ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Day 2018...

Can of corn for Hjelle in the second. Threw first pitch strikes on all three batters and got a strikeout and a couple of ground outs, one to Dawson and one to Cottam. UKBaseball's twitter says that Hjelle has thrown 18 pitches and 14 of them for strikes.

That’s not fair

Pompey with the HOME RUN!!! I was about to say that he looked like had put on some good weight, and he takes an early pitch in the inning and sends it to left center on a line drive. That thing got out of here in a hurry!

4-0 UK in the top of the third.

CBK.. you were talking about that shot Heyer hit. Remember the one Strieby hit at Vandy in 06’

Becker also looking thicker, but he goes down on strikes. Aklinski does not exactly look to me like he's a gold glove centerfielder. Kind of looks more like a catcher. He chopped out to third, kind of tripped out of the box. Collette also grounded out to second. Would love to see him start seeing some find the outfield.

Trey Dawson and Cottam team up for a beautiful defensive play as Dawson goes deep in the hole and makes a long throw that Cottam stretches for to get the second out.

I suppose we need to consolidate our game threads. We seem to be the only two in this one. lol

Apparently is still enrolled on school but not on the active roster. I doubt you'll see him return to the team.

Highly unlikely. Reading the Twitter leaves (which mean little), it sounds like he feels like he was lied to. Not sure if it's baseball related, but was posted a couple days ago. I really hope these coaches didn't wait until less than a week before the season to cut him. I'm afraid that is what happened though.

Highly unlikely. Reading the Twitter leaves (which mean little), it sounds like he feels like he was lied to. Not sure if it's baseball related, but was posted a couple days ago. I really hope these coaches didn't wait until less than a week before the season to cut him. I'm afraid that is what happened though.

I am pretty sure it is a family issue I was just curious if anyone heard anything else. Family (Mom) is going through a rough battle. Hoping he is just taking time off to support her and not just leave school.

I saw that twitter message too. It has since been deleted. He was suspended along with another former player for the Fall World Series. I hope the best for him.

ADVERTISEMENT