ADVERTISEMENT

Old school boxing fans:

Rocky Marciano and John L Sullivan had an epic battle
John L would do two things. He would walk into a bar and challenge, "I can whip any man in the house!" And ask, "What is the record for the most shots anyone has drank and been able to walk out of the place?"

During Covid, buddies and I synched up Ali-Frazier I. Bourbon, cigars, and text storm ensued while watching one of the greatest fights of all time.

I will go to my grave believing Duran was a better fighter than Leonard.

The old school names from those lower wight classes, Pipino Cuevas, Esteban DeJesus, Wilfred Benitez, Danny Little Red Lopez, Alexis Arguello.

Arturo Gatti and Mickey Ward had some slugfests.
Marvin Hagler and Thomas Hearns had a few as well. The older days of boxing was must see tv. I haven't watched boxing in quite a few years now that I can't tell you who is good now.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
Arturo Gatti and Mickey Ward had some slugfests.
Marvin Hagler and Thomas Hearns had a few as well. The older days of boxing was must see tv. I haven't watched boxing in quite a few years now that I can't tell you who is good now.
I knew Hagler vs Hearns was only a few rounds ao I went and looked because I hadn't thought about it in a long time. The best 3 rounds in boxing history IMO. It was like something out of a movie where the viewer says to himself, " no way boxing is like this". Yes, that fight WAS like that. I remember watching it with friends and we were all going crazy. Do yourself a solid and go youtube it if you haven't seen it or just want to relive it. This thread's got me looking up some old fights now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT