ADVERTISEMENT

Opinions on Bradshaw now

Can be play the four. Was better than I was expecting
Could be our four. But that takes away a lot of his shot blocking ability. I think Cal will use him as the 4 or 5. The NBA will use him as a 5. Unfortunately he doesn’t even have the ball handling ability of keion Brooks and certainly not Toppin. But he will defend that rim.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Here is how I breakdown Bradshaw (and I am probably less positive on him than others)

1. He will be a plus shot blocker at the 4 or 5
2. I think he could be a solid rebounder....but he is so slight of build. I just don't know how to feel when physical paint players in college are banging. Will his motor withstand with his slight build.
3. He's a bit better face up shooter. But I don't see him hitting many 3pters as a stretch 4.
4. He has no handles at all....that will inhibit him at the 4 IMO...and push him more to the 5
5. Defense is the key.....can he guard pick and rolls. He's played his life in the paint...I think the ability is there but adjusting to guarding at the 3pt line will prove to be worth watching for

I like Bradshaw but not sure I love him. If he is a 1 and done...I think he hurts more than he helps college team. But if he's apt to stick multi years I can get on board with that. Cal history is we'll get all his warts and few of his best games and then he's gone.

Guy looked good on his shots. Very good free throw shooter. Gets off the floor good. Hope he just keeps working they say his game is improving.

With the slight bodies coming in, wonder how the will stand to a full college slate? We haven’t been great when players get injured.

Reactions: K_TIME
Here is how I breakdown Bradshaw (and I am probably less positive on him than others)

2. I think he could be a solid rebounder....but he is so slight of build. I just don't know how to feel when physical paint players in college are banging. Will his motor withstand with his slight build.
3. He's a bit better face up shooter. But I don't see him hitting many 3pters as a stretch 4.
4. He has no handles at all....that will inhibit him at the 4 IMO...and push him more to the 5
5. Defense is the key.....can he guard pick and rolls. He's played his life in the paint...I think the ability is there but adjusting to guarding at the 3pt line will prove to be worth watching for

I like Bradshaw but not sure I love him. If he is a 1 and done...I think he hurts more than he helps college team. But if he's apt to stick multi years I can get on board with that. Cal history is we'll get all his warts and few of his best games and then he's gone.
I would almost guarantee he will leave after next year. I was pleasantly surprised by his shot. Definitely think he needs a little more strength he might not of his his man spurt yet.

With the slight bodies coming in, wonder how the will stand to a full college slate? We haven’t been great when players get injured.
Seems like we get hurt no matter what size we are. Seems like we have other guys dive into our guys knees a lot. Ty Ty and Oscar had guys just dive into them not sure if on purpose or not!!

Uhhh yeah Bradshaw is one and done

Here are my thoughts on Bradshaw after watching him this summer, sparingly at Camden, and again last night.

-Legit 7 footer. So many heights are exaggerated in basketball, not this one.
-He’s not the athletic, deer like 7 footer(think WCS or Lively) but he’s also not the slow plodding 7 footer.
-Legitimate shooting touch for a big.
-Has more value offensively spreading the floor, playing more in the mid range or distance.
-Defensively you want him right by the basket. Just doesn’t have great quickness if he gets forced outside.

I do not expect him at UK more than one year. That size and shooting ability combined with a top 5-10 HS ranking will force him out the door.

The whole can he play the 4 question, I would say yes offensively and no defensively.

I like his commentary during basketball games as Dane seems to have good insight.

• Haha
Reactions: ala_kat2
He fought inside for rebounds a lot better than I thought he would and ended up with a hard fought 8 boards. And between the live scrimmage and the game I think he went 15-18 from the free throw line showing 1) he has great touch and 2) he has a knack for drawing fouls.

He'll never be an Oscart or a Reid Travis but if we can get him to about 225-230lbs (currently listed between 207 and 215) I think we can work with that as well as getting shots off easier in the lane. The announcers made a comment in the first half when he got fouled going up on an offensive rebound where he would be taught at UK to not bring the ball down low and just go up for the dunk/and 1 as opposed to bringing it down and getting stripped.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Bradshaw and Onyenso would be a modern version (inside) of a favorite team, 1978. Mike Phillips and Rick Robey.

Reactions: jameslee32
Isaiah Jackson type player is what he seems. Gonna struggle out the gate especially with fouls then when he begins to get it season over he gone

I want him to play the 5 and float around the perimeter, run the pick and pop, catch lobs. Block shots. We’re screwed if Cal parks him on the block. Clearly not his game.

Rebounding against other High Schoolers is one thing. When watching I like the guy. The only thing is if Oscar was in there rebounding he would knock him down breaking wind. Kid would fly off the floor. He is so slight in his lower body he will not be able to hold position against most our competition. I hope they can get him here and started on building his lower frame. He also seems to be a little weak in the hands. Hope he is much different by September (body wise). I feel he will beat guys down the floor for some dunks.

Reactions: csjones240
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT