ADVERTISEMENT

OT-PGA Tour

The traffic was stopped because of a pedestrian FATALITY. The police were working that scene and trying to control traffic around where a damn dead body was lying.
The dumbass golfer guy thought he was above it all and headed for the grass median to drive around it all. A cop tried to stop him and was trying to get him to stop but he ignored it all and thought he'd just zip thru the traffic regardless. He was thinking it was a traffic issue not knowing it was a dead body issue.
Regardless...he thought the rules didn't apply to him and injured a cop with his wreckless driving.
Good for the police in Louisville for not kissing ass and treating everyone the same.
And golfers were instructed to use the median to gain entrance into the course and two other cars in front of him were allowed to proceed. This dumbass cop however decided Scottie’s car wasn’t getting through and dressed like a freaking canary bird started screaming and yelling at a car going 5 mph to stop and escalated a non situation into something that should have never been. The dumbass cop didn’t get injured, gimme a break, he ripped his pants being a dumbass. Forget suspended and just can his ass if he calls what happened today an assault. Embarrassingly bad look on this stupid ass city.

And golfers were instructed to use the median to gain entrance into the course and two other cars in front of him were allowed to proceed. This dumbass cop however decided Scottie’s car wasn’t getting through and dressed like a freaking canary bird started screaming and yelling at a car going 5 mph to stop and escalated a non situation into something that should have never been. The dumbass cop didn’t get injured, gimme a break, he ripped his pants being a dumbass. Forget suspended and just can his ass if he calls what happened today an assault. Embarrassingly bad look on this stupid ass city.
You sound a lot like those justifying the BLM and Jan 6th riots. Always blaming the cop and not the criminal. Call Doordash next time you need a cop.
Betcha Goofy Golf stops next time they tell him to.

The PGA is selling the course after this tournament was the last I heard. This cop didn't do the city any favors, but Valhalla was probably already finished with major events..

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
You sound a lot like those justifying the BLM and Jan 6th riots. Always blaming the cop and not the criminal. Call Doordash next time you need a cop.
Outside of the state police, most of the city and county police have very little criteria to be hired outside of a high school diploma. If they are willing to spend a few weeks at the academy they will probably get a job regardless of whether they are capable of doing a quality job or not..Spend a few years in the military and that qualifies you for the state police regardless whether you are competent enough to do the job. This guy placed a black eye on the state. Reports are that other people took the same route he did with no consequences. A reprimand was fine, but taking the guy to jail was a little excessive. Those cars are exclusive to the players and apparently that guy couldn't figure out that he needed access to the course and those people are bringing millions of dollars to the local economy. The poor guy was already dead and letting a guy into the course that needed to be there wasn't going to change that fact .

What I have seen, looks like another case of a celebrity thinking rules and laws don't matter to them.

It's common sense not to go around a police roadblock and ignore an officers directions to stop
That is not what is coming out. Many golfers had been told to do that and got tru. Scotty just ran into an asshole wanting to throw his weight around. Scotty Is pure class .

Louisville cops are known bullies and were proven to be so when the feds investigated . Nothings changed . I guess the good news is they are equal opportunity. They bully white guys as well as throwing cokes on black guys for fun.

I’m a staunch conservative so that should tell you where I stand on BLM and Jan 6. I also support police work but this was just as as stupid as stupid can be. Have seen many former members of LMPD speaking out about how bad this whole situation was mishandled. That one cop seemed so proud of himself telling the espn reporter that he was going to jail and nothing he could do about it.

I’m a staunch conservative so that should tell you where I stand on BLM and Jan 6. I also support police work but this was just as as stupid as stupid can be. Have seen many former members of LMPD speaking out about how bad this whole situation was mishandled. That one cop seemed so proud of himself telling the espn reporter that he was going to jail and nothing he could do about it.
He told him that because the ESPN reporter was probably name dropping the suspect and so he told the reporter "He's going to jail and there's nothing they can do about it" because another cop was on the way to the hospital with injuries. There was no going back once the cop was hurt by the driver.

Outside of the state police, most of the city and county police have very little criteria to be hired outside of a high school diploma. If they are willing to spend a few weeks at the academy they will probably get a job regardless of whether they are capable of doing a quality job or not..Spend a few years in the military and that qualifies you for the state police regardless whether you are competent enough to do the job. This guy placed a black eye on the state. Reports are that other people took the same route he did with no consequences. A reprimand was fine, but taking the guy to jail was a little excessive. Those cars are exclusive to the players and apparently that guy couldn't figure out that he needed access to the course and those people are bringing millions of dollars to the local economy. The poor guy was already dead and letting a guy into the course that needed to be there wasn't going to change that fact .
Should the police have handled it differently? I'll let the facts play out before making that judgement.
Should Sheffler had handled it differently? That's a given based on what we already know.
There is strict protocal when there is a dead body involved. This wasn't just a traffic bottleneck.
Sheffler didn't know that which is most likely why he was blowing past cops thinking it was no biggie.
Once a cop was injured by that action, he was in hot water.

I agree it is crazy but when someone is obviously not a threat they shouldn’t treat them like one and many do. Some are just crooked and shouldn’t even be cops too.
That’s the whole thing to me. Clearly there was no threat. Clearly there was no intent to be criminal. The situation was abnormal, it was dark, it was raining, the guy was obviously confused and apologetic. Cops let certain things go all the time - as they probably should - and this should have been one of them.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That’s the whole thing to me. Clearly there was no threat. Clearly there was no intent to be criminal. The situation was abnormal, it was dark, it was raining, the guy was obviously confused and apologetic. Cops let certain things go all the time - as they probably should - and this should have been one of them.
Agreed especially when he is obviously in a championship car they were directing inside the course!

You all do realize @sambowieshin is just trolling you, right?
Not trolling. Just sick of our society bashing cops. This is why they can't find anyone to do the job anymore. This thread is a perfect example.
Made me sick watching cops attacked during the BLM riots.
Made me sick watching cops attacked during the Jan 6th riot.
The white privilege crowd thinks they are above the law.
The black oppression crowd thinks they are above the law.
The cops get no respect from either segment of society.
It is a tough job that deserves way more respect than it gets.

Not trolling. Just sick of our society bashing cops. This is why they can't find anyone to do the job anymore. This thread is a perfect example.
Made me sick watching cops attacked during the BLM riots.
Made me sick watching cops attacked during the Jan 6th riot.
The white privilege crowd thinks they are above the law.
The black oppression crowd thinks they are above the law.
The cops get no respect from either segment of society.
It is a tough job that deserves way more respect than it gets.
Sure seems like trolling when you're just making up facts to fit your argument.

Why are cops above reproach in your view?

Cops are often in the wrong and deserve to be criticized for it just like anyone else. They aren't forced into that career, and if it's too hard or stressful for them, they should find another career.

The cop was in the wrong and the charges will be dropped. The cop wasn't hurt aside from his ego and "pants". He could have simply writtenna citation if it rose to that level. Instead, he chose to embarrass himself, the LMP, City of Louisville, Valhalla and Scheffler.

Cops shouldn't simply be respected, trusted or put above criticism just because they chose a career path. They have to earn that respect and trust from citizens.

So many on here are buttressing their case with hearsay that maybe never happened, such as saying that other cars were doing the same thing Scottie did, pull out into the opposite lane to get around the mile long traffic jam. According to a police report, Scheffler was in an eastbound lane and pulled into the westbound lanes, where a uniformed detective was standing. The detective stopped Scheffler and attempted to give him instructions, but Scheffler "refused to comply and accelerated forward," according to the report.

• Haha
Once a cop was injured by that action, he was in hot water.
"Injured". The cop was a dumb ass who threw himself onto a slowly moving car. No one is to blame for his injury but himself. It's not like Scheffler sped up to purposely injure the cop once the cop jumped on the car.

Cops jump on cars all the time and then add bullshit charges like attempted murder and assault. They do it so often you can only think it's done on purpose at this point to charge people with serious felonies to flex their muscle. It's all bullshit.

So many on here are buttressing their case with hearsay that maybe never happened, such as saying that other cars were doing the same thing Scottie did, pull out into the opposite lane to get around the mile long traffic jam. According to a police report, Scheffler was in an eastbound lane and pulled into the westbound lanes, where a uniformed detective was standing. The detective stopped Scheffler and attempted to give him instructions, but Scheffler "refused to comply and accelerated forward," according to the report.
There are very few things less reliable than a police report. They are written by cops to make cops look good. The police report has been contradicted by eyewitnesses who saw the entire exchange.

The cops are all wearing raincoats, just like event security. It was dark, blue lights flashing. It's not impossible that he didn't know it was an officer, like he has said.
I suspect we are going to find out that Barney Fife was not giving clear instruction and Scheaffer was unsure of where he was being directed. Happened to me several years ago. Cop chased me down and let me go because he knew he had fked up.

"Injured". The cop was a dumb ass who threw himself onto a slowly moving car. No one is to blame for his injury but himself. It's not like Scheffler sped up to purposely injure the cop once the cop jumped on the car.

Cops jump on cars all the time and then add bullshit charges like attempted murder and assault. They do it so often you can only think it's done on purpose at this point to charge people with serious felonies to flex their muscle. It's all bullshit.
OK Rev Al.
Ok Trump.
Blame the cop....not the dude driving in the grassy median of a fatality investigation.
BLM riots were all peaceful. 🤡
Jan 6th was just sightseers. 🤡
Wonder why crime is out of control in America?
Wonder why kids today think they don't have to listen to cops or teachers?
Everyone runs to Amazon now to buy mugshot tshirts.
Want answers to those questions...Take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Sure seems like trolling when you're just making up facts to fit your argument.

Why are cops above reproach in your view?

Cops are often in the wrong and deserve to be criticized for it just like anyone else. They aren't forced into that career, and if it's too hard or stressful for them, they should find another career.

The cop was in the wrong and the charges will be dropped. The cop wasn't hurt aside from his ego and "pants". He could have simply writtenna citation if it rose to that level. Instead, he chose to embarrass himself, the LMP, City of Louisville, Valhalla and Scheffler.

Cops shouldn't simply be respected, trusted or put above criticism just because they chose a career path. They have to earn that respect and trust from citizens.
I agree about the fact that cops need to be questioned and held to account. But that is not the message on 90 percent of these posts. It is automatically calling out the cop. Let the facts play out before vilifying either one.
Surprise, surprise....No bodycam footage. The city will sweep this under the rug as fast as they can.

I agree about the fact that cops need to be questioned and held to account. But that is not the message on 90 percent of these posts. It is automatically calling out the cop. Let the facts play out before vilifying either one.
Surprise, surprise....No bodycam footage. The city will sweep this under the rug as fast as they can.

The facts are out. There were several witnesses watching it unfold. ESPN had reporters just a few feet away.

Most everything you've alleged isn't even accurate, or really even close to accurate.

Anyone that doesn't have their heads shoved up law enforcements rear can see the cop was in the wrong here. All he managed to do was embarrass himself and Louisville.

No you’re wrong. The death occurred at 5am when was the SS incident. Around 6 something. It was ass hole police nothing more.
Do you think they wrap up at a play fatality investigation just that quick?

The facts are out. There were several witnesses watching it unfold. ESPN had reporters just a few feet away.

Most everything you've alleged isn't even accurate, or really even close to accurate.

Anyone that doesn't have their heads shoved up law enforcements rear can see the cop was in the wrong here. All he managed to do was embarrass himself and Louisville.
The facts are not out. There is no body cam footage. All we have are police statements, a few eyewitness accounts that don't actually dispute the police account and Sheffler admitting to a "misunderstanding".
Please cite your source for saying the cop is lying and your "facts".

Last edited:

Jeez every one starts to make up there own facts, , I just went and watched video of the ESPN eye witness reporter, all he said was that he was in the backed up car lane, Scottie pulled out and went around him, the cop told scottie to stop, scottie didn't stop, the cop attached himself to scottie's car and Scott drove 10 or fifteen yards more. he says the cop didn't know Scottie was a golfer. Scottie did not get out of his vehicle right away when asked. WHAT WITNESS DOESN:T say is there were other cars doing the same thing. or that the golf course had told the golfers to do that maneuver. Both those things I believe are hearsay. Just like in Lexington everyone said the dead school kid broke up a fight in a bathroom before he died, and that never happened. People are crazy gossips.

Somebody please pull Mr. Stratford off that guy; it's such a mismatch.

Look at Mr. Stratford's cute little Mini Me coming to his defense.
ugDJ1q.gif

The facts are not out. There is no body cam footage. All we have are police statements, a few eyewitness accounts that don't actually dispute the police account and Sheffler admitting to a "misunderstanding".
Please cite your source for saying the cop is lying and your "facts".
Lol, of course they are. They have been out since yesterday. Just go read the numerous reports.

What witness statements don't dispute the polive report? Please cite your source for saying there is a dispute and your "facts".

Sheffler said their was a misunderstanding, he didn't admit it was his fault. Considering he also said he felt it would be resolved fairly quickly. That seems to insinuate he doesn't feel he was in the wrong.

ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington said Friday morning that he saw Scheffler "detained by police officers, placed in the back of a police vehicle in handcuffs after he tried to pull around what he believed to be security."

"When he didn't stop, the police officer attached himself to the vehicle. Scheffler then traveled another 10 yards before stopping the car," Darlington said on ESPN's "SportsCenter."

"The police officer then grabbed at his arm, attempting to pull him out of the car, before Scheffler eventually opened the door at which point the police officer pulled Scheffler out of the car, pushed him up against the car and immediately placed him in handcuffs," Darlington said.

Also:

"multiple eyewitnesses have confirmed that he did not do anything wrong but was simply proceeding as directed."

"He stopped immediately upon being directed to and never at any point assaulted any officer with his vehicle," according to Romines.

Last edited:
Lol, of course they are. They have been out since yesterday. Just go read the numerous reports.

What witness statements don't dispute the polive report? Please cite your source for saying their is a dispute and your "facts".

Sheffler said their was a misunderstanding, he didn't admit it was his fault. Considering he also said he felt it would be resolved fairly quickly. That seems to insinuate he doesn't feel he was in the wrong.

ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington said Friday morning that he saw Scheffler "detained by police officers, placed in the back of a police vehicle in handcuffs after he tried to pull around what he believed to be security."

"When he didn't stop, the police officer attached himself to the vehicle. Scheffler then traveled another 10 yards before stopping the car," Darlington said on ESPN's "SportsCenter."

"The police officer then grabbed at his arm, attempting to pull him out of the car, before Scheffler eventually opened the door at which point the police officer pulled Scheffler out of the car, pushed him up against the car and immediately placed him in handcuffs," Darlington said.

Also:

"multiple eyewitnesses have confirmed that he did not do anything wrong but was simply proceeding as directed."

"He stopped immediately upon being directed to and never at any point assaulted any officer with his vehicle," according to Romines.

Your own quote disputes your "facts".
He refused to stop and drug a cop 10 yards that was attached to the car according to your "facts".
Would you be defending that if he was a nobody who got sick of waiting in traffic and decided to bust thru a fatality crash scene?? Doubt it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr. Stratford
You aren't wrong but do you know why the talent pool for cops has gotten so shallow? Look no further than this thread for that answer.
Cops are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They work every day with their lives on the line for very little money and can end up on the news at any second when making split second life or death decisions.
Our society has made being a cop almost an impossible job. That's why they will hire any warm body off the street now. It wasn't always that way in larger cities like Louisville.
Same goes for what our dumbass society has done to its teachers and the resulting drop in quality applicants for that career, but that's a whole nother can of worms.

Your own quote disputes your "facts".
He refused to stop and drug a cop 10 yards that was attached to the car according to your "facts".
Would you be defending that if he was a nobody who got sick of waiting in traffic and decided to bust thru a fatality crash scene?? Doubt it.
He didn't refuse to stop or drag a police officer.
If you're driving down the rd and jump onto your car, are you dragging me?

He followed the instructions given to him by the tour and followed other cars in front of him. If you actually bothered to read and listen to the reports, you would know the officer wasn't even familiar with what was suppsed to be going on.

Also, as his been reported, Scheffler didn't know they were police and others have confirmed they looked like event workers.

Lol, he didn't bolt through a scene. That was further down. Again, maybe learn what you're talking about if you want people to take you seriously.

Are you going to post those alleged disputed reports you've read?

He didn't refuse to stop or drag a police officer.
If you're driving down the rd and jump onto your car, are you dragging me?

He followed the instructions given to him by the tour and followed other cars in front of him. If you actually bothered to read and listen to the reports, you would know the officer wasn't even familiar with what was suppsed to be going on.

Also, as his been reported, Scheffler didn't know they were police and others have confirmed they looked like event workers.

Lol, he didn't bolt through a scene. That was further down. Again, maybe learn what you're talking about if you want people to take you seriously.

Are you going to post those alleged disputed reports you've read?
The details will all be available at some point. Sadly, the end result of all of this will most likely be the end of PGA events in Louisville thanks to the bizarre event.
The parking/pedestrian situation was obviously not well thought out regardless of what transpired with the cops and Sheffler.

The details will all be available at some point. Sadly, the end result of all of this will most likely be the end of PGA events in Louisville thanks to the bizarre event.
The parking/pedestrian situation was obviously not well thought out regardless of what transpired with the cops and Sheffler.
I disagree that the details aren't already available, but the rest is correct. However, that's really something the officer should have taken into consideration at the time. He could have simply issued a warning or citation after the fact. He instead elected to jump on a moving vehicle. Then he wanted to play the victim. I got no time for that.

I disagree that the details aren't already available, but the rest is correct. However, that's really something the officer should have taken into consideration at the time. He could have simply issued a warning or citation after the fact. He instead elected to jump on a moving vehicle. Then he wanted to play the victim. I got no time for that.
The fact this was a fatality accident scene makes the officer's actions seem much more understandable to me.
This wasn't just a traffic log jam....There was an active death investigation going on. You can't have people driving thru active fatality investigation scenes.
That is the part you are not taking into account imo.

The fact this was a fatality accident scene makes the officer's actions seem much more understandable to me.
This wasn't just a traffic log jam....There was an active death investigation going on. You can't have people driving thru active fatality investigation scenes.
That is the part you are not taking into account imo.
But the officer here was just directing traffic that had previously been rerouted from the crime scene. The scene wasn't at risk where Sheffler was at, it was on down.

What you're alleging occured just isn't accurate. Had the cop known what was going on, he would have identified the marked car Scheffler was in and let him through. He was in a special car marked for players.

I don’t follow golf but from what I gather, the golfer should still be in jail. You don’t get free passes for being famous, rich, trying to get to an event, or any other reason.

Any adult taking up for the golfer are just showing their true colors. Reading some responses make me realize how and why our country is in the shape it is.

One word to summarize this whole ordeal, accountability. Need more of it for these type of things to happen less.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Stratford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT