ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is this lineup enough to beat GSW?

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Just a little NBA question for the off-season.

CBS just reported that a Dywane Wade buyout in Chicago is imminent now.

I think we can all assume he'll sign a 1 year deal with the Cavs on the cheap.

Last season, he averaged 18.5 PPG, 5 Rebs, and 4 Asts, which is pretty good.

I do really wish Carmelo would go to Cleveland also, but not sure it'll happen.

I know all of the Kyrie stuff going on but just playing devils advocate and saying he does stay throughout this season.

Would this lineup be enough to give GSW a better run next year?

1. Kyrie
2. D-Wade
3. Lebron
4. K-Love
5. T. Thompson

With Derrick Rose, J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert and all of them coming off the bench.

Last edited:
They might win 2 games instead of one. Wade isn't much of an upgrade over Smith at this point. If anything, it hurts the Cavs spacing and flow.

Reactions: TM2013
They might win 2 games instead of one. Wade isn't much of an upgrade over Smith at this point. If anything, it hurts the Cavs spacing and flow.

I'm not sure. J.R. Smith only averaged 8 PPG this season, and while he's improved, he's certainly still a defensive liability.

And Wade and LeBron had great spacing and flow in Miami. They play off of one another very well.

Reactions: JC43
I'm not sure. J.R. Smith only averaged 8 PPG this season, and while he's improved, he's certainly still a defensive liability.

And Wade and LeBron had great spacing and flow in Miami. They play off of one another very well.
Wade can't shoot and is 4 years older than his last days with LeBron. So yes, definitely better than Smith, but unless they're on a fast break, I'm not so sure the spacing would be okay. Regardless, I don't see them being much closer to GSW if this were to happen.

they might get swept or win one game against GSW in a 7 game series.

Again, just playing devil's advocate here.

Cleveland this year SHOULD have won 2 games (they completely gave game 3 away, they should have won it) and probably lost 4-2.

So you think bringing D-Wade on board makes them worse?

An aging/slower Wade and Irving on D? I don't they could stop anyone with that team on D.

If Wade comes there, he needs to accept a bench role. Cavs bench was terrible, but Wade might be able to upgrade the bench unit and actually generate some offense when Lebron isn't on the floor. They need a reliable shooter at the 2 with Lebron and Kyrie.

Really don't know how you can keep Kyrie at this point. If someone is being a biggity bitch on my crew, we generally stop hanging out with them. IMO, one has to go, either Lebron or Kyrie, if this team wants to beat GSW.. Easy choice.

They should shop him now, get something in return. Maybe some draft picks, maybe an upcoming PG. But that roster could turn toxic real fast.

There have been several examples of teams pulling together aging veterans to make a run at a championship. Never happens.

There have been several examples of teams pulling together aging veterans to make a run at a championship. Never happens.

nba_g_mavstrophs_576.jpg

Again, just playing devil's advocate here.

Cleveland this year SHOULD have won 2 games (they completely gave game 3 away, they should have won it) and probably lost 4-2.

So you think bringing D-Wade on board makes them worse?

Sure.

Most team get better when they play together. They become more comfortable with their style of play. Not to mention it's easier to fill in the weakness when you play the season together.

Also that team is young. Pretty much the core can all get better which is scary thought.

Wade is 35 now and still sucks at shooting. He isn't going to help Lebron because he doesn't space to allow him to drive.

Cleveland also has Rose.

I forgot about D. Rose.

He averaged 18 a game this year as well.

I'm just not sure that people are giving the Cavs enough credit. I honestly don't feel like they're THAT far behind, especially if they add D-Wade.

Not sure, but I don't know if I can watch another playoff where the best team only loses one game.

The only chance the Cavs had was if Livingston and Iggy left in free agency. GS resigning those guys was a big blow to every other team. Their starting five is great but that isn't what makes them unbeatable in a 7 game series. Their bench crushes everyone else.

I forgot about D. Rose.

He averaged 18 a game this year as well.

I'm just not sure that people are giving the Cavs enough credit. I honestly don't feel like they're THAT far behind, especially if they add D-Wade.
The issue Cleveland has is defensively. No interior defense when James is pulled out, and his best defense is on the fast break.

If I am Cleveland, I am offering Irving (@$19mm) to Boston for Thomas, Crowder, Rozier and Yabusele and a late first round pick (about even money).

I would not pay Thomas anywhere near max money for 5'9" player who will be 29 year before the season ends. Crowder gives them a defensive player, Rozier and Yabusele are young role players.

Not sure, but I don't know if I can watch another playoff where the best team only loses one game.

I'm not sure I can either, which is why I want the Cavs to load up pretty bad!

Find a way to get D-Wade and Carmelo, and get it done!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT