ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MLB starts tomorrow

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
My predictions: Astros and Yankees will be very good. Should be an epic ALCS. Probably Washington or maybe Cubs/Dodgers in NL.

At the other end of the spectrum, Marlins and Reds will suck (yes, I know, call me Captain Obvious). Iglesias will be given away at the trade deadline to one of the good teams above, for two prospects in the minors.

The two way Japanese guy will be a bust for Angels. James Paxton will be healthy and an All Star for Seattle.

P.S. Congrats to Trevor Gott who made Washington's opening day roster. We could use someone like him at UK this year, big time.

My predictions: Astros and Yankees will be very good. Should be an epic ALCS. Probably Washington or maybe Cubs/Dodgers in NL.

At the other end of the spectrum, Marlins and Reds will suck (yes, I know, call me Captain Obvious). Iglesias will be given away at the trade deadline to one of the good teams above, for two prospects in the minors.

The two way Japanese guy will be a bust for Angels. James Paxton will be healthy and an All Star for Seattle.

P.S. Congrats to Trevor Gott who made Washington's opening day roster. We could use someone like him at UK this year, big time.

I completely agree about the two way guy from Japan. He'll sell tickets but thats about it! Go Tigers!!

Look for Milwaukee to build on last year and possibly sneak in to grab a playoff spot adding Christian Yelich & Lorenozo Cain to an already good team last year. Not a WS winning caliber team but playoffs are definitely in reach. They'll have a healthy Chase Anderson back.

I like Cleveland still in the AL Central but I am intrigued by Minnesota while not spending a lot of money, for them it was and signed 2 Pitchers that will help them, Lance Lynn & Jake Odorizzi. Logan Morrison was a good source of power for TB last season and they signed him. Kepler, Rosario & Buxton will all make significant strides building off their success from last season. Fernando Rodney is older but still saved 39 games for an Arizona playoff team last season. Jose Berrios has shown some brilliant flashes at times and has a very promising future. This might be the year for him where he puts it all together following a good 2017.

Seattle might be a sneaky good team in the AL West. Not going to dethrone Houston obviously but they have a well balanced roster. Playing Dee Gordon in the OF this season. Ryon Healy is a nice young power hitter. Mitch Haniger when healthy last year in the 1st half was a really solid impact back in the Seattle line up. Can't forget Cano, Cruz & Seager as the big bats in the line up. Like your All Star Prediction for our boy James Paxton. King Felix also looked nice and re-invented himself as no longer a power pitcher. Had a very nice start Opening Day vs Cleveland. They have Mike Leake this year as well.

Last edited:
Not a Reds fan but do follow them - it’s time for Hamilton to be a defensive replacement and late inning pinch runner - correct? (As he was yesterday)

Winker, Schebler and Duvall probably need to be the every day guys.

Gott got the final out for Wash yesterday in their 13-7 win over the Reds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT