ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Vs. Houston...

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
So, sitting here watching #2 vs #11 and while CCC whines about getting a new practice facility because football got a much needed renovation of Nutter, these two teams play in facilities that have a COMBINED capacity of 14K. UK can't even get a new floor right!!

I think Houston is almost a shoe in for the Elite 8. Their offense is nowhere near their defense.

So, with that said, they go out the first weekend. In other words, I just Diggered them.

Houston screwed up you know how ? Up 1 with 1 AND 1 and they get the ball to a 67% FT shooter this is called dumb.........get the ball to your 80+% FT shooter.

Houston screwed up you know how ? Up 1 with 1 AND 1 and they get the ball to a 67% FT shooter this is called dumb.........get the ball to your 80+% FT shooter.
I think sometimes you guys don't realize the other team is trying to win too. In an ideal world you always get the ball to your best FT shooter. But as it turns out, the other team knows who your best FT shooter is and tries to deny him the ball. Players also don't always make the right decision in the moment.

Houston is legit and has been since Sampson got there. I remember when conference play started and a lot of people here thought Houston would finally be exposed for being frauds. Looks like they win the Big 12 by multiple games. Sampson is probably a top 3 coach in the country right now. Imagine if he stayed at IU?

Reactions: zannmann
I think sometimes you guys don't realize the other team is trying to win too. In an ideal world you always get the ball to your best FT shooter. But as it turns out, the other team knows who your best FT shooter is and tries to deny him the ball. Players also don't always make the right decision in the moment.
Try harder then to get it to your best FT shooters they have 3 guys way better you can't get it to 1 of the 3 ?

Sounds like Cal throwing it to Dilly instead of Reeves or Reed up 2 vs Florida and that was 1 of the reasons we lost. Dilly is a good FT shooter but your best FT shooters are Reeves and Reed and if you want to win you get it to them. We don't go to OT if we get them the ball most likely.

Try harder then to get it to your best FT shooters they have 3 guys way better you can't get it to 1 of the 3 ?

Sounds like Cal throwing it to Dilly instead of Reeves or Reed up 2 vs Florida and that was 1 of the reasons we lost. Dilly is a good FT shooter but your best FT shooters are Reeves and Reed and if you want to win you get it to them. We don't go to OT if we get them the ball most likely.
You don't think Houston was "trying hard" to get the right guy the ball? Sometimes you just have to get it to someone. Sampson is one of the best coaches in the country, he knows his best FT shooters should have the ball. The players know that too. Snap decisions made in close games aren't easy to make or execute and things like this aren't nearly as black and white as many on this board think they are.

Our 87% free throw shooter took the ball out of bounds in the Florida loss. Talk about dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT