ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lexington HS Football

StubbornPenny

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2009
hey all, I've been wanting to check out a few random local high school games just for the heck of it. Problem is, I've never followed high school ball, and I don't know who's good, who's bad, who has nice facilities (mmm nachos) or seating. Any suggestions for the coming weekends? Innovative offense or rivalries are always fun.

hey all, I've been wanting to check out a few random local high school games just for the heck of it. Problem is, I've never followed high school ball, and I don't know who's good, who's bad, who has nice facilities (mmm nachos) or seating. Any suggestions for the coming weekends? Innovative offense or rivalries are always fun.

Drive to Danville.

This.

LexCath vs Boyle County coming up next weekend. Boyle favored but these two are good rivals.
Agreed. I grew up in Harrodsburg, but spent most of my time in Danville. Danville and Boyle have as much or more tradition as any school in the state.

Isn’t Douglas the newest High School in the city? How did they get so strong so quickly?
Probably have a decent coach. When my son was playing (several years back), I could see that the coaching was pretty lacking. I don't think the pay is worth the effort for people who would be the best coaches. I've seen it in basketball also. Some of the better coaches gave it up to take on administration positions to get more pay.

One of my boys graduated from Lafayette this year. Last season started rough but ended pretty well. We have another who's a junior at lexington catholic. They've started 4-2.

Both stadiums are decent. Lafayette's is bigger and they have more concession options; but both are adequate. As long as the bathrooms aren't a latrine, the lighting is good, and parking is okay one school's facilities seem about the same as another's.

Isn’t Douglas the newest High School in the city? How did they get so strong so quickly?

Redistricting due to the opening of Douglass destroyed Bryan Station. 10 of Douglass starters came from Douglass. I don’t think the Bryan Station will ever recover

Hour north- my advice would be to check out Covington Catholic

Pulled from Station and henry clay...prob drew the lines up to what would work best for them.

I was just getting ready to say this. My daughter goes to Douglas and when they sent the districting maps home it seemed awfully “strategic” for lack of a better word. IMO they were just tryin to come up with a school that could compete with the schools west on 64. Still think they have a ways to go to get there but I’m pretty sure they had athletics in mind when they rezoned for the new high school.

Agreed. I grew up in Harrodsburg, but spent most of my time in Danville. Danville and Boyle have as much or more tradition as any school in the state.

Deserving of the name 'Title Town'. And Chuck Smith seems to have Boyle Country back on track for another extended run in his second stint there. That is difficult to say with 3 kids who graduated from LexCath.

Boyle looks to win 3A again this year.

Lexington Catholic is exciting to watch with a 'west coast' style offense with a top QB (again) directing the Knights.

LCA is also usually good in 2A and good to watch.

It looks like FD and HC are the top Fayette public schools this year.

Wandale Robinson and his Western Hills teammates take on Beau Allen and LC Knights at Western Hills tonight, October 5 @Western Hills. 7:30 kick off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT