ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Opening Ceremony

Kegstand96

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2013
France definitely does it different, but that’s not a negative towards them. I love all things Olympics. Life goes on hold for a bit for me. I can watch any sport at anytime and be happy. The true meaning of competition and an absolute honor to participate in.

We beat China by one gold medal last time. I think it will be a wider margin this time. Either way, watching these athletes at the absolute top of their game never gets old. They compete for the love of it.

I love the Olympics and tried to watch the opening ceremony, but it was really hard to follow and very....different
Definitely non traditional. The opening ceremony for the Chinese games was my favorite all time. France is showcasing the city at a much higher level and their diversity. Not a great flow, but they get to do it how they want to.

My wife forced me to watch most of it and I thought it was garbage for the most part. Took forever to get the torch lit and I still cannot figure out WTF they lit and where it is located plus having drag queens and the nonsense they were doing. By far the best moment was Celine Dion singing.

France definitely does it different, but that’s not a negative towards them. I love all things Olympics. Life goes on hold for a bit for me. I can watch any sport at anytime and be happy. The true meaning of competition and an absolute honor to participate in.

We beat China by one gold medal last time. I think it will be a wider margin this time. Either way, watching these athletes at the absolute top of their game never gets old. They compete for the love of it.
They may compete for the love of it, but look at the net worth of some of them.

The love the athletes have for this is unmatched. They are riding down a river on boats in the rain while being sprayed with e-coli water and not a single person has a frown on their face.

I freaking love it. Such a great change of pace to what we are dealing with here.

My wife forced me to watch most of it and I thought it was garbage for the most part. Took forever to get the torch lit and I still cannot figure out WTF they lit and where it is located plus having drag queens and the nonsense they were doing. By far the best moment was Celine Dion singing.
Celine was definitely the highlight. Handing the torch to non French athletes, like Serena Williams, Raphael Nadal, Carl Lewis and others shows the respect for former top competitors. Class act on every level.

Olympic governing body and anti doping agency continue to let countries cheat. East Germany has proved out. China will prove out. Their answer to China cheating is we will take away Winter Olympics from US. Only country who does not losing their ass hosting is US. But for NBC money (US money) Olympics would go away. France put on a big show tonight. Expect a shit show going forward.

Reactions: Yellow Man
Olympic governing body and anti doping agency continue to let countries cheat. East Germany has proved out. China will prove out. Their answer to China cheating is we will take away Winter Olympics from US. Only country who does not losing their ass hosting is US. But for NBC money (US money) Olympics would go away. France put on a big show tonight. Expect a shit show going forward.
The NCAA is fair and efficient when compared to the IOC. It's littered with old, rich, half wits and communists.

I mean the dude or whatever gender he is this week that was in charge of the opening ceremony is a queer activist

Gojira is amazing, but the rest was a shit show. Disgusting, perverted, and ugly.

Reactions: BlueChuck and ib4ky
I personally will not watch a second of it. That crap with drag queens mocking the last supper was too far. I don’t care what your religious beliefs are but making fun of that crossed the line for me.
I with you brother, and those that are that far left want to make fun of EVERYONE else because their the only ones right. They want to rule over everyone else. That has ruined the whole thing for me.

Reactions: Clayco30
I with you brother, and those that are that far left want to make fun of EVERYONE else because their the only ones right. They want to rule over everyone else. That has ruined the whole thing for me.
I don’t completely disagree. I didn’t watch but seen some posts about the last supper and such. When I seen the pic my thought was that doesn’t look like the last supper. Then I read what they were depicting and though I think it is crazy, it was a depiction of the Ancient Greek Bacchanal. A wild Greek orgy and the blue guy was Bacchus the God of fertility. It isn’t my thing but it wasn’t what people are saying either.

Reactions: GeraldV
Luckily homophobic rednecks are only a tiny portion of the overall world population.

USA Men’s 4x400 relay team won the first gold for us. Shai, Murray and Lyles are playing against Greece currently. Good game.
I was waiting for a simple minded reply like this...notice the outright assumption then I'm morally superior finger pointing and slander.

I'm not religious at all. But why is it that they had to make a last supper scene? I'm sorry, what does that have to do with the Olympics and or being gay? That's not being tolerant, it's straight up mocking ppl.

You see how that flew over your head and never entered your mind?

The funny thing, is that you can do things like this in the west...and people will focus their lecturing on the people that are offended instead of realizing those offended wont do anything. But if they put Mohammed in drag, which they definitely would not do, there would be a terrorist attack before the weekend is over. Not as brave on their principles as they claim I guess.

I was waiting for a simple minded reply like this...notice the outright assumption then I'm morally superior finger pointing and slander.

I'm not religious at all. But why is it that they had to make a last supper scene? I'm sorry, what does that have to do with the Olympics and or being gay? That's not being tolerant, it's straight up mocking ppl.

You see how that flew over your head and never entered your mind?

The funny thing, is that you can do things like this in the west...and people will focus their lecturing on the people that are offended instead of realizing those offended wont do anything. But if they put Mohammed in drag, which they definitely would not do, there would be a terrorist attack before the weekend is over. Not as brave on their principles as they claim I guess.
It wasn’t the last supper DS. If you are going to start an argument, start with the correct info.

It's just funny, ppl can do the dumbest tasteless stuff, and if you go...that was garbage. These ppl can only think in a binary...you must be a bigot, bc there's a free pass if you're down the rungs on the victimhood ladder, and criticizing their garage must apparently only be because of identity.

It's simple minded.

Amyway....theres 3 on 3 basketball too?

Reactions: Clayco30
I wonder why they didn't pick on Islam? I wonder why the fires on mass transit isn't making more news? This is going to be shit show. Athletes are getting robbed on the street and cars are being destroyed. The whole spirit of the Olympics are lost on modernity theorist.

Luckily homophobic rednecks are only a tiny portion of the overall world population.

USA Men’s 4x400 relay team won the first gold for us. Shai, Murray and Lyles are playing against Greece currently. Good game

USA Men’s 4x400 relay team won the first gold for us. Shai, Murray and Lyles are playing against Greece currently. Good game.
Yet idiots like you run rampant

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT