ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is Lamar Jackson overrated?

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
I go back and forth. There are times/games where he is just unstoppable, makes every play, looks like he's playing at a different speed. But, especially in crunch time, in playoffs, sometimes in really big games in the regular season, he comes up way short. Last year, they had every opportunity to make the SB and he did not make the plays the Ravens needed him to make. Some very questionable decisions, some really bad throws, etc. Seems like it happens more often in playoff games than regular season games, but he's put up some real stinkers in the postseason. Now, he does rack up the stats in the regular season and has won 2 (?) MVP awards so he's not dog crap, by any stretch. He's a really good QB most of the time. He just seems to save his worst performances in the highest pressure games sometimes. Maybe I'm completely off base - it's definitely possible.

My sense is that he's viewed as one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the NFL and I don't know if I'd put him there. I'd certainly hesitate if I had to choose one QB to start a conference championship game.

For every spectacular play he makes, he will make an equally horrific mistake in big games. He wins a lot and maybe his teams wouldn't be a playoff team without him but I don't know if you'll ever have a championship team with him. Our huge win against him in 2016 has really been a microcosm of his entire career

161126ukVul2903
I can't stand him, didn't like him at UofL and like him less now. So I'll go with yes.

Lamar is easily Top 4 in the NFL lmao yall crazy as hell. The only thing he hasn’t accomplished is win a Super Bowl. And nobody outside of Mahomes has really been doing that.

Well, about time to start winning then.
I don’t really disagree but the only one of the top 4 qbs in the nfl that has won a super bowl is Mahomes lol. Think sometimes we act there’s this large group of QBs that’s winning at a high clip

Lamar is easily Top 4 in the NFL lmao yall crazy as hell. The only thing he hasn’t accomplished is win a Super Bowl. And nobody outside of Mahomes has really been doing that.
Top 4 QBs don't really miss that wide open of a receiver with the game on the line...

Top 4 QBs don't really miss that wide open of a receiver with the game on the line...

That's a great point. He made an awful throw and followed it up with a great throw but foot on line. He won't ever win a super bowls. Too inconsistent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT