bullpen screws it up again. Garrett is the only one in there worth a damn

But he also gave up a HR

The bullpen has hurt the Reds this year especially since the All-Star Break. I would have left Castillo in there in the 7th to finish the Inning. The one hit back to the pitcher for an infield single with 2 outs killed us today and then bringing in Lorenzen to give up the 3 run homer was the killer. I would have left Castillo in the 7th to finish the inning and try to get out of the 7th leading 3-2. The starting pitchers with Bauer, Castillo, Gray, Wood, and Desclafani have been pitching well but the bullpen has to step it up and come in and close out the last 2-3 innings. The bullpen has been horrible since around the All-Star Break. I agree that Garrett is one reliever that most of the time you can rely on but the rest of the bullpen. I agree there is no way we should have lost that game today.

Despite having two on, Castillo should have been given the chance to finish that inning. I have to think he would have dug down and got that last out. Lorenzen needs about a week or two off.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Despite having two on, Castillo should have been given the chance to finish that inning. I have to think he would have dug down and got that last out. Lorenzen needs about a week or two off.
Lorenzen could use two weeks off. He’s been struggling lately. We needed that game yesterday bad

The bullpen has hurt the Reds this year especially since the All-Star Break. I would have left Castillo in there in the 7th to finish the Inning. The one hit back to the pitcher for an infield single with 2 outs killed us today and then bringing in Lorenzen to give up the 3 run homer was the killer. I would have left Castillo in the 7th to finish the inning and try to get out of the 7th leading 3-2. The starting pitchers with Bauer, Castillo, Gray, Wood, and Desclafani have been pitching well but the bullpen has to step it up and come in and close out the last 2-3 innings. The bullpen has been horrible since around the All-Star Break. I agree that Garrett is one reliever that most of the time you can rely on but the rest of the bullpen. I agree there is no way we should have lost that game today.
The Bullpen was overused in the first half of the season because Bell wouldn't let a starter go past 6 innings regardless of how they were pitching. If he would have given the starters more leeway and allowed them to pitch into the 7th more often, the Bullpen might not be so taxed.

The Bullpen was overused in the first half of the season because Bell wouldn't let a starter go past 6 innings regardless of how they were pitching. If he would have given the starters more leeway and allowed them to pitch into the 7th more often, the Bullpen might not be so taxed.
I think Gausman could turn into a heck of a steal. Garrett is the only player in the bullpen I trust. The reds need to find some major bullpen help in the off season. Ownership has to go all in and make an attempt to resign wood. Get some bullpen help and if they can upgrade a power bat they need to do it. But they would have to give up someone like Winker to do it. But they could definitely use another good start and major bullpen help

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT