ADVERTISEMENT

Onyenso Bad Tonight

thedahc

Freshman
Aug 3, 2006
Has been beat defensively multiple times and bullied in the paint. If he is not defending, he can't be out there because of his offensive limitations. Ugh

He has let guys shoot over him without his arms up or jumping and he just watched that ball tip out roll away from him, didn’t try to dive for it. I can excuse some stuff but man he is just not giving the type of effort needed.

Ugo might as well have been in the stands this game. He was a complete spectator. How damn disgusting is it to be that big and can’t make a play there to end the game. Transfer after the year and let your handlers take over, I don’t want to watch you anymore.

Why he gives an angle instead of squaring up on defense was puzzling. He allowed guys to back him to the rim and shoot off backboard vs. getting between shot and rim and shooting over him. A terrible game from him mentally.

But but but but but … I told you guys . You laughed when he had that all world 10 blocked shots .

He's inconsistent to put it mildly. Needing him to play more than 15-20 good minutes any time we play a team with a pulse inside, is setting ourselves up for disaster. He can't be one of our best 5. He just can't be.

On offense he is so limited his man can just roam around and not worry about him

Has zero feel and awareness for where he should be most of the time defensively. Just inexplicably leaves his guy alone at the rim for a lob or layup 4-5 times every single game. It's maddening to watch.

He was horrible. But what other options do they have? Bradshaw is soft as baby butter. Z isn't ready for American ball.

Has been beat defensively multiple times and bullied in the paint. If he is not defending, he can't be out there because of his offensive limitations. Ugh
I've been saying this and begging for Z. At least he rebounds and scores. But when he plays well, I get attacked on here. He is so inconsistent and can't grab a rebound to save his life.🤡

Where's all his big supporters now? Questioning if he's better than Noel.🤣

The only thing worse than ugo and wagner tonight was cal playing bradshaw and edwards with them lol

COACHING MALPRACTICE

Last edited:
Ugo has been a dependable defender most games for the last 3-4 weeks. He struggled against Gonzaga. But, he really disappeared tonight.

Z looks completely lost on defense, but he is a threat on offense. We got very little from that position tonight.

I can’t believe there were fans at the end of last season that did not want Oscar back. This team needs Oscar so badly. We cannot hold our ground on the interior, can’t guard a pick and roll, and can’t rebound.

Oscar was only a liability on the pick and roll. He was phenomenal at holding his ground and rebounding

I've been saying this and begging for Z. At least he rebounds and scores. But when he plays well, I get attacked on here. He is so inconsistent and can't grab a rebound to save his life.🤡

Where's all his big supporters now? Questioning if he's better than Noel.🤣
I was undecided, but I have decided now, please accept me into Team Z

I can’t believe there were fans at the end of last season that did not want Oscar back. This team needs Oscar so badly. We cannot hold our ground on the interior, can’t guard a pick and roll, and can’t rebound.

Oscar was only a liability on the pick and roll. He was phenomenal at holding his ground and rebounding
Cal needs all the help he can get.

he was fine early and was getting blocks and keeping the ball alive on the offensive glass. he was also rotating well. he absolutely had nothing left before the half ended. you could see it. he played huge minutes against auburn. reeves too was gassed down the stretch.

Reactions: bIhawk and jof2
But but but but but … I told you guys . You laughed when he had that all world 10 blocked shots .
Are you claiming he didn’t have a good game then? Or really the past month he’s been good. Sure man you’re a profit if that’s what you want.

This one was god awful. I blame our coach for playing him so many minutes after it was obvious he wasn’t doing anything

Are you claiming he didn’t have a good game then? Or really the past month he’s been good. Sure man you’re a profit if that’s what you want.

This one was god awful. I blame our coach for playing him so many minutes after it was obvious he wasn’t doing anything
My answer would be the 10 block game was 1 game .. yeah he was good . No doubt . But he’s not the kind of starter that gets big minutes on a final four team , and this team had that potential , but not with him playing big minutes . He’s lost as a ball in tall weeds a lot of the time . No feel for the game at all .

Rebounds and offensive skill. I want that because it is the opposite of Onyenso
we don’t average 88 points a game because of our frontcourt scoring. onyenso gives us what we lack. he doesn’t lack what we need. he just had an off night.

he was fine early and was getting blocks and keeping the ball alive on the offensive glass. he was also rotating well. he absolutely had nothing left before the half ended. you could see it. he played huge minutes against auburn. reeves too was gassed down the stretch.
Getting blocks? He had 1 block the whole game

When was he getting blocks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT