ADVERTISEMENT

**** Official Kentucky @ Vandy Game Thread ****

lol it's hilarious how, at the end of our last blowout win, this thread was full of people whining that we were playing the starters too much and should put the other guys in to get experience. This game, we do just that and let the blowout get closer, this thread is full of people whining that we didn't blow them out.
It’s the Raftards way.

Reactions: ganner918
The bench sucks. Up by 28 and win by 12.
Gotta remember that we score at least 6-10 more points if we didn't pull it back out when they pressed us. If we stay aggressive on those, we still win by 20 (plus the refs should have called about 3-5 more fouls on them during that stretch). Double figure win on the road - I'll take it.

Reactions: MojoYamamoto
HORRIBLE way to finish the game. Not that it matters tonight, but missing FT's, turning the ball over, ole' defense, missing open looks.

Cal LOVES playing 3 Bigs, WHY???

Reactions: ck-2
Dayum....
Hurts don't it
FI3b30sWYAEh3B5

Reactions: lazycat75
Missed 2 front ends of 1 and 1’s. Just played sloppy down the stretch.

Im not really mad at the last moments of the game other than I know Stackhouse is a bitch and he'd start doing that kind of crap once UK tried not to finish caving their heads in.

Its hard for players to do all that then go to the bench because the game is over and then the opposing coach starts doing bush league shit and they have to change back in to cave their head in mode.

Maybe next time we wait until last 3 minutes of the game to do that.

Reactions: bbncal02
We really didn’t. Couldn’t buy a bucket. Hell Grady clanked a wide open shot there towards the end.

Got a good win against a Top 50 D. On the road. Let’s go get ready for Ewe-Tee.
We went from running offense to dribbling the first 10 to 15 seconds of the shot clock out at the top of the key before we tried anything that last 4 minutes.

Good lord, stop complaining about the last few minutes.
So you are ok with it? Do you think any coach is ok with it? Do you think a coach says 'that's ok since we won by so many'? Coaches want a team to ALWAYS be getting better. Letting a team go on a 16-0 is not good.

Honestly maybe Vandy shouldn't have waited to the end to be that agressive. The scoreline might have been closer.

You don't think that maybe a tiny bit of that lead going away was just us taking the foot off the pedal?

If it was a closer game the starters wouldn't have gone out and we wouldn't have had that stretch. Least not vs Vandy.
I could be inclined to agree if it didn't happen against LSU as well. I'm content with the win, especially on the road, but watching us give up a 16-0 run to end the game doesn't make me feel great.

lol it's hilarious how, at the end of our last blowout win, this thread was full of people whining that we were playing the starters too much and should put the other guys in to get experience. This game, we do just that and let the blowout get closer, this thread is full of people whining that we didn't blow them out.

Well, it is a bit frustrating to watch them play about as good as they can play and then fold at the end.

Not to mention it is a legit concern around the bench.

My hope is Wheeler/Sharpe get on court soon and this rotation gets super tight.

Collins especially is just not ready this year. Hopkins can be effective if he plays his role (ala Brooks/Toppin). Biggest thing is Cal not forcing all of those guys in there at once, it's dreadful.

It was a great win, not taking that away, but you could tell Cal was irritated too.

Reactions: ganner918
Normally we have to battle the other team and a ref or two. Tonight we get good refs and we have to battle the other team and Cal. Cal was probably a 20-25 positive for Vandy. Just makes you want to get in his face and ask if he is stupid or something. Forget Collins and Hopkins. Let them get better in practice so when they do come in they can at least hold their own and not join in with Cal blowing most of a 30 point lead. We go two deep off the bench right now. Every year Cal says he wants to play seven. So play seven till it's mop up time! And I hope Wheeler comes off the bench Saturday so our rythem doesn't get messed up.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
I could be inclined to agree if it didn't happen against LSU as well. I'm content with the win, especially on the road, but watching us give up a 16-0 run to end the game doesn't make me feel great.
Thats a different situation to me. Didn't have Wheeler or Washington down the stretch there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT