ADVERTISEMENT

OMG it has finally happened!

I'm not sure that was a flop. When the defender goes by, it looks like his foot hits the shooter below the belt. I think the techs were for things he said not for a flop.

200w.gif

I'm not sure that was a flop. When the defender goes by, it looks like his foot hits the shooter below the belt. I think the techs were for things he said not for a flop.
It was a flop - even if there was slight contact. Whatever slight contact may have happened, it had nothing to do with the shot nor knocking the shooter over. Falling over is insinuating more contact than has actually occurred.

It was a flop - even if there was slight contact. Whatever slight contact may have happened, it had nothing to do with the shot nor knocking the shooter over. Falling over is insinuating more contact than has actually occurred.
If someone swings their foot at me like that I am going to flinch and pull back. When coming down from a jump shot and doing that, your momentum combined with the flinch can make you fall backwards. It very well may have been a flop. It just as easily may not have been. You can't tell with 100% certainty. When I think about the overall purpose of that rule, I think more along with lines of what Filipowski did in the Arizona game when he went flying like he was shot out of a cannon or how many people over exaggerate the contact (or lack thereof) when taking a charge. This guy didn't flail to over exaggerate the contact.

If someone swings their foot at me like that I am going to flinch and pull back. When coming down from a jump shot and doing that, your momentum combined with the flinch can make you fall backwards. It very well may have been a flop. It just as easily may not have been. You can't tell with 100% certainty. When I think about the overall purpose of that rule, I think more along with lines of what Filipowski did in the Arizona game when he went flying like he was shot out of a cannon or how many people over exaggerate the contact (or lack thereof) when taking a charge. This guy didn't flail to over exaggerate the contact.
Not saying if there should have been a foul or not, but he landed and was not off balance and then fell over. A flop.

After watching it again, I'm not even sure he got a technical for a flop. When he fell, he immediately turned and said something to the ref, who then t'd him up.

Reactions: TCurtis75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT