ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bat cats

Lost In FL

All-American
Oct 5, 2001
Down 11 to 1 in the 6th. That sucks.

In advance: I'm sorry, i know there is a board for this, but I can never get it on the phone (clearly I'm not a teenager from Tampa...).

Go big blue.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Last night was painful for us, tonight painful for y’all. The way both teams have exploded offensively tomorrow will probably be a 2-1 game.

Speaking of baseball, and it is probably weather related, but yalls infield looks really bad around the mound and in front of the plate. With the new stadium are y’all going to extend the turf from foul territory into the infield?

Last night was painful for us, tonight painful for y’all. The way both teams have exploded offensively tomorrow will probably be a 2-1 game.

Speaking of baseball, and it is probably weather related, but yalls infield looks really bad around the mound and in front of the plate. With the new stadium are y’all going to extend the turf from foul territory into the infield?
I mean this in the nicest way possible, but if we only beat SC by 1 after tonight’s bludgeoning I will be pissed. Agree tho. Field looks like trash

Bat Cats also lost to the Pokies today, 6-3.
But good luck @ the SEC :baseball:tnmt:)

The new stadium will have an all turf field and an artificial dirt mound and home plate area.

Seems logical to me. I know Vanderbilt has it. You two being the northernmost stadiums probably have the hardest time with the weather (see this weekend) and growing grass.

In advance: I'm sorry, i know there is a board for this, but I can never get it on the phone (clearly I'm not a teenager from Tampa...).

Go big blue.
Have trouble with that also, but I go to new post and find the one for bb and get on that way.

Reactions: Lost In FL

Field has taken a beating from all bad weather, but you'd think the tarp would keep it dry...pretty sure new stadium will be completely turf except for the pitchers mound itself...being old school i wish hp, areas around bases and mound would remain dirt. Still like to see the guys get dirty!

Field has taken a beating from all bad weather, but you'd think the tarp would keep it dry...pretty sure new stadium will be completely turf except for the pitchers mound itself...being old school i wish hp, areas around bases and mound would remain dirt. Still like to see the guys get dirty!

I think even the pitcher's mound will be turf, but I could be wrong.

Go big blue.

Just click on the bars in the top right corner of the page. It will pull up a side car with a pull down arrow on the right. Click on the blue "Forums" and it will take you to the full list of forums where you can click on the baseball forum.

Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Just click on the bars in the top right corner of the page. It will pull up a side car with a pull down arrow on the right. Click on the blue "Forums" and it will take you to the full list of forums where you can click on the baseball forum.

Hope that makes sense.
Thx Comeback. When i hit that part i only see the
HOB (which Im not a member)
Lair,
FB recruiting forum
Rafters
BB recruiting
Other watch forums (does that include baseball?)

Lair,
FB recruiting forum
Rafters
BB recruiting

I think you're looking at just the pull down. Actually click on the word "Forums". I think it should be colored blue. That will take you to this page:

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com

Which should have a link to the baseball board directly under a link to the paddock.

Lair,
FB recruiting forum
Rafters
BB recruiting

It's there.

My allegiance is UK 60% football, 30% basketball, 10% other sports, and I watch all of them I can, today ideal, on here while watching the game on ESPNU.

It's there.

My allegiance is UK 60% football, 30% basketball, 10% other sports, and I watch all of them I can, today ideal, on here while watching the game on ESPNU.

With WatchEspn almost all of the UK baseball games are available to watch. Not many of them are on the ESPN family of networks, but the SEC Network allows us to have baseball much more accessible. However, you're really missing a big treat if you do not tune in to Darren Headrick on the radio. He is in his first year as the UK baseball announcer and does and excellent job. Dick Gabriel might put you to sleep on the tv broadcast.

With WatchEspn almost all of the UK baseball games are available to watch. Not many of them are on the ESPN family of networks, but the SEC Network allows us to have baseball much more accessible. However, you're really missing a big treat if you do not tune in to Darren Headrick on the radio. He is in his first year as the UK baseball announcer and does and excellent job. Dick Gabriel might put you to sleep on the tv broadcast.

Usually listen to the game on WLAP if I can't get it on TV.

Edit, WLAP on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comebakatz3
Bat Cats lost (again) to the Pokies today, 6-1:eek:
Good luck both Bat Cats the rest of the way:)

Congrats on taking the series. Do y’all recruit pitchers that get cut from the basketball program? I have never seen such a tall pitching staff. Good luck the rest of the way.

The softball team lost. Not the baseball team. Neither of them like to be called the bat cats though.

I don't understand this, usually check the Official UK athletics site to see what games we are playing and set my automatic tuning schedule up, UK softball swept two games Friday and no other games scheduled until the middle of the week. Did I miss something?

I don't understand this, usually check the Official UK athletics site to see what games we are playing and set my automatic tuning schedule up, UK softball swept two games Friday and no other games scheduled until the middle of the week. Did I miss something?

To be fair, I don't know. I honestly don't keep up with softball because the sport itself annoys me. However, I know the baseball team didn't lose 6-1, so, I assumed the op was talking about the softball team and calling the the bat cats. Either way, hes wrong as well. UK softball played MTSU and won 2 games this weekend.

Congrats on taking the series. Do y’all recruit pitchers that get cut from the basketball program? I have never seen such a tall pitching staff. Good luck the rest of the way.

Apparently we're the second tallest pitching staff in the country. With a few redshirts we would easily be tallest.

To be fair, I don't know. I honestly don't keep up with softball because the sport itself annoys me. However, I know the baseball team didn't lose 6-1, so, I assumed the op was talking about the softball team and calling the the bat cats. Either way, hes wrong as well. UK softball played MTSU and won 2 games this weekend.

Why does it annoy you, some real ballplayers there, some amazing athletes there too, and UK has a lot of them this year. Played about 15 years in city softball leagues, much more of a player sport than fastpitch, the King and his Court proved not much going on if you have a great pitcher. Never played much softball before graduating from UK at 27 and going to work for a company that had its own league, my little high school had football in the fall, basketball in the winter, and spring football practice in the spring. Our company league folded after about four years but we had an all star team from that league that played in a top city league for a dozen years or so.

Reactions: parrott
Why does it annoy you, some real ballplayers there, some amazing athletes there too, and UK has a lot of them this year. Played about 15 years in city softball leagues, much more of a player sport than fastpitch, the King and his Court proved not much going on if you have a great pitcher. Never played much softball before graduating from UK at 27 and going to work for a company that had its own league, my little high school had football in the fall, basketball in the winter, and spring football practice in the spring. Our company league folded after about four years but we had an all star team from that league that played in a top city league for a dozen years or so.

It's a fun game. I guess I just grew up playing baseball and living baseball and it is definitely not a female equivalent. I hate that all you need to be an elite team is an elite pitcher. That pitcher can pitch 90+ percent of your games with little to no help from a bullpen. That, imo, takes away a ton of strategy. You then have more poke hitting than actual hitting and although it's similar to baseball it isn't anywhere the same and I'm just not a fan.

It's a fun game. I guess I just grew up playing baseball and living baseball and it is definitely not a female equivalent. I hate that all you need to be an elite team is an elite pitcher. That pitcher can pitch 90+ percent of your games with little to no help from a bullpen. That, imo, takes away a ton of strategy. You then have more poke hitting than actual hitting and although it's similar to baseball it isn't anywhere the same and I'm just not a fan.

Agree, which is why I say slow pitch, while not nearly as challenging for a hitter, is a lot better game for regular players.

And since I grew up not playing either I don't have your prejudices, lol.

I do go over to the baseball board occasionally, just don't know enough of the finer things to post much, see your posts a lot when I am over there, good job.

Weird series, we destroyed them, they destroyed us, and we beat them pretty handily. A series win is good, hard to sweep in baseball.

Probably should get off here before we get kicked off though.

Edit: Just noticed I'm a prophet and don't know it, was on the baseboard board and didn't know it, probably a good thing to not upset the football purists.

Last edited:
Reactions: parrott
CB3...growing up I played bb & fast pitch sb, slow pitch later.

CB3...growing up I played bb & fast pitch sb, slow pitch later.

I have played some slow pitch and it is fun. I respect softball players for their abilities and realize it is a very challenging sport. It just frustrates me a lot that it is a such a pitching centric sport and a team really only needs one, maybe two, pitchers.

I have played some slow pitch and it is fun. I respect softball players for their abilities and realize it is a very challenging sport. It just frustrates me a lot that it is a such a pitching centric sport and a team really only needs one, maybe two, pitchers.

Yeah. Same here. I appreciate their talent, but it's really a completely different game. I love how baseball requires a bunch of people to be really good.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT