ADVERTISEMENT

OT…Who’s winning the Derby?

Fierceness was 3rd at the 1/4 mile. 3rd at the 1/2 mile. Moving for the lead at the 3/4 mile. At the mile it got 5 wide and he was overtaken by the other 4 and that was all she wrote.

I don't know if yall watched this race, but W.T.F. was the jockey of Sierra Leone doing? He not only cost HIS horse the race, but also cost Forever Young the race. All the jockey of Sierra Leone had to do was run straight down the stretch, but instead ran an extra length or more because he angled from wide all the way over to the rail, and made contact with Forever Young multiple times down the stretch.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd think someone made sure Mystic Dan won this race. I've been watching the triple crown since the late 60s, and I've never seen so much contact affect the outcome of a race. Glad I wasn't betting on this one, though I'd have put money on Mystic Dan, Dornoch, and CATalytic if I was at the race.

What do serious horse racing peeps think?

I don't know if yall watched this race, but W.T.F. was the jockey of Sierra Leone doing? He not only cost HIS horse the race, but also cost Forever Young the race. All the jockey of Sierra Leone had to do was run straight down the stretch, but instead ran an extra length or more because he angled from wide all the way over to the rail, and made contact with Forever Young multiple times down the stretch.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd think someone made sure Mystic Dan won this race. I've been watching the triple crown since the late 60s, and I've never seen so much contact affect the outcome of a race. Glad I wasn't betting on this one, though I'd have put money on Mystic Dan, Dornoch, and CATalytic if I was at the race.

Probably no foul due to mutual contact. Both were going at it.

I was waiting for the red light.

Reactions: Girthang
My money is usually on Velazquez. The man can ride. So, Fierceness.

So many great names in this Derby. I usually pick a set by name and a set by stats/look/feel and write em down for fun beforehand. Used to have a pool with the family before they all went on to their rest. Grandparents raised horses in Illinois

Reactions: JPFisher
Yeah lots of contact down the stretch between Sierra Leone and Forever Young. Actually curious why there was no foul called or interference on SL part. Looked like he initiated contact but oh well, my wife picked Mystic Dan tho.

I had $2 to win on Mystik Dan. Having worked almost 21 years in the thoroughbred racing biz I wish I could say it was my skillful handicapping, or even that Kenny McPeek is good friends with my former boss, but I just liked the name.

I had Mystic D.

I drew him out of at a Derby Party $5 pot and said oh damn. We all have those picks that we think don’t have a chance. This was one for me.

McPeek is a fraternity brother of mine. Put $10 on Mystik Dan to win. Winner winner yardbird supper!

IMG-0509.jpg
Superfecta netted over 8k for a buck. Imagine if you put 20 down on that.

I may gripe about the Commonwealth at times, but I don't care where I go, this is HOME. I could be in Paducah, Bowling Green, Lexington, London, Richmond, Ashland, or even Louisville, and I'm home.

If I ever end up somewhere else on this Earth, and pass away, you bring me home to Kentucky to rest.
I agree. Kentucky is my home. Because I am not married and have no kids, I even have a piece of paper that I keep in my purse that says exactly that. If something happens to me anywhere else, bring me home to Kentucky.

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

Reactions: Catfan2226
Multiple here. Happy Chandler singing it always made me a mess.
Yes, the very best I can remember was the last time Happy Chandler sang it on Senior Night. Besides the players, cheerleaders, other workers, PLUS 23,000+ fans in Rupp Arena and not a dry eye in the house!! That's what we've been missing about our basketball team/program...the emotion of loving our school, team and State!!!❤

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

Reactions: CondorCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT