ADVERTISEMENT

OT Bron Bron is Gone Gone

Showoff? Maybe. Lots of sports figures enjoy showing off their talent and skills. Loud mouth? I dunno. I don't really listen to athletes in general. It's pretty easy to not listen to LeBron, Brady, or any other athlete you may dislike. You sound pretty wound-up, especially with your first post in the thread which simply said "LeBron sucks." Edgar Allan Poe would be envious of your way with the English language.
Thanks. LeBron is a great athlete but thinks he has to be a moral compass for others in the United States while taking money from and supporting China's abuse of civil rights in their country. When has he spoken out about China's abuse of Civil Rights since the NBA is heavily involved with China. Never.

Last edited:
James is nowhere close to done. He’s still making all nba teams at 38. My guess is he plays until he catches Jordan in rings, and he probably wouldn’t mind if he did that as the second or third option. Plus he makes too much money to even think about hanging them up anytime soon
James will not get another ring.

Thanks. LeBron is a great athlete but thinks he has to be a moral compass for others in the United States while taking money from and supporting China's abuse of civil rights in their country. When has he spoken out about China's abuse of Civil Rights since the NBA is heavily involved with China. Never.
Did you actually think in a time when the NBA and China are working together that the face of the league is going to say all the things you wish you could say, effectively ruining that relationship? Am I to believe that one cannot speak out against wrongs at home unless first speaking out against wrongs elsewhere in the world? Unfortunately, we're all guilty of "selling out" to countries like China so you might want to check the tag on the back of the Captain America shield before holding it up. You may be surprised where it's made.

Sorry man. I get tired of the Chinese obsession while those obsessed enjoy items and components in their homes and on their bodies that literally say Made in China. Stop making LeBron "the enemy" while purchasing Chinese-made products at the same time. Dislike him for flopping or something instead of pretending he's the President of China.

He'll still play a few more years, like others said, to play with his son.

But how much of a threat the Lakers will be is another question. Him and AD aren't getting younger, and they are showing, right now, their bodies are not built for basketball in May and June.

The Western Conference isn't getting easier. Sure, Dallas and Memphis might be taking steps back.. but Phoenix, Denver still threats. Sacramento has emerged, and even bottom feeders like the San Antonio and Houston will likely be much improved.

With talent spread out pretty well in this era of the NBA, I don't think many teams will fear these Lakers.

He'll still play a few more years, like others said, to play with his son.

But how much of a threat the Lakers will be is another question. Him and AD aren't getting younger, and they are showing, right now, their bodies are not built for basketball in May and June.

The Western Conference isn't getting easier. Sure, Dallas and Memphis might be taking steps back.. but Phoenix, Denver still threats. Sacramento has emerged, and even bottom feeders like the San Antonio and Houston will likely be much improved.

With talent spread out pretty well in this era of the NBA, I don't think many teams will fear these Lakers.
That’s all true but it’s still the Lakers. They will have a much easier time finding a 3rd anchor to their roster because it’s a big market with lots of appeal

After the Nugs dispatch Lebron in the WCFs I think James hangs it up.
He came back this yr for Kareem’s scoring record.
He got it and he’s going to get broomed out of the playoffs.
Hes done.
He is NOT hanging it up, not with Bronny 2 years away from being in the league. LeBron's final wish is teaming up with his son for a one year run in the NBA, and the NBA will make the accommodations for this to happen. Bronny and LeBron will play on the same team, book it. As much as I can't stand LeBron and the vomit that comes into my throat whenever I have to watch him, but seeing this happen is going to be pretty cool. I would have never imagined seeing a son and his father playing in the NBA at the same time.

You know what the difference between the James father/son playing together and the Griffeys playing together is?

Ken Griffen Jr. can play.

Brony will get a charity contract ONLY as long as LeBron is worth it. Which might not be that long.

In the history of the NBA, Le Bron is the freaking all time scoring leader, beating legends and gods of the game to get there. He works hard, takes care of his body. He's given over a million dollars to charity. He runs multiple businesses. Produces movies. Despite being a sports and business success he's a family man who cherishes his family and wants to play with his son, yet most of you on here make that sound like that is somehow a corrosive and evil wish. but haters got to hate everything and always..

Lol if Cal was coaching like Lebron played this season this fan base would be satisfied.

Cal is more like Chris Paul and even that is probably a bad comparison right now . Off the top of my head I couldn’t think if someone clearly washed
It’s not a good direct comparison I’ll agree. But there’s some striking similarities.

I know most don’t agree with Lebron on politics and activism etc, which is fine!

He has been one of the cleanest reputation wise stars in the league, despite having the biggest spotlight. He’s made mistakes no doubt, but nothing like some of the other stars.

However, try to separate everything from his actual on the court career….

Lebron is one of the greatest athletes and NBA players of all time, and we may never see a basketball player playing at his level at almost 40 again.

You don’t have to like the man but at least appreciate all he has accomplished.

I think the issue is most people see LeBron as a phony.

FLBwJ4RWUAg4sFM.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: shano and J_Dee
Did you actually think in a time when the NBA and China are working together that the face of the league is going to say all the things you wish you could say, effectively ruining that relationship? Am I to believe that one cannot speak out against wrongs at home unless first speaking out against wrongs elsewhere in the world? Unfortunately, we're all guilty of "selling out" to countries like China so you might want to check the tag on the back of the Captain America shield before holding it up. You may be surprised where it's made.

Sorry man. I get tired of the Chinese obsession while those obsessed enjoy items and components in their homes and on their bodies that literally say Made in China. Stop making LeBron "the enemy" while purchasing Chinese-made products at the same time. Dislike him for flopping or something instead of pretending he's the President of China.
Agreed, 100%.

James is nowhere close to done. He’s still making all nba teams at 38. My guess is he plays until he catches Jordan in rings, and he probably wouldn’t mind if he did that as the second or third option. Plus he makes too much money to even think about hanging them up anytime soon
😂

In the history of the NBA, Le Bron is the freaking all time scoring leader, beating legends and gods of the game to get there. He works hard, takes care of his body. He's given over a million dollars to charity. He runs multiple businesses. Produces movies. Despite being a sports and business success he's a family man who cherishes his family and wants to play with his son, yet most of you on here make that sound like that is somehow a corrosive and evil wish. but haters got to hate everything and always..
But he's a clown.

• Haha
Reactions: DC407
I separate on court vs off court. This is about on court to me and the dude can clearly pay 2 to 3 more seasons at least if he wants to.

He has 0% chance at another title with the Lakers though. He would have to go somewhere and take a paycut and be 3rd option to have a legit chance. He won't do that and don't blame him but that's the only way he gets a 5th title IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT