ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Anne Pope gets it...

Season 17 Yes GIF by America's Got Talent

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
I'm from Barren county. Rarely think of UL as a rival. Only met maybe 4 UL fans here. And one is just an old fan from the Crum days. Now, UT....

It’s regional.

I grew up Lexington area, and have lived in the E-town area and currently live near Bowling Green. I’m a couple counties over from you.

Down here, it’s UT. It’s UT in Eastern Kentucky as well. In Central Kentucky it’s Louisville and triple that for anyone living in the Louisville metro area. I was raised to hate both a passion and I do. Lol. (I think UT fans are worse than Cards fans, BTW)

It’s regional.

I grew up Lexington area, and have lived in the E-town area and currently live near Bowling Green. I’m a couple counties over from you.

Down here, it’s UT. It’s UT in Eastern Kentucky as well. In Central Kentucky it’s Louisville and triple that for anyone living in the Louisville metro area. I was raised to hate both a passion and I do. Lol. (I think UT fans are worse than Cards fans, BTW)
UT will always be my most hated team.

I wish, as a whole, the fanbase felt the same way about Tennessee.

Those who do. Keep up the good fight, big blue brothers and sisters
My grandma was a Lady Vols fan from Oneida and we let her get away with it. I remember going to my great uncles and his whole house being decked out in Vol football junk lol They were the main Vols i knew and they were never negative towards UK so i had a pleasant experience with the only Vols fans i grew up knowing. Growing up in the 2000s i hated Florida more. They ruined a chunk of my childhood

She is the best. They are the perfect UK first couple.

I'm from Central Kentucky ... but live in Nashville now. It is UofL as the biggest rival and it isn't even close. We play UT at least twice a year. We play UofL once and the bragging rights are all on the line for 365 days. However, since Pitino left (and now that I like him again), I don't hate UofL as much ... but I do hate their stupid fans as much as ever.

I'm from Barren county. Rarely think of UL as a rival. Only met maybe 4 UL fans here. And one is just an old fan from the Crum days. Now, UT....
Yeah, same here. I grew up in Allen Co, right next to Barren (Glasgow) and Warren (Bowling Green), right on the state line. UT was always the big "regional" rival to UK, not UL. And then of course UNCheat and Duke were/are our "national rivals". I only knew/met/saw 1 UL fan growing up (a teacher). Not until I went to WKU for 4 years, where A LOT of kids from Jefferson Co go to school, did I meet UL fans. So, for those 4 years I did learn to hate them (didn't help it was right after their last title and during our probation). I graduated from WKU in 91, spent 2+ years in Lexington, a few months in Kansas, 2 years in PA, and the past 28 years in NC. Over those past 33 years I have met at most 3-4 UL fans. I've met way more UT fans (and no I'm not in the mountains near UT, pray for and help those people recovering from Helene, until recently I was in middle of UNCheat/Duke/NC St) than UL fans.

Tennessee #1 rival. We never played UofL until the General Assembly mandated because Cards were just as good or better and the younger generations see UofL as the rival. There like a zit on your ass, pick it and move on. BTW, how’s that “rivalry” working out?

I'll add living where I do. I wish the whole fanbase felt the same way about that trash Ohio State program.
I hope the Cats absolutely destroy those Suck eyes.
Their fanbase is miserable. Mostly due to football of course. But I don't care I despise the basketball team as well.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I'll add living where I do. I wish the whole fanbase felt the same way about that trash Ohio State program.
I hope the Cats absolutely destroy those Suck eyes.
Their fanbase is miserable. Mostly due to football of course. But I don't care I despise the basketball team as well.
Youd be surprised at the Ohio St flags flying on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake. Should be illegal to bring that filth across state lines

Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, I never really saw UT as a rival because they were never that good. I remember UT beating us in Knoxville in 93 and that was a big upset and had us ticked off at them until we throttled them by 60 in the SEC tourney in Rupp.

I always thought of UofL and IU as our rivals growing up. But both programs were strong in the 80’s, so I guess that made the rivalry more relevant. And where I went to school, there were quite a few UofL fans. Also had some IU fans that moved down here that thought Knight was the second coming.

Recently, at least where I live, it’s mostly UofL fans. I work with some UofL fans and some of the kids at my school are UofL fans. Very few Vols where I live.

Of cours, UK dominates in this neck of the woods.

The KSR article today about her, her story, and journey with Mark is terrific. It's long but worth taking the time to read. She's an amazing person. Pope is a great fit here but it's arguable she is an even better fit.

Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, I never really saw UT as a rival because they were never that good. I remember UT beating us in Knoxville in 93 and that was a big upset and had us ticked off at them until we throttled them by 60 in the SEC tourney in Rupp.

I always thought of UofL and IU as our rivals growing up. But both programs were strong in the 80’s, so I guess that made the rivalry more relevant. And where I went to school, there were quite a few UofL fans. Also had some IU fans that moved down here that thought Knight was the second coming.

Recently, at least where I live, it’s mostly UofL fans. I work with some UofL fans and some of the kids at my school are UofL fans. Very few Vols where I live.

Of cours, UK dominates in this neck of the woods.
In the 80's we rarely beat them in Knoxville.

^This is true, only two wins in the '80s on that stupid tartan court they had back then - '86 and, of all seasons, the 13-19 team in '89.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT