ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic BB

Catluv

Junior
Dec 18, 2018
Unreal how UK has 3 players on the team. Only one NCAA title between them. We have 3 or 4 other guys who could of made the team. What a waste of talent!!

We also have three players on Canada’s Olympic team in SGA, Jamal Murray and Trey Lyles. And Wenyen Gabriel starts for South Sudan. There’s some serious UK hoops representation at these games.

While the results under Cal were disappointing and he vastly underachieved, I am not sure anyone other than AD was looked on as being Olympic caliber. Maybe Jamal Murray since he plays for Canada. I don't think anyone thought Booker or Bam would make Team USA. No one expected SGA to become what he has. Anyone who says they thought Wenyen or Lyles would make an Olympic team for whomever is a liar. They all deserve the credit for working hard to perfect their craft and becoming better as professionals. At some point, you have to start recognizing their efforts and stop blaming Cal.

While the results under Cal were disappointing and he vastly underachieved, I am not sure anyone other than AD was looked on as being Olympic caliber. Maybe Jamal Murray since he plays for Canada. I don't think anyone thought Booker or Bam would make Team USA. No one expected SGA to become what he has. Anyone who says they thought Wenyen or Lyles would make an Olympic team for whomever is a liar. They all deserve the credit for working hard to perfect their craft and becoming better as professionals. At some point, you have to start recognizing their efforts and stop blaming Cal.
[/QUOTE Wenyen on South Sudan isn’t a stretch. Lyles has had a decent career in the NBA. Fox and KAT could have been on the team. Some of these guys improved after they got in the pros. I think it really shows how cal just couldn’t do x and o’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT