ADVERTISEMENT

Official ESPYs Thread

MaxPowerrr

All-American
Feb 9, 2006
thought it would be a good idea to combine everyone's ESPY related posts tonight to one thread. Go!

I'm not going anywhere near ESPN for at least a month. Everyone can live however they want to but that doesn't mean I have to like having this shit in my face 24/7.

Reactions: robo222
Did Bruce win an Oscar I mean espy?
They started at daylight this morning going on and on about him winning the Arthur Ass award. While I do not begrudge the eh, person, for wanting to live their live the way they want, I do not see how a millionaire surrounded by the Kardashians and getting his dong cut off is anything particularly courageous. I think it is an abomination to hand that award out to him... er, her... er whatever. I just think that crap is out of hand and up in everybody's face. I don't want this crap in my face so I am seriously avoiding ESPN like the plague for the next month or so.

Reactions: dezyDeco
You know what would be funny, if a guy at lunch laughed at his own jokes. Hahahahahahah! [laughing][roll]

You're the guy at lunch that laughs at his own jokes, aren't you?

costanza-jerk-store-2.gif

Remember this?

I don't know anyone who wasn't shaken by the Still video/tribute/speech, especially Dads out there watching Devon Still somehow not break down over the fact that his daughter has cancer, again.

Meanwhile, Jenner was kind of a self-serving, catty bitch on stage. The last doubt of her being a woman has been removed. Surprised I didn't see one of these..

giphy.gif

I don't know anyone who wasn't shaken by the Still video/tribute/speech, especially Dads out there watching Devon Still somehow not break down over the fact that his daughter has cancer, again.

Meanwhile, Jenner was kind of a self-serving, catty bitch on stage. The last doubt of her being a woman has been removed. Surprised I didn't see one of these..

giphy.gif

Someone told me tonight that Jenner has not even chopped off his manhood (although clearly has no balls emotionally anymore). Now if he did that...with a Katana or machete on stage tonight...that my friends would have been courageous.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what is so courageous about someone using being a trans to get more money and more reality nonsense their way. It does not hold up to Lauren Hill...at least IMO.

I refused to watch but every media outlet is covered in Bruce Jenner.

The only thing this has changed is that I now l have some respect for Bob Costas.

Reactions: JustinSphere
I saw whatever clip they ran on the Today show, and that was enough. Really shows how far espn has slipped, imo. If it weren't for our games, and the random Dodger game, I wouldn't even watch espn. TS.

I accidently caught a few seconds of it flipping through and saw A-Rod on the stage with the Asian from The Hangover talking. That was enough for me.

I liked it. Some of the awards were pretty good contests. The memorial segment for Hill and the award for Still were excellent.

The problem was staying for the Arthur Ashe award. Rest of it was fine. And I'm not sure if Duke won anything, but I didn't happen to see it.

I liked it. Some of the awards were pretty good contests. The memorial segment for Hill and the award for Still were excellent.

The problem was staying for the Arthur Ashe award. Rest of it was fine. And I'm not sure if Duke won anything, but I didn't happen to see it.

They didn't. US Women's soccer won best team. I mean, if you are going to give that to them...fine. But where does that line end? What about the men's basketball team at their "world cup" last year in 2014? They were much more dominant throughout the whole tourney than the women's soccer team. I think the best team should come from MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA, NCAA Football, and NCAA b-ball..but that is just my opinion. Surely UK would have got best team if they had went 40-0 over a freaking soccer team...but who knows.

giphy.gif

ESPN didn't think this through, making Jenner follow (way too closely) the Still tribute, making the Jenner ESPY look even more stupid. The Still tribute was one of the most moving things I've seen in quite a while.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what is so courageous about someone using being a trans to get more money and more reality nonsense their way. It does not hold up to Lauren Hill...at least IMO.

x1,000,000

I hope I have half the guts that girl had, when Death comes knocking at my door.

The scary part is, I bet 25% of the attendees had no desire to give him/her a standing ovation, but had no other option. You're a regular guy sitting? You're about to get blasted and labeled a bigot. You're a sports player and that gets caught on camera? You're now in a world of shit. Think about that for a second. You could jeopardize your career if you don't outright support a viewpoint. Yikes.

The scary part is, I bet 25% of the attendees had no desire to give him/her a standing ovation, but had no other option. You're a regular guy sitting? You're about to get blasted and labeled a bigot. You're a sports player and that gets caught on camera? You're now in a world of shit. Think about that for a second. You could jeopardize your career if you don't outright support a viewpoint. Yikes.

Sad... very sad... but all too true.

It wasn't that long ago that a joke was made about that type of crowd-think propaganda:

g1366565092488614978.jpg

Hell, even this episode will probably be banned at some point, the way things are going.

Reactions: LineSkiCat
You know what would be funny?

The Jenner Reality Show begins its new season...BRUCE Jenner walks out wearing a golf shirt, khakis, with a high-and-tight hair cut and carrying a cigar and a can of Bud. One of his kids walks by, does a double-take, and says, "WTF?! Where's Caitlyn!" Bruce takes a looooong pull off the Cohiba, looks at the camera and says, "You fell for that? BWAHAHAHAHAHA."

Greatest moment in television history. The entire staff of the New York Times is out for a week for PTSD therapy. ESPN fires entire ESPY production crew. Kardashian Mafia rakes in more money than the Mexican Drug Cartel...

I got this feeling when the camera went to Brett Favre.......

No offense but I really think you need to reevaluate your life if you do any of these 3 things. 1, watch awards shows. 2, watch ESPN for anything other than games and the occasional 30 for 30. 3, let anybody name an award after you.

How does Jenner being transgendered affect you? How does Jenner winning an award affect you?
How does advocating, encouraging, and appealing to those with mental illness help society? Something like 80% of all children experience some sort of gender disphoria while experiencing puberty, and 99% of them grow out of it. The other 1% end up like Bruce who have all of this encouragement, and then end up killing themselves five years later because they're insane.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT