ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar to have minor procedure on knee

He thinks Cal or someone who matters listens to the population who pedantically bemoan every thing their shallow minds can come up with to complain about and are equally upset about everything that they are.
Absolutely wrong. If you can’t see how Cal has changed in the last 6 months, well…

You know who does have listen to fans to a degree (and thus ticket sales?). The AD.

Reactions: Fox2monk
No, it’s not the only surgery that makes logical sense. There are 10+ other surgeries that make a whole lot more sense. Could it be meniscus? Sure. But your go to “because it’s the most logical” is certainly wrong, and not at all the most logical..
If it is a knee surgery…(not procedure) then a debridement (I.e. cleaning up the loose pieces) is the most likely option that falls under “minor surgery”. Draining fluid is not a surgery..

If the debridement was on a ligament then the staff would not have let him go on a weakened ligament for fear of it creating a larger issue. Then letting him play on it suggest it is something that raises the odds of a major injury by playing on it and just causes discomfort. Logically it is something revolving to around cartilage if “surgery” is an accurate report. If “procedure” is accurate then it opens up the realm to minor minor options.

Could be torn meniscus. Sometimes that can take 4 to 6 weeks recovery for return to athletics. Hopefully not that.
I had mine repaired back in 2019 without PT.. Dealt with it about 8 years before got the knife.. I was walking fine in a couple days,, stayed sore about a week at most.. Took 2 days off work underground although crawling was fine.. I don't play sports anymore so couldn't say how long it'd take an athlete to get back to 100%..

That in no way is minor surgery.

Cal reporting injuries early basically saying he’s seen him?

I think Cal got his ass handed to him over the summer. He seems awful different here lately. and it’s for the better
Going 9-16 and losing in the first round as a one seed tends to do that to ya. That’s a good thing! I like how Cal has been since that.

That in no way is minor surgery.

Cal reporting injuries early basically saying he’s seen him?

I think Cal got his ass handed to him over the summer. He seems awful different here lately. and it’s for the better
Yeah, the whole "could be a torn meniscus" comment came out of nowhere. Cal said it's a 15-minute "procedure." Torn meniscus requires an hour-long surgery. I won't blindly speculate about the procedure because I don't know what it is, but it isn't a torn meniscus. Read the article again. If he had a torn meniscus, "balling out for pro day" would have been out of the question. This is clearly not serious, whatever it is. 🙄

Yeah, the whole "could be a torn meniscus" comment came out of nowhere. Cal said it's a 15-minute "procedure." Torn meniscus requires an hour-long surgery. I won't blindly speculate about the procedure because I don't know what it is, but it isn't a torn meniscus. Read the article again. If he had a torn meniscus, "balling out for pro day" would have been out of the question. This is clearly not serious, whatever it is. 🙄

Isn't a 15 minute knee deal just draining some fluid?

Joint aspiration is a procedure to remove fluid from the space around a joint using a needle and syringe. This is usually done under a local anesthetic to relieve swelling and/or to obtain fluid for analysis to diagnose a joint disorder or problem. Joint aspiration is most often done on the knee.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Noticed that he was wearing a knee brace of some type in the video of Pro Day. You guys know that get the best treatment there is at UK. He will be fine.

Absolutely wrong. If you can’t see how Cal has changed in the last 6 months, well…

You know who does have listen to fans to a degree (and thus ticket sales?). The AD.
I am sure Cal made changes due to reading this board and not because he wants to win.

• Haha
I am sure Cal made changes due to reading this board and not because he wants to win.
Yes, the collective wisdom of this board and all the wonderful support he finds here is what changed his heart. If it weren't for this board, Oscar and Toppin would have left for sure. Wheeler would have transferred. The entire team would have imploded, in fact. It's all because of the support of this board that Cal himself did not leave, in fact. The encouragement from so many here, the personal notes and calls, the social media interactions, all the positivity. I mean, with this kind of support, who would go anywhere else? 🤣

If it is a knee surgery…(not procedure) then a debridement (I.e. cleaning up the loose pieces) is the most likely option that falls under “minor surgery”. Draining fluid is not a surgery..

If the debridement was on a ligament then the staff would not have let him go on a weakened ligament for fear of it creating a larger issue. Then letting him play on it suggest it is something that raises the odds of a major injury by playing on it and just causes discomfort. Logically it is something revolving to around cartilage if “surgery” is an accurate report. If “procedure” is accurate then it opens up the realm to minor minor options

Maybe you missed it, but I never mentioned fluid draining. My comment was that it could be something as simple as some kind of arthroscopic surgery to remove scar tissue (debrisment) or bone spurs, which both fit the narrative of a minor 15 minute surgery. I even specifically mentioned that it could be a minor minescus surgery which you apparently skipped over just to try to argue?

I had severe bone spurs in my shoulder and the surgery + exploratory surgery on my labrum took 12 minutes so if you’re too lazy to google, I can tell you from experience that it is indeed a minor surgery and it is indeed a rather quick one.

Reactions: kelzer
I tore the ACL in my left knee years ago and didn’t know it. The doctor said it was a gradual tear over time. I don’t have an ACL in that knee now and haven’t for a long time. I never had surgery for it. I played basketball on it that way for years.

Bc it’s one of the most common injuries in the knee and essentially the only one where you’d still be able to run, ride a bike, etc. so it’s the only “surgery” that makes logical sense

If it’s just a meniscus debridement then he should be back by mid Nov absent of any complications in recovery
This is my thought too. Probably a small meniscus tear that only requires debridement. If he can keep his quads strong pre-operatively, he should have a short rehab before RTP.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Not to mention, better now than March. Maybe someone gets a bit more court time while Oscar gets solidly back on his feet.

15 minute procedure is usually something as simple as arthroscopic surgery to clean out scar tissue, bone spurs, etc.. Could be more, but in the long term, chances are it means absolutely nothing. No need to overreact (Mr. “torn meniscus” claiming man)
This.

Reactions: westerncat
The only procedure I ever saw done in 15 minutes at a hospital is writing your bill! lol

Update:
The Herald-Leader was told Friday that Tshiebwe underwent a successful procedure on his knee Thursday and is not expected to play at all during the Wildcats’ preseason schedule as a precaution. That would rule him out for next weekend’s Blue-White Game in Pikeville, as well as the Cats’ two exhibition games, set for Oct. 30 and Nov. 3 in Lexington. TOP ARTICLES Friday Night Lights: Live high school football updates and broadcast links Barring any unforeseen setbacks, Tshiebwe is planning to be ready to go for Kentucky’s season opener Nov. 7 against Howard University in Rupp Arena.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article267204952.html#storylink=cpy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT