ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mens Soccer

Can anyone explain why we play in the Sun Belt conference ?
Because the SEC is a soccer wasteland. Personally, I think it’s strange that the conference doesn’t include the single most popular sport in the world. But it doesn’t seem to bother SEC fans, they’re only concerned with one kind of football …the American kind.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Because the SEC is a soccer wasteland. Personally, I think it’s strange that the conference doesn’t include the single most popular sport in the world. But it doesn’t seem to bother SEC fans, they’re only concerned with one kind of football …the American kind.

My oldest kid is about to be 10 and has stopped all other sports but soccer.

If you told me this would happen even 3 years ago I would have probably been very unhappy. Soccer has grown on me big time though. We live near Cinci and went to first MLS game this year. It was awesome. I love that he likes soccer so much....great sport that took 40 years to grow on me.

I love the World Cup. Will be rootin’ my butt off for the Stars and Stripes. Can’t get into the “Big Leagues” / European soccer. Used to love playing FIFA on PlayStation though.

Reactions: EliteBlue

If you told me this would happen even 3 years ago I would have probably been very unhappy. Soccer has grown on me big time though. We live near Cinci and went to first MLS game this year. It was awesome. I love that he likes soccer so much....great sport that took 40 years to grow on me.
The stadium in Cincy is awesome and is always a great time. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I love it.

The FA Cup is really awesome. Basically one big NCAA tournament lol. It's great when you have big teams like Man United or Liverpool having to go play some team 9 tiers below them lol.

I'm a Red Bulls fan so I try to go to the games when they come to Cincy and Columbus. Yeah Cincy stadium is really nice.
That entire area around the stadium is nice too. Tons of places to eat and whatnot.

I just told my son we don’t play soccer. I’m not dealing with that. The only reason soccer is popular around the world is because most countries can’t afford anything but a ball and have plenty of dead fields. Leave it to current Americans to throw away the fun sports those countries would kill to play and not realize what they have.

America 2022 - I want to play the poor sport they play in third world countries.

Beautiful sunset the night we were there.

My kid got to go on field with players as part of his YSL. Pretty awesome!

Click pic to see better...

My off sport is hockey. Awesome environment, fun, loud. I’ve been to a pro soccer game it was terrible. Little specs running around a massive field with barely any scores. I just can’t see the allure. I couldn’t wait to leave.

I never really cared much for soccer. Then my brother married a girl whose brother played for the University of Washington. Went to a game and have enjoyed it ever since. My last neighbor actually played for FC Cincinnati, but Kenney Walker played for them before they went to the MLS.

Beautiful sunset the night we were there.

My kid got to go on field with players as part of his YSL. Pretty awesome!

Click pic to see better...

Where in Cincinnati is that? It’s definitely not in the area where my office is.

That’s fantastic!

I grew up playing in the Cincy and area and now currently coach. My experience playing provided so many friends and opportunities. I wish you and your oldest the best on your youth soccer journey!

That’s fantastic!

I grew up playing in the Cincy and area and now currently coach. My experience playing provided so many friends and opportunities. I wish you and your oldest the best on your youth soccer journey!

Fat guy ur killin me

ROFL. EVERY SPORT takes money from football. Even basketball.
Not at Kentucky and there’s still other schools where basketball comes first. But I guess it stands that you can’t have EVERY SPORT bleeding money. By playing in a lower conference they can at least stifle the bleeding I guess would be my logic.

My daughter used to play big time (ECNL) enjoy it while you can it had to grow on me too but I coached 2 years of high school and love the hell out of soccer now!

Reactions: HagginHall1999
The reason is because for Title 9. Have to have a certain amount of male and female programs and SEC opted out of mens soccer, which is a dated decision. Soccer wouldn’t bring in football or basketball revenue, but certainly more than most sports.

Reactions: EliteBlue
My daughter used to play big time (ECNL) enjoy it while you can it had to grow on me too but I coached 2 years of high school and love the hell out of soccer now!

Well now I’m very depressed. If they got you they’ll get most. Ashamed doesn’t begin to describe how y’all should feel. Guess y’all are Hillary boys too. I’m logging off.

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Well now I’m very depressed. If they got you they’ll get most. Ashamed doesn’t begin to describe how y’all should feel. Guess y’all are Hillary boys too. I’m logging off.
You know what’s really anti-American? When your people invaded the US Capitol.

im 100% trolling

Reactions: bouncebackcats
UK did win the C-USA soccer title today. I do have a question for any NCAA soccer guys... Bjorgolfsson got sent off with a red card today. We played the last 30 minutes or so with 10. Is there any other penalty for a Red Card in NCAA soccer? NCAAs are next.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT