ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL Southern Miss Vs. Kentucky Game Thread ******

Move this to Nutter and stream it on YouTube and finish this ****ing thing

Modern Problems Funny Gif GIF by MOODMAN

I thought we looked pretty good overall on both sides of the ball. I think we can have a nice season, barring key injuries. I'm already looking forward to the South Carolina game next week. GO CATS !!

Final grades:
Offense B+
Defense B+
We can play better, though, I think.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Well shoot. Nice showing but definitely need to clean up those third downs on D or good teams will be a problem. Hopefully we can work on it this week and show improvement next weeks game. A wins a win though.

I mean it wasn’t really a question if UK would win, and we get out w/out major injuries, so this is about as good an outcome as we could hope for. Not sure how it impacts bets made (I had UK covering and the under), but I don’t really care if we get the win and avoid injuries in a game that should have been a guaranteed win.

Final from Kroger Field

Southern Miss- 0
Kentucky-31

Game called in 3rd Qtr due to lightening/weather.

Cats looked very sharp at times tonight. BV had some very nice throws that were very rarely off target. OL improved throughout the game.

Offense: A
Defense: B+
Special Teams: A+

Defense still gave up some 3rd Downs we shouldn't have. But looked stronger as the game went on.

Lots of positives heading into the matchup with South Carolina next weekend.

Reactions: darkshadesofblue
Dumbest thing I've about ever read.
I’m glad it doesn’t bother you. Their pink, yellow, green mouth pieces flapping I found annoying. Can you not have a mouth piece if you aren’t going to use it? What is the point? Let’s have this piece of rubber flapping around while I run routes and need elite focus

Last edited:
I’m glad it doesn’t bother you. Their pink, yellow, green mouth pieces flapping I found annoying. Can you not have a mouth piece if you aren’t going to use it? What is the point? Let’s have this piece of rubber flapping around while I run routes and need elite focus
Will also say there were reports of teams getting tells on UK based on the OL splits if it was a run or pass play in years prior. The Michigan sign stealing may be somewhat coming to an end, but there are people getting paid to find tells on how players line up, move, look, etc. it is real and hope adding a mouth guard doesn’t lead to a tell.

I understand and agree with decision to call it
Glad we got a decisive win
Glad that there were no injuries.
Disappointed that we couldn’t have a fourth quarter to give back up QB some reps as Brock looked good, but I am concerned with him getting injured at some point during the season.
Maybe we will blow South Carolina out and use that game to give back up some reps.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT