ADVERTISEMENT

Osobor

Zavier is throwing a huge wrench in JFCats and the other social media-addict "insiders" games.

Seinfeld Laughter GIF - Seinfeld Laughter Kramer GIFs

Last edited:
looks like Pope is gonna be a fine recruiter to me. If he’s working this hard and seeing nice results this early…imagine when he really gets his staff together and makes a name for himself. Look out

That's why this year and next are so important for him to set the tone. Similar to Hurley, who got no one for several years.. and is now the place where almost any recruit would want to go to (went toe to toe with Duke for Flagg, but likely got beat out due to $$).

If Pope can build a top25 team the next two years, rattle off a sweet16, maybe an Elite8... that's when recruiting will start to become easier for him and the recruits/transfers will start to line up. They just can't yet, because Pope is fairly unproven and very unknown.

Exactly ! I think Williams and Osobor will both be starters. I've read that Williams (6'10", 265 - 12.2 ppg - 7.8 rpg) is more of a shot-blocker and rim protector. It's my impression that Osobor (6'8", 250 - 17.7 ppg - 9.0 rpg) is supposed to have a much better offensive skill set.
Do they both play close to the basket ??

With the portal, I don't see how a coach can last ten seasons without complete burnout.
Hopefully, this season is unique with needing a complete roster from the portal. I think Pope will start to build this program with multi-year players and select Freshman and only need to find a couple of guys from the portal each year

Do they both play close to the basket ??
I know one write up said that Osobor is a nightmare receiving the pass with his back to the basket. It said that he is so big and strong, has such good feet and can go either way, it is very hard to guard him when he does that. Don't know how good of a shooter he is.

I know one write up said that Osobor is a nightmare receiving the pass with his back to the basket. It said that he is so big and strong, has such good feet and can go either way, it is very hard to guard him when he does that. Don't know how good of a shooter he is.
Of course, when they can't stop you in the post, shooting from the floor becomes a much less significant issue.

Reactions: ATL-CatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT