ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayers Please

bbncal02

All-American
Nov 14, 2017
Hopkinsville
My job hunt continues to get back into my field. I do have something thats paying the bills but the schedule sucks and it’s messed with my stress and sleep for sure. My anxiety has come back 10 fold and I e felt really isolated lately. I know it’s just a message board but I’ve know a lot of you guys awhile now and for the most part feel safe just talking here.

The stress has really gotten to me and I’m just worn out mentally. The last month has just sucked. You name it it’s gone off the rails. Just could use some positive thoughts and prayers from my basketball pals and brethren.

Thanks y’all.

Last edited:
Prayers brother hopefully you find what you’re looking for always light at the end of the tunnel. Like the previous poster said a lot of people know people on here so by letting your profession known people might be able to help you out.

My job hunt continues to get back into my field. I do have something thats paying the bills but the schedule sucks and it’s messed with my stress and sleep for sure. My anxiety has come back 10 fold and I e felt really isolated lately. I know it’s just a message board but I’ve know a lot of you guys awhile now and for the most part feel safe just talking here.

The stress has really gotten to me and I’m just worn out mentally. The last month has just sucked. You name it it’s gone off the rails. Just could use some positive thoughts and prayers from my basketball pals and brethren.

Thanks y’all.
Prayers for you my friend, I don’t know about your history but go to your doctor. Get some Xanax or kolonopin for bad anxiety. Even Paxil will help your mood and keep you positive. One day here soon you will get a good job again, just take it day by day.

Reactions: ukfan1622

Thanks y’all.
I know about the struggle with anxiety all too well. I deal with OCD. You’ll make it through this brother.

I know *exactly* what you're going through. My husband and I really want to get back into what were doing not too long ago, and are currently stuck doing some of the most mundane work we've ever experienced doing: PACKING PARTS. I literally can not see myself doing this for long. As I told my husband, this gives us a "story" when looking for other work. Not just a story of "I NADE A JAWB".

Prayers - the job market is atrocious right now. Just try to keep going until something else opens up.

Speaking from experience my advice is to do constructive things with the extra time and don't give up. I was layed off after 30 years by a technology company and it took me a year to land a new one i wanted. Luckily I had a very supportive wife to lean on, so if you have a support system use it. I did even more cooking and cleaning around the house so wifey was happy. I studied my trade even harder, took online courses and attained new certifications, so keep improving your knowledge. You'll get your next good opportunity so be ready for it. My new company found me on LinkedIn, I had not even applied to them prior to that call. Many of us have been where you are, there is a brighter future coming for you. Keep busy, exercise, lean on faith an family, and be ready for that call or email that is a door opening.

Reactions: bbncal02

Thanks y’all.
Lord Jesus, I ask for peace for my brother. Let him know you have his back and all is in your timing and plans..Comfort him in his anxiety and stress and let your plans be made open to him and his fsamily.

In Christ's name we pray, AMEM..

Thanks y’all.
You got it my friend. May the Lord comfort you in your time of need.

Thanks y’all.
Stress can tear a person apart so know what you're talking about. Will be praying for you to get that job and back on track. No need to apologize for asking for prayer at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT