ADVERTISEMENT

OT Reds own Cubbies

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Cincy now 7-3 v first place Chicago after 6-3 must win triumph tonight in Wrigley.

Fly the L boys!

Easily biggest win of the year for Reds as it cuts Cubs lead on them to 5.5 instead of 7.5 had they lost.

Castillo gets the W and is now 9-3 with a 2.41 era.

Reds have never had a Cy winner.

That might change in a few months.

Obviously LAs Ryu is in the drivers seat but he better not screw the pooch in the 2nd half.

Reds also within 3.5 of 2nd WC.

Cincinnati will be buying this year guys.

Aint it grand?

[smoke]

Last edited:
Reactions: TFCats11
Cincy now 7-3 v first place Chicago after 6-3 triumph tonight in Wrigley.

Fly the L boys!

Easily biggest win of the year for Reds as it cuts Cubs lead on them to 5.5 instead of 7.5 had they lost.

Obviously LAs Rye is in the drivers seat but he better not screw the pooch in the 2nd half.

Aint it grand?

[smoke]
All is fair in love and war, however, at the end of the day, the Reds will fold like always. At least, in the near future.

tenor.gif

I love your enthusiasm kwilt, as I am a huge reds fan also, but owning the cubs when we’re 5.5 out of it doesn’t mean anything unless that’s the only team we played the rest of the year. Grey, Castillo, and Roark need help badly. We need to see what Alex wood is capable of. If anything the reds can resign him dirt cheap if he comes back and at least looks decent. The revolving door as the 5 starter is killing us, and desclafani is wildly inconsistent. We are in dire need of a starting pitcher and a few decent relievers, not named Hernandez. If the reds are buyers, and being only 5,5 out, they need to trade some pieces to get that help. You can’t give up a 28 yr old in double a and expect to get something. I know it’s a long shot but I would love to see them sign puig, because he puts butt’s in the stands. If not, they need to trade him for some guys that art ready to pitch now.

Doesn’t matter. Everyone is chasing the cardinals. The Cubs won’t last, never do. The Reds are more concerned with talking sht than playing baseball. Never understood UK fans supporting the reds. They are much more like Louisville in the way they manage their organization. Western Ky has it right.

Doesn’t matter. Everyone is chasing the cardinals. The Cubs won’t last, never do. The Reds are more concerned with talking sht than playing baseball. Never understood UK fans supporting the reds. They are much more like Louisville in the way they manage their organization. Western Ky has it right.
I'll do ya one further and say it doesn't matter cause nobody is beating the Dodgers.

Reactions: morgousky
Next year the Cardinals fire Mozeliak and Shildt mid season. Then we come back for our 12th World Series title while everyone hates.

You can’t kill us. And you know it. All of you. [cheers]

Cardinals - 11 World Series.

Kentucky - 8 national titles.

Blues - 2 Stanley Cups.

I’m running out of fingers and toes.

I just have to ask. And I know some of you are going to kill me.

How TF do you make fun of Louisville while supporting a bush league team like the Reds? Dusty Baker? Brandon Phillips? Puig? My God it’s the worst trash in all of sports. Ran like a prison.

I think the Reds have had more on field brawls than anyone of the last 25 years. They lose, then fight, then fight each other, then talk sht, then lose, then act like a bunch of felons, then lose.

I mean Baker is the least liked manager in all of sports. People absolutely hate the guy. And of course the Reds went all in. (Bell is a nice change for once)

Worst day of my life was watching Ken Griffey Jr destroy his career by linking himself with that terrible organization. He never fully recovered from it either.

Sorry had to. Forgive me. But not sorry.

STL and Ky have so much in common. Respectable organizations. The best at what they do. Ozzie Smith, Stan Musial, Pujols, Mike Shannon, Joe Torre, Jack Buck, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, and on and on. It’s the best tradition in the national league and half of Ky is their land.

Jump off that rotten ship and come home. You’re blowing it and it’s right there for you!!

Last edited:
2016 says hi.

It's the cubs division to lose if they dont get their ahit together and stop losing to a terrible team like the reds. They have a bunch of games that could open up a big lead in the central, as far as reds in the wild card no way.

Some of my thoughts:

* Junior ruined his career by leaving that bat on his shoulder. I've never seen a guy take strike three with the bat on the shoulder, than that guy

* Baker won games with the Reds, but they pooped the bed in the playoffs

* Bottom is a shell of his former self. 15 homer guy, more like Sean Casey

* Roark needs to worry about himself, he isn't exactly getting it done

* Lorenzen has sexy arms, it's fun watching him rub down balls. He'd make a great massage therapist

* Scooter needs more time in the minors

* Castillo is legit, but can any guy on this staff throw 9 innings

* Bell was a great hire. They have an abysmal offense and he has kept them in it

* They're not winning a wild card, too many teams ahead, so they better win the division

* Suarez and Ervin need to hit the treadmill

2016 says hi.

Yea I don’t play cut off dates and in baseball the door cycles a lot. The one constant in baseball through generations is the Yankees and the Cardinals. You can’t kill them off and never will. I would expect a little down time after our run from the late 90’s through 2015. And even when we’re down, we’re right there in the playoff hunt.

11 World Series titles and our tradition / fan support through 6 states speaks for itself. Cincinnati doesn’t even have fan support outside of a small local area and I don’t know why so many Kentucky fans support them.

However, a friend on this board gave me great seats to the reds cardinals series last year and I had a blast. It’s not Busch, but it was nice.

If you grew up with them I get it. It’s hard to look past that. I grew up going to STL every year so I’m as passionate about them as I am UK. I just hate it that so many UK fans support the Reds and miss it. And for the life of me I can’t see how they can bash Louisville and turn around and support Louisville’s equal in baseball.

Yea I don’t play cut off dates and in baseball the door cycles a lot. The one constant in baseball through generations is the Yankees and the Cardinals. You can’t kill them off and never will. I would expect a little down time after our run from the late 90’s through 2015. And even when we’re down, we’re right there in the playoff hunt.

11 World Series titles and our tradition / fan support through 6 states speaks for itself. Cincinnati doesn’t even have fan support outside of a small local area and I don’t know why so many Kentucky fans support them.

However, a friend on this board gave me great seats to the reds cardinals series last year and I had a blast. It’s not Busch, but it was nice.

If you grew up with them I get it. It’s hard to look past that. I grew up going to STL every year so I’m as passionate about them as I am UK. I just hate it that so many UK fans support the Reds and miss it. And for the life of me I can’t see how they can bash Louisville and turn around and support Louisville’s equal in baseball.
I hate the reds. A cubs fan since I was 8 years old and got picked to be on their little league team. Having wgn just pushed me more towards them. Growing up and even now I know more braves fans than reds fans. St. Louis if top 5 franchises historically. I won't argue that.
The reds sell out opening day, cubs series, cardinals series, maybe braves and if they play Cleveland or Yankees. That's it

National league: cardinals dodgers giants.

American League: Yankees sox A's.

I hate the reds. A cubs fan since I was 8 years old and got picked to be on their little league team. Having wgn just pushed me more towards them. Growing up and even now I know more braves fans than reds fans. St. Louis if top 5 franchises historically. I won't argue that.
The reds sell out opening day, cubs series, cardinals series, maybe braves and if they play Cleveland or Yankees. That's it

National league: cardinals dodgers giants.

American League: Yankees sox A's.

top 5? Eehh There’s only one organization better than STL, Yankees. I mean it’s statistical fact, and STL is the only organization with this amount of success that hasn’t cashed checks to try and make it happen.

Watched a lot of Cubs growing up. I know it’s a rival but I never minded them much. Not sure if it’s because I always respected Grace, Sandburg, Sosa ect or because they weren’t really a threat. I was there when McGwire hit the record, still remember Grace and him hugging it out.

Starting to not respect the cubs as much these days. Big sht talkers, not my thing. Just play, have respect. Not a fan of the media creating loveable losers simply because they’re big market and suck and they need something to write about.

Now growing up I knew a ton of Braves fans in Tennessee. It was the 90’s. STL still has the biggest following in the national league by far. The caravan touches 6 states. Has a lot to do with KMOX broadcasting through those states before TV. And most of the Braves fans I knew are now cardinal fans.

But I’ll never hate the cubs like I do the Braves. I hope they continue to rot and fall apart. And I don’t hate the reds, I just think they’re a bush league team that’s always terrible and they deserve to lose.

top 5? Eehh There’s only one organization better than STL, Yankees. I mean it’s statistical fact, and STL is the only organization with this amount of success that hasn’t cashed checks to try and make it happen.

Watched a lot of Cubs growing up. I know it’s a rival but I never minded them much. Not sure if it’s because I always respected Grace, Sandburg, Sosa ect or because they weren’t really a threat. I was there when McGwire hit the record, still remember Grace and him hugging it out.

Starting to not respect the cubs as much these days. Big sht talkers, not my thing. Just play, have respect. Not a fan of the media creating loveable losers simply because they’re big market and suck and they need something to write about.

Now growing up I knew a ton of Braves fans in Tennessee. It was the 90’s. STL still has the biggest following in the national league by far. The caravan touches 6 states. Has a lot to do with KMOX broadcasting through those states before TV. And most of the Braves fans I knew are now cardinal fans.

But I’ll never hate the cubs like I do the Braves. I hope they continue to rot and fall apart. And I don’t hate the reds, I just think they’re a bush league team that’s always terrible and they deserve to lose.
Ok I can't argue about that. My order

Yankees
Cardinals
Sox
Oakland/giants
Cubs

I include more than championships. Home fan support, road team following, stadium history. The way St. Louis treated Albert P when the angles played there tell you all you need to know. Pure class.

Reactions: morgousky
Cards lose again.

Mozeliak is on his last leg. Made terrible moves to acquire Dexter Fowler, letting go of Grichuk and Piscotty for nothing, hiring Shildt, letting go of Holiday way too soon, and refusing a rebuild, not to mention countless other mistakes like hiring Matheny over Francona. He’s a control freak who stabbed Jocketty in the back to reach his level. Chris Carpenter should have been named pitching coach. His pitching coaches since Duncan have ruined our arms, including Hicks who never changed his delivery. Also resigning Carpenter was a fatal mistake, not naming Jerko an everyday player, and signing Mikolas to a 70 million dollar deal over 1 good season and wins in Japan.

All of his moves were made for control, that’s why Shiltd is there in the first place.

The DeWitts are always quiet, then pull the plug. He’s got to go. I’d expect a total shakeup if we miss the playoffs this year. Somewhere mid season next year.

Now that Mozeliak is running scared he’s trying to deal Martinez and get something done before the deadline. Not gonna happen. This is the show he created and the DeWitts aren’t going to allow him to change course too much. He demanded his way, he got it.

Grisch and Mozeliak are just about over. And it cannot happen fast enough.

Bullpen is wore the hell out. Hernandez on the IL with a fatigued shoulder. Garrett on the IL. Finally doing what I called for several weeks ago now recalling Lucas Sims using him out of the bullpen. Never thought there'd be a scenario in which I'd beg to have Tucker Barnhart back as much as I do now as we're down to 4th and 5th string catchers. Realistically though, Barnhart offers nothing more offensively than Graterol and Lavarnway. Just a game manager behind the plate. Figured as much Scooter would still be working his way back into game shape.

Reactions: kev69
Cincy now 7-3 v first place Chicago after 6-3 must win triumph tonight in Wrigley.

Fly the L boys!

Obviously LAs Ryu is in the drivers seat but he better not screw the pooch in the 2nd half.

Aint it grand?

[smoke]
Bro you jinxed them

The Reds just effin suck.
They are about as close as you can get to being a good team without being a good team. Fundamentally they are terrible. 3 boneheaded plays in the sixth inning contributed to that 10 run inning by St Louis. And Votto is a terrible first baseman and now his hitting is just average.

Reactions: kev69
They are not getting killed...feel sorry for them. One of my buds is a huge Reds fan and this has him down. They cant catch a break
I’m a huge Reds fan also. It makes me sad that they’re so bad.

3-0 lead Thursday that they piss away. 7-0 lead Friday they piss away.

I love baseball, I really do, but it’s just not much fun watching them.

ADVERTISEMENT