ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New UK T&F facility

That’s state of the art and well deserved. The track team has been pumping out World Record holders and gold medalist.

Steiner not being on the “olympians” wall is odd tho
I don’t think she’s been in the Olympics yet.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Very Nice!

Excellent-Wayne-III.gif

Where is it? There was talk that it was going on the footprint of the old baseball stadium next to the outdoor track, but I had also heard that that real estate was slated for a new indoor tennis facility.

Maybe Cal can put up a couple of portable hoops in there and claim we have improved our basketball facilities?

I'm not seeing spectator seats. Am I missing something? Looks like there is an outer running surface - outside of the banked track. I'm hearing the track itself is world class but there's a big question.

I'm not seeing spectator seats. Am I missing something? Looks like there is an outer running surface - outside of the banked track. I'm hearing the track itself is world class but there's a big question.
It’s a training facility and not meant to hold large meets. They can hold some small meets, but there is very limited capacity for fans

It’s a training facility and not meant to hold large meets. They can hold some small meets, but there is very limited capacity for fans
That's what I thought. So no chance of a big Wildcat Indoor Invitational, SEC Championship or KHSAA Indoor Championship.

Maybe it was rushed through too fast to accommodate the football big ask.

Wow, was built much faster than I thought but after looking at its basically a butler style building that they painted up real nice inside with some other stuff. Doesn't take very long to construct something like that plus am sure they wanted it done before winter really starts. Zero clue how it stacks up against others across the country but have to think it's up there. Been in the works for a long time now.

That's what I thought. So no chance of a big Wildcat Indoor Invitational, SEC Championship or KHSAA Indoor Championship.

Maybe it was rushed through too fast to accommodate the football big ask.
I think it was probably more around price. TAMU is opening one up in 2024 with a seating capacity of 4,000 at the cost of $55 million. UK's cost $20 million.

-UK capital and construction doesn't rush *anything*. Very silly and uniformed take.

-also: prefab steel buildings are the standard for practice facilities of this sort. Again...very strange take.

Reactions: 80 Proof
I think it was probably more around price. TAMU is opening one up in 2024 with a seating capacity of 4,000 at the cost of $55 million. UK's cost $20 million.
Well good, sounds like we saved $35M, and I would not put A&M up as the best example of how to spend athletic dept money. :p

Knew Jim Green a bit at UK back in the day. He'd wander through the door talking with friends. Also saw him run in the regional track meet in HS. Yowza. He'd win the 100 before anyone else was at 90.

Reactions: Tskware
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT