ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Line Ranked 7th in SEC

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
Seems a bit high to me but I to be honest I don't know what the rest of the conference's OL looks like either.

I don't feel good about depth - as of this moment so that could change after the games start - and I'm not sure there is an obvious NFL player among the starters minus Cox being a late round pick.

I expect Burton to be the LG. I hate it but I feel its going to happen.

I don't know much about Texas's OL but LSU having the best is a shocker. Their OT will be 3 year starters but they were not very good as frosh. Like UGA's better, 4 starters returning alone with first 3 off the bench who all played a good bit. I have always thought UK's OL were excellent run blockers, granted a couple struggled some with pass protection, but since CMS got the roster turned around everyone of them have been big and physical and very good run blockers.

Seems a bit high to me but I to be honest I don't know what the rest of the conference's OL looks like either.

I don't feel good about depth - as of this moment so that could change after the games start - and I'm not sure there is an obvious NFL player among the starters minus Cox being a late round pick.

IDK how anyone (and that certainly includes me) can accurately predict how well our OL will play. I have predicted our OL will be better than 2023, but that's about as far as I am willing to go until I see them in September.

We have a new OC, a new OL coach, a new starting RT, and likely a new starting OG too. Typically, a new position coach doesn't necessarily have to make an immediate difference. But in this particular case, I was never sold on Yenser and IMO Wolf is a major upgrade as a teacher. Whether we have the 7th best OL, or the 2nd best, or the 12th best, IDK that yet and I don't believe anyone else knows either. It's June, so these are just click bait titles.

Who in the world is gonna play the other guard position? Rowland had mentioned that Dylan Ray got sick and lost a bunch of weight.

Based on what I remember (which is always sketch at best) reading during spring practice, a decent guess right now is RG vs LG may need to swap, and am I remembering correctly that Eli Cox moved back to OC for the spring???):

LT: SR Marques Cox, SO Anfernee Crease (JUCO txfr)
LG: JR Jager Burton OR JR Dylan Ray, RS FR Austin Ramsey
OC: SR Eli Cox OR JR Jager Burton, FR Koby Keenum
RG: SO Jalen Farmer (FL txfr), JR Paul Rodriguez
RT: SR Gerald Mincey (TN txfr), JR Dylan Ray, SR Courtland Ford, RS FR Malachi Wood

Coming off injury: OG Ben Christman, Courtland Ford (wasn't he out in the spring?)
Incoming FR: Hayes Johnson, Aba Selm

Thoughts??

Based on what I remember (which is always sketch at best) reading during spring practice, a decent guess right now is RG vs LG may need to swap, and am I remembering correctly that Eli Cox moved back to OC for the spring???):

LT: SR Marques Cox, SO Anfernee Crease (JUCO txfr)
LG: JR Jager Burton OR JR Dylan Ray, RS FR Austin Ramsey
OC: SR Eli Cox OR JR Jager Burton, FR Koby Keenum
RG: SO Jalen Farmer (FL txfr), JR Paul Rodriguez
RT: SR Gerald Mincey (TN txfr), JR Dylan Ray, SR Courtland Ford, RS FR Malachi Wood

Coming off injury: OG Ben Christman, Courtland Ford (wasn't he out in the spring?)
Incoming FR: Hayes Johnson, Aba Selm

Thoughts??
Think Marc Nave has a chance to be a really good player.

I think our OL will be better than last years based on Wolford's coaching alone. Other than that, it's wait and see until September.

I didn't know about Dylan Ray's illness. I hope hes put back on the weight. We need him.

We? Speak for yourself. I am focused on recruiting.
Messenger, you get the irony of complaining about a clickbait article that you yourself are commenting on, right? Go back to talking about recruiting then and be insufferable in those threads. I like that you typically self-quarantine your pedantic and obnoxious attitude. (No duh nobody knows how the OL, or any other OL, will look this season while we are in June, genius).

The others that then want to baselessly speculate can do so. We all win. And I’ll put you on ignore so I win personally.

Last edited:
Messenger, you get the irony of complaining about a clickbait article that you yourself are commenting on, right? Go back to talking about recruiting then and be insufferable in those threads. I like it that you self quarantine yourself.

The others that then want to baseless speculate can do so as evidence by the number of posters participating. We all win.
What a jerk. Can you manage to stop lying about other fans you fantasize about disliking and try to add something useful yourself about football subjects? I and many others contribute more practical football information to this website in a day than you do in a year. You know nothing about me and not much more than that about college football.

And it is click bait, you freaking snob. I offer the point about needing to wait until September to get a handle on our OL because it is the truth. New OC, new OL coach, new players. Or is that over your head?

IMO this ranking prob based on past history & the addition of Wolford. A ranking of earned respect. We'll all see reality in Sept.
You have that right. If Coach Wolf doesn't produce improvement in individual and group performance in his room, I will be surprised. I even expect some guys like Burton who seemed to be frozen in their development to show significant improvement. I was never a fan of Yenser and I think he just didn't teach very well at this level.

Marques Cox proved himself to me last year, tough as nails. To me, the question is how well will Mincey and Ford do this year? Not worrying too much about the interior, and hope that is right.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Marques Cox proved himself to me last year, tough as nails. To me, the question is how well will Mincey and Ford do this year? Not worrying too much about the interior, and hope that is right.
Messenger/Rembrandt/SPECT Imaging/Frank,

How many sock puppet accounts do you operate on this site?? I sincerely hope you can get more joy and validation in the actual world that you don’t have to have multiple anon accounts on a sports talk site.

I would love to see Gerald Mincey play right guard. He would outstanding there.
He might be....but I highly doubt he left starting tackle job at Tennessee to play guard at UK. But I agree with your sentiment that Jager has gotten every chance to play and has been subpar.....But he finally is an upperclassman...so maybe he can grow into being solid OLine.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
He might be....but I highly doubt he left starting tackle job at Tennessee to play guard at UK. But I agree with your sentiment that Jager has gotten every chance to play and has been subpar.....But he finally is an upperclassman...so maybe he can grow into being solid OLine.
Every player on our offensive line will improve this year. More experience. Better quarterback. Better coach. Better scheme. I noticed Austin Ramsey lost a little weight and made a big move in the spring. Watch out for that one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT