ADVERTISEMENT

On another negative note

sambowieshin

All-American
Nov 27, 2009
Anyone else at the game think the pregame show and in game music was lame as hell??
Auburn has War Eagle, FL State has the chief/spear, Oklahoma has the wagon, etc.
We have My Old Ky Home and a twangy country singer wailing to a Ky landscape video.
Slow, boring, uninspiring and lame.
Way too much GnR and 80s rock played during the game as well this year. I love that music but that sounds like Glen Miller to the players and students.
The whole pregame show needs to be scrapped and injected with some creativity and excitement.
Maybe a jockey on a horse with the call to the post? Anything would be better.

Last edited:
I love the Marching Band. Especially the Piccolo section where my only daughter plays and does an amazing job. They kick ass!
Didn't say anything negative about the band. They did some cool songs at halftime. I love college bands.
But My Old Ky Home should be played after the game not as a pregame show imo. It is slow and boring as hell.
It's the song selection...not the band.

Twangy country singer singing some song?

I think its awesome but only if we're going to be physical. I don't want to hear that famous song if we're just going to come out and get physically dominated. Until we get our issues fixed, they dont deserve that song. Make them come out to kpop or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Dncmaxwell
I was there yesterday unfortunately setting in West Endzone where the only speakers in the stadium work. The music is extremely loud on that end why not put the students on that end and put the older fans at other end? Why not flip the TV cameras to the other side of field so it shows the press box side with full seats of UK fans and beautiful press box than showing empty corners and other teams fans? I agree My Old Ky Home should be played after wins only and the Patty Loveless depressing crap needs to be cut

I thought they had a dj on the field, same one that's in rupp

Also thought they were past the ac/DC stuff...guess they went back to it if we're going to be back to how we were as a program

Reactions: sambowieshin
Twangy country singer singing some song?

I think its awesome but only if we're going to be physical. I don't want to hear that famous song if we're just going to come out and get physically dominated. Until we get our issues fixed, they dont deserve that song. Make them come out to kpop or something.
I absolutely love that kind of music.... But not for an intro video for a football game. Just don't see how that kind of pregame show makes recruits wanna be a part of that or even fire up a crowd.

Anyone else at the game think the pregame show and in game music was lame as hell??
Auburn has War Eagle, FL State has the chief/spear, Oklahoma has the wagon, etc.
We have My Old Ky Home and a twangy country singer wailing to a Ky rolling hills landscape video.
Way too much GnR and 80s rock played during the game as well this year. I love that music but that sounds like Glen Miller to the players and students.
The whole pregame show needs to be scrapped and injected with some creativity and excitement.
Mitch has done good things for UK but atmosphere isn't that important to him I suspect. I think whenever Barnhart retires and we have a fresh face in that seat there will be more changes in those next few years than there have been the previous 10 years.

I thought they had a dj on the field, same one that's in rupp

Also thought they were past the ac/DC stuff...guess they went back to it if we're going to be back to how we were as a program
There was a noticable increase in that 80s rock genre of music compared to the previous years. Like I said.... I personally like it....but the players on the field sure didn't seem excited by it vs other hip hop tunes. Not saying it caused the players to play uninspiring football but it sure can't be helping either.

If they played better music we would have won for sure.
You're missing the whole point. It's about the game experience and vibe as a spectator. Never said it caused the poor play but it's a symptom of a larger problem.
It's an out of touch athletic director that thinks songs from the 1800s played by the band and 80s classic rock is what the players and crowd wanna hear to get them excited/fired up for a home game.
It's 24 inch TV's at the concession stands when you could put up 70 inch TV's for 400 bucks a pop.
It's paint peeling off the metal girders that needed to be repaired 5 years ago.
It's seat backs that are so uncomfortable that everyone around me were ripping the back padding off and sitting on it.
It's a pregame show that makes you wanna take a nap.
It's an out of touch, clueless, lazy, unimaginative athletic director that doesn't see the importance of detail and a second to none game day experience.

Last edited:
We have My Old Ky Home and a twangy country singer wailing to a Ky rolling hills landscape video.
Said it forever. You either need tk have a KY Colonel ride around the field on horseback and deliver the game ball.

Ppl complain “we are wildcats not thoroughbreds or colonels”. But almost every SEC team has a tradition that doesn’t align w their actual name. War eagle-Tigers; crimson tide-elephant.

We are the State’s team…a Kentucky Colonel is culturally significant to the state and wouldn’t be far fetched to include in a pregame ceremony. Maybe riding the state flag and UK flag around the stadiums ending in centerfield to deliver the game ball…transitions directly into “my old KY home” while the colonel is at center field and trotting one final lap around and exits….

I also think Moby’s - Bittersweet Symphony should be out version of enter sandman or Sandstorm as the pregame team entrance and 1Q kickoff hype music with the light show. Play WakaFlocka- GSP at the start of the 3rd or 4th

Moby- Bittersweet symphony is edm/house music that will last the test of time same as enter sandman (VaTech) and Sandstorm (S.Car). Grove street party is fun but it isn’t a “classic sound”. It’s better suited for the start of the 3rd/4th or random TV timeout breaks in play tk keep the crowd up. Like “jump around”. Plus, Moby’s version of Bittersweet Symphony has already been used for decades with our basketball program so it unites the front and makes it branded and easily recognized as “the Kentucky intro song”. Same as ppl associate Sandstorm w S.Carolina

Call me what you will but none of that spectacle means a thing to me. Makes the whole thing look like a WWE wannabe. Good football on the field is what I want to see, not the window dressing.

I’m aware this may be a minority view

Reactions: UKdondee
Didn't say anything negative about the band. They did some cool songs at halftime. I love college bands.
But My Old Ky Home should be played after the game not as a pregame show imo. It is slow and boring as hell.
It's the song selection...not the band.
Oh yeah brother, I wasn’t trying to call you out. I’m right with you. Just wanted to give a shout out to my kid!!

Oh yeah brother, I wasn’t trying to call you out. I’m right with you. Just wanted to give a shout out to my kid!!
And I want to be clear I wasn't bashing the band at all. Love the band. Loved their halftime show. College bands are one of the traditions that makes college football great.
I was only referring to one song and it's timing as the pregame show.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
If this is your issue, do yourself a favor and take a walk with your wife, read a good book, take a nap. Just don’t post here.

We need some screamo blasting like hell and offer unlimited free bourbon shots to everyone one hour before game time so that half the stadium is angry and pissed. Throw in a mosh pit and mud wresting with hefty chicks, maybe unleash some real wildcats into the visitors section fifteen minutes before the kick when everyone is seated. Just throwing it out there.

You're missing the whole point. It's about the game experience and vibe as a spectator. Never said it caused the poor play but it's a symptom of a larger problem.
It's an out of touch athletic director that thinks songs from the 1800s played by the band and 80s classic rock is what the players and crowd wanna hear to get them excited/fired up for a home game.
It's 24 inch TV's at the concession stands when you could put up 70 inch TV's for 400 bucks a pop.
It's paint peeling off the metal girders that needed to be repaired 5 years ago.
It's seat backs that are so uncomfortable that everyone around me were ripping the back padding off and sitting on it.
It's a pregame show that makes you wanna take a nap.
It's an out of touch, clueless, lazy, unimaginative athletic director that doesn't see the importance of detail and a second to none game day experience.
Yep, exactly. I'll add that walking in to our seats, I was greatly impressed with the fans in the seats at kickoff. Yesterday's game was teed up for a grand slam.

First SEC matchup of year at the primo 3:30p EST slot
ABC national broadcast
Full House
9 point favorites with out of this world expectations

Then, what happened happened...while I appreciate the work they put into making our lights look like a discotheque, THE ONLY thing that did not disappoint me yesterday were the FANS. GDAMNIT! what a wasted opportunity!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT