ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Official visit: Final report

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
T.J. Carter: He left without an offer but here's where things get a little confusing. I'm now under the impression that Carter is actually a little higher on UK's board than he was before the visit. From what I understand he came in and looked really physically impressive. Wouldn't be surprised if Kentucky offers. I just spoke with Carter and he was pretty blown away, really got along well with Josh Allen, Chris Westry, Marcus Walker and some of the other young guys in the program. What I heard, again, is that he's a good looking kid.

J.J. Holmes: Gets even more confusing here. Although Holmes told me he was offered on the visit I'm under the impression that Kentucky wants to wait and keep their options open a little bit. The board at defensive tackle is not as clear cut as it once seemed. I'm not passing any definitive judgment here, just to say that Carter may be closer to an offer than I thought and that Kentucky has a couple of other situations in the works. I think if Kentucky had pushed hard and decided to make it clear that they want Holmes now then they would have gotten him. Still think they probably can/will get him if they want him.

Tadarryl Marshall: Under the impression that they like him, but the Leeds, Ala., athlete could be one of a couple of different players in play for one of the remaining spots. Not exactly sure what position he would play for Kentucky although I do think he's a contender to fill out the class. The last week should be a wild ride so I'm hoping to find out more on exactly where he fits into Kentucky's plans.

Davonte Robinson: He took his official visit this weekend and I'm told that he showed up looking physically impressive, as expected. Alabama had turned up the heat on Robinson but we're getting close to the time when he'll be signing up for good. This is someone that folks have felt is underrated for quite some time and he had a good visit, I'm hearing.

Kordell Looney: This is one kid that I'm told really, really impressed people this weekend. He showed up about 6-foot-4 and between 280-285 pounds. Bigger than a lot of people expected. I'm told he surprised people with how big he was. Having watched him at the Rivals Camp in Cleveland I can attest to his size, quickness and ability to get off the ball quickly are impressive attributes. Still a little raw but an extremely high ceiling if he can do the right things to get there. Also hearing he's solid with Kentucky.

Ja'Quize Cross: Took his official visit this weekend and I'm told it went well. Nothing really surprising here because he's visited several times. They like him, the look of him, and think that Jimmy Brumbaugh will be able to work well with him.

Zy'Aire Hughes: He took his official visit this weekend as well. Not much new to report and they're familiar with him. Very solid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.