ADVERTISEMENT

*Oscar CAN return to UK If he goes undrafted

I hear ya but we honestly don't know. The new player dev guy seems really high on him and Thiero.
These PD guy is an nba guy who develops over period of time. Being ready to a run in cbb ready I don’t think he has the insight to offer that. You don’t fix ugo and Thieros problems in an off-season. It will take a full season of playing major minutes before they make any jump. Hell there were people who though lance ware was gonna become a dominant player last year same with many of our guys. Until they play D1 high major competition you can’t even evaluate them. Not to mention why are we buying sunshine pumping from our staff?

Varying word on whether or not they could come back. Some on twitter saying people are misinterpreting the rule and that they can't. Not that I think it'll matter in the end.

Oscar comes back, Bradshaw never "heals" because of it, becomes Sharpe 2.0. Heads explode!!!
What if?? Lol

So, if you can sign with a team and make x amount of dollars guaranteed and its better than your NIL earnings then you keep the contract. If NIL is more than what you might get with an NBA team then go back to college. Unless, ofc, you just don't want to go back to college.

This guy is wrong

There is even a date they must inform the AD of their intent to return
The article is wrong. Here is the NCAA memo sent to college teams.

No, he can not return even if undrafted. He must meet these conditions to return and he does not meet 2 of the conditions .

Information Regarding the 2023 National Basketball Association Draft and Combine, Agents and Workouts.

Everyone is getting confused about the rule change that undrafted players can return but it does not go into effect until the NBA CBA allows 18 year olds and keeps NBA teams from signing undrafted players until after the next college basketball season ends.

Imagine if Oscar could come back and then in January or February a NBA team signs him and he leaves UK.

NBA draft flexibility​

College basketball players who request an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participate in the NBA combine and aren’t drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft.

This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season.

Question No. 1: Is a student-athlete allowed to enter the NBA Draft prior to exhausting NCAA eligibility4 (i.e., NBA early entry candidate) and subsequently return to school?

Answer: YES!

A student-athlete may enter a professional basketball league’s draft without jeopardizing his collegiate eligibility, provided:

a. He requests an evaluation from the NBA’s Undergraduate Advisory Committee before entering the draft;

b. He withdraws his name from the NBA Draft not later than 10 days after the conclusion of the NBA Draft combine;

c. He declares his intention to resume intercollegiate participation not later than 10 days after the conclusion of the NBA Draft combine. This declaration must be in writing to his director of athletics
; and

d. He is not drafted by any team.5

5 Under NBA rules, an NBA team may not draft a player who withdraws his name from the NBA Draft in a timely fashion, provided such player has not previously withdrawn from the NBA Draft more than twice. If a player enters the NBA Draft for a third time as an Early Entry player, he is not permitted under NBA rules to withdraw from the Draft. Further, if he remains in the Draft and is not drafted by any team, he will be considered a free agent (eligible to sign with any NBA team at any time) under NBA rules and will not be allowed to enter another NBA Draft in the future.

It's all good, brother. Plus, you just vaulted yourself to my top 5 because of the cool way your responded. Thank you for being a good man.
Hey man, I'm married. I'm completely accustomed to being wrong, being called out for it, and then admitting it while tucking my tail between my legs. A smarter man would learn to keep his mouth shut, but now you can see what my wife sees on the reg. I'm just not very smart. Thanks for being kind about it all.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
So, if you can sign with a team and make x amount of dollars guaranteed and its better than your NIL earnings then you keep the contract. If NIL is more than what you might get with an NBA team then go back to college. Unless, ofc, you just don't want to go back to college.
Can you also negotiate only taking 3-6 hours of classes to go along with your stipend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT