ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Day 2018...

Apr 9, 2016
is here, looking forward to this UK baseball season with high expectations. The job Coach Minge did last season was remarkable.
Don't think the Cats will start off 0-4 like they did last year, but really got it going after that.Do not know a lot about Wofford, but they are usually pretty competitive.
Looking forward to seeing all the new guys, and what they bring to the table ...... GO CATS !!!

This is from D1baseball conference previews. Just for information.

Wofford has a chance to make some noise in the SoCon after their 13-11 conference record last spring. The Terriers lineup is led by right fielder McClain Bradley (.365/.437/.606). He led the team a year ago in batting, runs scored (48), doubles (15) and steals (17) despite only playing in 43 of the team’s 58 games. Max McDougald (.311/.371/.377) returns to play third base and Reed Massey (.297/.344/.451) is back at second base. Brent Rodriguez (.293/.427/.414) will be the DH and Cody Miller (.282/.373/.621), who hit 10 home runs last year, will catch. Andrew Orzel (.265/.339/.337) will step in at first base while Mack Nathanson (.254/.366/.508) is the leading returning power threat with 12. Nathanson will play right field. Alex Malsch (.237/.324/.289) is the shortstop. The pitching staff is a bit of a question as it suffered heavy losses. Adam Scott (6-6, 4.92) and Austin Higginbotham (6-5, 4.88) will lead the rotation.

This is from D1baseball conference previews. Just for information.

Wofford has a chance to make some noise in the SoCon after their 13-11 conference record last spring. The Terriers lineup is led by right fielder McClain Bradley (.365/.437/.606). He led the team a year ago in batting, runs scored (48), doubles (15) and steals (17) despite only playing in 43 of the team’s 58 games. Max McDougald (.311/.371/.377) returns to play third base and Reed Massey (.297/.344/.451) is back at second base. Brent Rodriguez (.293/.427/.414) will be the DH and Cody Miller (.282/.373/.621), who hit 10 home runs last year, will catch. Andrew Orzel (.265/.339/.337) will step in at first base while Mack Nathanson (.254/.366/.508) is the leading returning power threat with 12. Nathanson will play right field. Alex Malsch (.237/.324/.289) is the shortstop. The pitching staff is a bit of a question as it suffered heavy losses. Adam Scott (6-6, 4.92) and Austin Higginbotham (6-5, 4.88) will lead the rotation.
Sounds like Wofford will be a pretty good opponent today, hope Hjelle is on and our bats are hot. Looking forward to watching the game on the Socon network... Go Cats !

Just thinking of past years on this board, there weren't a whole lot of regulars. There was a poster, UK/VT, who always had some good posts. Haven't seen him post anything in quite a while, anyone know anything about him, sure hope he is all right.

Just thinking of past years on this board, there weren't a whole lot of regulars. There was a poster, UK/VT, who always had some good posts. Haven't seen him post anything in quite a while, anyone know anything about him, sure hope he is all right.
I remember him, he was a good poster. I haven't seen him post anything in a long time, come to think of it.

I think he is still around. It's hard to keep up. We've really boosted our numbers and the staff has really increased their coverage. Glad for both.
I can't get enough college baseball and it has always been so hard to get the amount of information I like or to have people to talk it with. Stoped by here since the start but it is so much better with good info coming in and more people to talk with.

I think he is still around. It's hard to keep up. We've really boosted our numbers and the staff has really increased their coverage. Glad for both.

Coverage has definitely gotten better. I vaguely remember reading an article last year saying that college baseball was the fastest growing college sport.

I use to post quite a lot on this board and had great conversations over the years. But, that handle has since been banned.

To CBK3, BDC, AB and all of the other diehard UK ⚾️ fans on this board, this is the opening day we've waited for our whole lives. UK baseball has a legitimate chance to make it to Omaha! Words can't express what I feel for this day to come. All I ever want with my teams is to have a chance. And a chance is all you can ask for! #OMAHA18 #BBN

To CBK3, BDC, AB and all of the other diehard UK ⚾️ fans on this board, this is the opening day we've waited for our whole lives. UK baseball has a legitimate chance to make it to Omaha! Words can't express what I feel for this day to come. All I ever want with my teams is to have a chance. And a chance is all you can ask for! #OMAHA18 #BBN

I am just excited that Kentucky is going to be pretty competitive. We finally have a coach that is going to help us to be competitive and turn UK baseball into something that we all knew that it could be.

With potentially a top 5 pitching staff in all of college baseball, this season could be special. Let’s go!!!

I am not having much luck with the SoCon website. It keeps wanting me to install Adobe Flash... which should be installed. So, not sure what is up with that.

I have him on audio. So far he hasn’t been bad. I’m waiting for him to start falling asleep and rambling on

Pretty clean inning for both teams. Need to make their starter work a bit more here in the second inning.

I couldn’t imagine facing a pitcher of his size. That has to be intimidating as a hitter

I have him on audio. So far he hasn’t been bad. I’m waiting for him to start falling asleep and rambling on
Yea, I would listen to him and watch the video feed, but he is at least a hitter ahead of the video feed, so it makes it hard to do both. Don't think there is any way to slow the audio feed down, so I am just going to roll with the Wofford announcer. He isn't terrible.

Reactions: Washed_Up2
Nice inning here even if we don't scratch. Full count walk by Cottam with one out. Shinn over Johnson is a bit of a surprise.

Another full count for Shinn. Good patience this inning and a lot of battling. Goes down on strikes, but he made him throw 6+. I like that we are facing a guy that pitched in the Cape Cod league this past summer in our first game. Squires takes one off the elbow protector to get our first HBP of the season.

HEYER WITH THE FIRST ROUND TRIPPER!!!!! 3-0 UK!!!!

For those not watching the video feed, this is a big fence out there all across the yard. Not sure the dimensions, but it is a very tall fence out there.

Dimensions of the Wofford stadium are 325 in left and right, 375 in left and right center, and 390 straight away. Heyer hit it to right center where it cleared easily.

For those not watching the video feed, this is a big fence out there all across the yard. Not sure the dimensions, but it is a very tall fence out there.

Dimensions of the Wofford stadium are 325 in left and right, 375 in left and right center, and 390 straight away. Heyer hit it to right center where it cleared easily.

That’s a good shot then

Jellyman gets his first strikeout of the year! Not sure how many first pitch strikes he is getting, but it looks to be a lot.

Ohh yea, Washed... he cranked it.

Wofford radio man made a couple great points... we're getting 75 percent of our wins back from a year ago. This time last year we had one pitcher who had just once SEC start, and he was actually our worst starter from a year ago.

Can of corn for Hjelle in the second. Threw first pitch strikes on all three batters and got a strikeout and a couple of ground outs, one to Dawson and one to Cottam. UKBaseball's twitter says that Hjelle has thrown 18 pitches and 14 of them for strikes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT