ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Do you think OK State football underachieved even w T Boone Pickens $$ ?

Aug 27, 2022
I think about this sometimes. They had several 10 win and. 12win season in the 2000’s, but do you think they should have been much better?

Reactions: Cabo Blue
I think about this sometimes. They had several 10 win and. 12win season in the 2000’s, but do you think they should have been much better?
Living here in Ok, don’t believe they should be any better. They really have the feel of little brother to OU. They also appear to recruit at a lower level than UK. They really benefit from playing in the Big 12, they really only have a couple tough games a year. Think Vandy or Mizzou talent.

Reactions: vhcat70
If by struggle you mean not winning LESS than 7 games since 2005.

Grundy is a helluva coach. That program will slide dramatically when he hangs up his whistle

Reactions: bigbluedon
Oklahoma State is definitely the little brother. Put them in the SEC and they are Arkansas at best. Having said that once OK and TX leave the Big12 it could actually elevate the Oklahoma State program because they will have an easier time competing for the conference championship.

If that money was being used to buy players, then they were probably not getting the best bang for their buck.

Money went to facilities. You can have best facilities and still not compete, because of recruiting ability, in-game coaching, location.

Remember, you are still in STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA.

If T Boone were alive today where he could openly pour money to recruits I think you would see a different OK, St. program.
Spot on Grump

Makes you wonder if the Walton’s just don’t like College Football as the Razorbacks aren’t moving up. I know they just bought or bought into the Broncos but surely they have some $ left for the Hogs?

Reactions: The-Hack
Spot on Grump

Makes you wonder if the Walton’s just don’t like College Football as the Razorbacks aren’t moving up. I know they just bought or bought into the Broncos but surely they have some $ left for the Hogs?

I have wonder the same. The Walton family is most likely the wealthiest, but Arkansaw also has the Hunt family who at one time where at least part owners of the Chiefs and the Tyson foods family. Lots of money in a few families there.

But T Boone was responsible for most of the football facilities, so I am sure he would have invested in some players too.

I have wonder the same. The Walton family is most likely the wealthiest, but Arkansaw also has the Hunt family who at one time where at least part owners of the Chiefs and the Tyson foods family. Lots of money in a few families there.

But T Boone was responsible for most of the football facilities, so I am sure he would have invested in some players too.
Doesn’t Arkansas also have Jerry Jones that can pour some money into that program?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT