ADVERTISEMENT

*Official Bahamas Game 1 Thread*

I'm really liking this team. It's early, we are playing the Bahamas and they are sloppy as hell but the depth and individual talent of these players is great to see.
Did Colby and Cleare play tonight for the Bahamas?

Ceiling this year all depends on perimeter shooting. All the other pieces are there and will only get better. Can this group make some jump shots. There doesnt seem to be a true stud offensive player.. But they have enough really good players.

Good game for UK! Lots of interchangeable parts.

This team is a solid rebounding team. Love the hustle in Johnson...

Do none of you realize the sight lines in this gym are absolute shit? The shooting isn't there right now but they're playing in a damn ball room. Lot of insecure posters right now.
I get what you are saying, but the Bahamas team isn't having much of a problem hitting from the outside.
I bet it's the whole vacation feel that our guys have. It's really hard to get out of that mode in that atmosphere.

Better hands on Richards. Some interior passing. Some good individual effort on defense off and on. Lot of guys need to adjust to the speed and intensity of the game. We are not a good basketball team yet. We have huge potential as a basketball team.

So glad this bunch is getting this chance in August.

KJ has such a killer mentality. Dude makes his mind up he’s going to dunk it and I love that.
I think Dakitch is right, he is kinda similar to Miles Bridges and I really like that. I loved Miles' athleticism and bounce.

I get what you are saying, but the Bahamas team isn't having much of a problem hitting from the outside.
I bet it's the whole vacation feel that our guys have. It's really hard to get out of that mode in that atmosphere.

They had quite a few airballs and bricks as well though. I think the shooting was poor but people tabbing it a major issue after 1 game are reaching. It's a by product of fear after last year's shooting. The vacation mentality might be part of it. I feel like there will be more of a business approach after they saw how hard they have to work.

EDIT: The BNT went 5/25 from three. Not much better than 2/20.

Reactions: Nuke99m
What is funny is tomorrow we probably go 14-25 from 3 and the story will change when really this team will be super hot some nights and cold some nights but it wont matter as if the 3 ain't falling we have 4 low post studs and guys like Johnson and Hagans who are driving wizards. Shooting is not a concern at all with this team as Cal has never had as many good shooters . Green , Herro , Baker , Quickley are all great shooter and EJ , Johnson and Travis are very good shooters. Only PJ and Hagans are average.
Sure don't look like great shooters to me, no way you watch this game, god you are such a homer lol

Sure don't look like great shooters to me, no way you watch this game, god you are such a homer lol

This is literally some of these kids first time stepping foot on a court with non high schoolers not to mention it being on a big stage in the Bahamas.
You’re one of the worst posters here and absolutely nobody takes any of your ignorant opinions seriously.

I don’t understand being a fan of a team but constantly bitching and mensturating and not finding any joy in it.

I honestly can’t fathom how some can be so negative and stupid... it’s our first game.It’s August. This should be fun and exciting.

Why even be a fan? Is everything a letdown unless we win by 15+ and snag a title every single year?

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Joy in menstruating? Umm... what? [laughing]
Some posters need a couple of these boxes for the season:

Last edited:
I’ll get bashed because it’s not sunshine and rainbows but our best offense is intense defense like the start of the game... otherwise scoring against good defensive teams will be tough again. We really need an elite shooting coach as an assistant....
No you’ll get bashed because it’s a stupid take.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I don't understand why kid's would have a hard time adjusting to a gym floor. the court is 94 feet long, 50 ft wide. The goal is 10 ft from the floor and the lane's are the same. So what is the problem. I never had any problem with depth, if it is out side or in a gym or on the moon, if it's all the same size, it's the same dimensions, period. That is just an excuse to me, and I don't buy it. They have regulation's on size to make everything equal for everyone...
Good thing Cal had a good ass coach there. Everyone would be blaming him for the poor first half.. That was a smart move on his part..
Everyone need's to calm down that are crying about a first game by all the new guy's. Herro look pretty good, Jamal Johnson looked ok, Jamal Richards looked much improved. The new Jamal transfer guy was just standing under the basket all night getting rebound's for some unknown reason, where is his game?
Too many Jamal's on there for me to keep up with. Where did Rex come from? I saw him flash down the floor and stuff a couple in. Kind'a reminded me of Jamal Sheppard or some body else.

GBB

This is literally some of these kids first time stepping foot on a court with non high schoolers not to mention it being on a big stage in the Bahamas.
You’re one of the worst posters here and absolutely nobody takes any of your ignorant opinions seriously.

I don’t understand being a fan of a team but constantly bitching and mensturating and not finding any joy in it.
I speak the truth, right now we suck from the outside, but we can get better. You are right its August, hopefully we improve.

I can tell you from having been courtside in this ballroom/gym — the sightlines are awful. It is a horrendous shooting “gym”.
Now, I’m not sayIng this will be an outstanding shooting uk team. I’m just saying— don’t make any judgements from the games being played here. It really is horrendous.

No you’ll get bashed because it’s a stupid take.
this

the first practice game of the year and already that crap comes out...
my practice takeaway was; I know Reid had a lot boards, put I expected him to be more polished...I guess our season will suck

Period!

You tell em Francis!

I'M ANGRY ABOUT EXHIBITION BASKETBALL IN AUGUST WITH 18 YEAR OLDS PLAYING AGAINST MEN IN THEIR 30s!!!!

I LIKE MY LIFE AND AM A POSITIVE PERSON.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT