ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Tony Green and Roger Ayers are two of the worst UK Haters officiating today,even though we've been getting a fair whistle from Green lately

Freshman excuse getting old.
It should be a rule that no one bites at UK, especially its own fans....I mean they have brought a lot of joy over the years. Just wonder how long some of the posters have been fans of UK? We should be optimistic despite another UCLA type game by Ohio State.
Been a fan for 40 years but a turd is a turd. Lack of effort is unacceptable. But I guess at the end of the year they should just give everyone a participation trophy and hold hands and sing songs.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
OSU will shoot 20% in their next 6 games (exaggerating I know) but no way they shoot as well as they are right now. I never understood how even bad or mediocre shooters actually hit shots like they do against us. I get the adrenaline and playing out of your mind stuff, but how does that make a ball go in the net better? What is physically occurring that makes a player hit long range shots better than they normally ever would.

OU have to look at why they are shooting such a high percentage from 3 point range. I'll give you 3 guesses but I think you will only need one.
Pray tell us Pat Riley how you stop Jaquan Lyles from hitting a 30 foot three on the run

I'm not trying to pile on and I'm not screaming that the sky if falling. However, I do have to wonder if Cal is being stubborn in his lineups. Though, no one here is inside those practices, so he knows best. But, we see the product on the court during the games, and it's not very impressive, I'm not sure it warrants top 25. Fringe 25 at best. My question is, if we're this bad with this product, and it's still early, why not continue with the rotational experiments? Lastly, it'd be nice to see an offense with a clue .

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Just because a young Ohio St team started out losing some games doesn't mean they terrible,they have as much talent as any team in NCAA,they would have got it together eventually,and will finish strong,meanwhile people who only cheer for their team if they are winning are bandwagon fans ,been a UK fan for nearly 6 decades and I support them win or lose
It's not a matter of not supporting our team Bluest, it's that we're U.K, we expect to have a very good team every year, and all we're doing is voicing our displeasure with the game in general, some of the players' lack of effort, some of Cal's questionable decisions etc. It's what fans do, and it doesn't make us any less of a fan than yourself.

Reactions: UK till Death
feels nearly impossible to dredge up some optimism right now. And I think most of you know I usually can. Too much every man for himself play right now and it shows. Hope Cal lights a fire. I'm no confident at all

And the game is different and he's amassed more talent through here in his short time. Another NC should make him untouchable in the pantheon but he hasn't gotten it yet.

Teams like this don't inspire confidence. They remind me too much of his Memphis teams.

One thing is say is we should be very careful of Memphis high school kids in the future. I see it constantly. Most of the time kids out of Memphis are overrated. That's one of the reasons cal passed on lots of them when coAchig there.

Skal is not a good player. It's not there.

Pray tell us Pat Riley how you stop Jaquan Lyles from hitting a 30 foot three on the run
By making sure you take the last shot on offense and give them no time to take tge shot.
Got any other questions?
Look, all those threes were wide open shots, our defense was awful.

Ohio State made seven 3s in the first half.
Kentucky made one. Hopefully the shooting will turn around for the Cats.

You have a week to prepare your offense and this is it. No adjustments. Nothing... Let Murray go one in four and throw up a prayer

Cal is a smart guy. He will develop a plan with this group before it's over. It will take some losses to get there.

He figured out the 14 team sucked but was big and we ended up getting to the final four by having the Harrison's and Randle lower their shoulders and ram their way to the basket.

He figured out the 11 team sucked and pick and rolled with a big white boy and exceptional point guard, without a kick out shooter in Lamb.

We'll see what he comes up with this year too.

Screaming and yelling nonstop at players during games don't work for all players. Skal came to UK with a good mid-range game and before the conference schedule starts he has no game. It isn't hard to see why all UK opponents are confident coming into games after watching some of our game videos. The game strategy is very simple. Stay in the paint and dare us to shoot anything other than a layup.

This happens yearly here. Cal could change it with one adjustment and he won't do it. My only real gripe with him.

Stfu. You got a bulls hit Ohio state logo in your avatar
Kentucky is my favorite basketball team. Ohio State is my favorite football team.

There is such a thing as having a favorite team and still liking other teams. I am going to be nice and not call you names though like you do me. I have been around here a long time but I guess you don't have a clue.

Cal is a smart guy. He will develop a plan with this group before it's over. It will take some losses to get there.

He figured out the 14 team sucked but was big and we ended up getting to the final four by having the Harrison's and Randle lower their shoulders and ram their way to the basket.

He figured out the 11 team sucked and pick and rolled with a big white boy and exceptional point guard, without a kick out shooter in Lamb.

We'll see what he comes up with this year too.
I have many doubts

Kentucky is my favorite basketball team. Ohio State is my favorite football team.

There is such a thing as having a favorite team and still liking other teams. I am going to be nice and not call you names though like you do me. I have been around here a long time but I guess you don't have a clue.

I'm sorry, you're not a real fan of any team.

You're a casual sports guy that "watches several teams", is how I'd categorize you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT