ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic: My “Workout” today

lz

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2002
Since retirement in 2007 my wife and I belong to what she terms a “boutique” Fitness place, aging but nice enough, but close to where we and many others live.
We work out a couple of expensive hours two days a week on their treadmill and various other torture equipment supplemented by our walking and stretching. When the place was new, the young people employed were local college kids who were fit and communicative, required to work hard seeking new clients by previous owners. The young people working there now rarely speak, etc, ok since that’s the general daytime mood of the place.
Today as we drove into their bigger-than-needed lot around 11 AM, a car was parked to the right edge of the lot near an open field. I asked my wife if she saw what I did, a middle aged guy in street clothes to the right of his car standing in a position we men all know. As we headed toward the door, she said “You don’t have to look,” to which I replied “Yes, but I wonder if we were right, I saw nothing, but his calm, finishing actions told me the story.”
After getting inside the locked door and slowly stashing my towel and car key, the “devil made me” go to the front office and tell the lackadaisical, relaxed early 20s employee, “Did you know a guy was pissing beside your driveway into the field?” She said What? about 3 times before it registered, and I feared she was going to tip over the back of her swivel chair and fall.😜 I told her “Well, he drove onward, so no harm,” as she finally composed herself and went back to reading her iPad messages.
Lively day for me!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News