ADVERTISEMENT

*Oscar CAN return to UK If he goes undrafted

You obviously know nothing about the NBA.
Here's all there is to know...

TartInbornIzuthrush-max-1mb.gif

If Oscar can return he should be welcomed with open arms. I doubt he can return even if undrafted. I think it's a moot point as I see him being drafted.

I love Oscar but I think Cal would fall back on him like he has the past two years. I don't think with the way this team is constructed that it would be a beneficial/good style of play. Also, he is limited defensively and Cal won't play a zone so there ya go.

It is Oscar's liabilities and Cals stubbornness.

JMHO
It's mostly Cal's inadequacies.

It's pretty obvious Oscar is done with college.

At best he's a late 2nd round target, but with the amount of pre-draft workouts he did the odds are he already has a team with an unofficial UDFA contract on the table.

In that case, his agent will tell teams in the mid/late 2nd round to not draft him, which is very common in the 2nd round outside of the top few picks so guys can go sign where they want to, and in most scenarios, get a better UDFA contract than the typical mid/late 2nd round contract would be.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I hear ya but we honestly don't know. The new player dev guy seems really high on him and Thiero.
Ugo has potential but I don’t think his teammates would trash him. Ugo needs to be in a enhanced version of lances role next year. 12-15 mins and if progresses give him more unless they get somto then have ugo 20 mins and somto 10-12. The wets Virginia the rest of this week will be interesting to watch

Would be shocked if some team in the 2nd Round doesn't snag him. Not even considering this a possibly right now unless the event does happen. Could always sign as an undrafted free agent or go overseas.

Ugo has potential but I don’t think his teammates would trash him. Ugo needs to be in a enhanced version of lances role next year. 12-15 mins and if progresses give him more unless they get somto then have ugo 20 mins and somto 10-12. The wets Virginia the rest of this week will be interesting to watch

Is there talk of us looking at the Syracuse kid?

That's not true. In Oscar's case, he would be out of school and not have to sit out or play somewhere else. He'd be eligible to enter the draft again.
if he goes undrafted he is a free agent and can do what he wants
if he wants to re-enter the draft he has to sit a year
he could also go back to school (the rules i read are a little cloudy on that)

honestly we are talking about a moot point
Oscar is going to play pro ball somewhere

Where's that reject of a poster, @Eagles_Ball , who said I was clueless when I asked this question in the other thread?
He'll never see that you tagged him because he probably has 10 other sock accounts. This guy's account is 20 years old and he barely has 300 messages. Strong smell of a troll with this one.

Cal used to be very good. His last three years are inexcusable in having absolutely NO hardware and disappointing offseasons.
'21 was awful. '22 was a 2 seed. Really good season. Oscar POY. Good times! '23 over rated players, no point guard but over achieved. Number 1 class by a mile for next year. We haven't had UK caliber players for 3 seasons. Now that's been corrected. Maybe "inexcusable" to you?

So you have a choice, continue to wallow in misery or a UK fan looking forward. Personally, my choice is the latter.

Reactions: 1STSergeant
'21 was awful. '22 was a 2 seed. Really good season. Oscar POY. Good times! '23 over rated players, no point guard but over achieved. Number 1 class by a mile for next year. We haven't had UK caliber players for 3 seasons. Now that's been corrected. Maybe "inexcusable" to you?

So you have a choice, continue to wallow in misery or a UK fan looking forward. Personally, my choice is the latter.
UK's worst tourney loss in 40 years is pretty inexcusable

Getting Oscar back vaults us into the preseason top 3.
I agree with your statement, I just don't see it happening.

First he has to go undrafted. Then he has to not sign with a team. His draft expectations weren't high. I think he's happy with the lowest end of his range of outcomes.

Draft projections have long been 2nd round to undrafted. He went into the draft with that info.

UK wanted him back. He was set to make more money at UK via NIL than he could via the NBA. Knowing the low draft expectations, he shunned the NIL money and went towards the NBA light.

He obviously wants to be drafted. But IIRC, you get a better deal by going undrafted as compared to going 2nd round. So if you're ok going 2nd round--you'd certainly be ok signing as a UFDA and getting more money.

Nothing about last year was overachieved, everyone thought that team was F4 caliber and after the summer games we all thought it was legit an insane squad. Started out #2 and played like a round of 32 team all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
Right. Over 800 wins. In the HoF. Every school he coaches he takes to the FF. When Cal's days are done here I hope get another inadequate coach just like him.
He 'used ta could' for sure. Or at least his teams could. Now he doesn't care. No effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT