ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic- vote for my daughter

PRPcoach

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 20, 2006
My daughter, Morgan White, is up for Louisville Metro soccer player of the year thru the Courier Journal. If you get a second, please vote for her. Thanks.
Voted---I know nothing about soccer....I officiate basketball and baseball. I actually have PRP in baseball next spring, @ Jeffersonville.

Reactions: PRPcoach
My daughter, Morgan White, is up for Louisville Metro soccer player of the year thru the Courier Journal. If you get a second, please vote for her. Thanks.
Voted! 115 saves is impressive. Hopefully we push her over the edge because the huge goal scorers get all the love.

My daughter was a very good soccer player also. Played club and HS and then went to Long Beach State and started on the varsity. Many honors she received. And I was her coach for about 5 years. PRP coach has a lot to be thankful for. Hope she wins.

Sorry to be a scrounge but two years ago my granddaughters team was victimized by what you are proposing. Two inferior players, twins, only one a starter, brought essentially their whole neighborhood and family to vote for them. By this they won the awards for best player and runner up while two FAR superior players and the fans were left standing with their mouths agape. There is nothing fair or good about what you are asking, and what people have apparently done here. I’m not quite sure how you’d be able to justify this to kids that may be victimized by this. So it’s a clear no way and just maybe the decent thing to do is put a stop to this. Again, sorry for perhaps coming across as an ass but it ain’t right.

Sorry to be a scrounge but two years ago my granddaughters team was victimized by what you are proposing. Two inferior players, twins, only one a starter, brought essentially their whole neighborhood and family to vote for them. By this they won the awards for best player and runner up while two FAR superior players and the fans were left standing with their mouths agape. There is nothing fair or good about what you are asking, and what people have apparently done here. I’m not quite sure how you’d be able to justify this to kids that may be victimized by this. So it’s a clear no way and just maybe the decent thing to do is put a stop to this. Again, sorry for perhaps coming across as an ass but it ain’t right.
If the awards are determined by fan vote then it's fair game, sorry. If you don't like it then campaign to change the way they are awarded?

There are people with peckers swimming against women in college and you’re worried about an online vote…

I get your point, but this has NOTHING to do with making all-Region, all-State, or anything like that. This is just a popularity contest that the newspaper puts on the get more folks to click on their site.
Honestly, my daughter doesn't really have a chance, other girls at other schools have "marketed" their girls to get more votes far more than I/her team has. I just thought this would be a under-the-radar way for her to not come in last. Folks in the soccer community know who the better players are, that won't be reflected in who wins this award.

Why would anyone care who wins if they don't care enough to get the word out to vote for who they think is the best? It's not like this is a meaningful award. It's an online vote fcol. I don't think I would leave it up to chance if I were an interested party. I'd put the word out and often

Reactions: saxonburgcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT